Geocaching cake picture

What do you think of the cake that I made for the "Dude, Donde esta mi Chevy?!" geocaching event yesturday? I do cakes and just had to bring one to this event when I saw that all participants should bring a dessert. I imagine that geocaching.com didn't mind me borrowing their logo.

5d3a899c-e485-4195-8cfd-32b37a38729f.jpg

(If this is in the wrong forum section could a moderator please move it? Thanks)

Excellent!!

Acceptable non-commercial uses of the Groundspeak Geocaching Logo:

The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo may be used on non-commercial Web pages, where the context in which the Groundspeak Geocaching Logo is placed portrays Geocaching and Groundspeak in a positive light. You will need to include the following language in small text somewhere on the page where the Groundspeak Geocaching logo appears: "The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo is a registered trademark of Groundspeak, Inc. Used with permission." Please make the "Groundspeak, Inc." part of the statement a link to our home page (http://www.Groundspeak.com).

We are also willing to make allowances for those of you who have creative ideas and want to do something fun for your friends and fellow Geocachers. The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo may be used only on non-commercial items. These items may include, but are not limited to shirts, hats, coins, logbooks, stickers and cache containers. Additionally, the Groundspeak Geocaching logo may not be modified in any way. If the lifetime use of the design is less than 25 units, you may consider permission automatically granted. These items may not, under any circumstance, be sold. For larger numbers of items, please request permission by sending an email to logo@Groundspeak.com.

Edited by lacomo

For borrowing the Logo.....

Cool cake!

Did you find your Chevy?

ahh.. ok, then they must be from geocaching.com, I'm not familiar with the Hider, Finder, Stalker and Sue firm.

Nope, I didn't find the chevy, I didn't come anywhere near winning but thats ok, I had fun.

His_little_lamb read my edited post above.

Looks great.

What type of frosting? I prefer the lighter, whipped-creamier type than the thick sugary stuff.

Sorry, it was the heaver buttercream icing. I can decorate better with it than with a whipped frosting.

That's ok. If I ever encounter one of your cakes, I promise to keep an open mind while eating a piece of it, regardless of the frosting type. :anitongue:

For borrowing the Logo.....

Cool cake!

Did you find your Chevy?

ahh.. ok, then they must be from geocaching.com, I'm not familiar with the Hider, Finder, Stalker and Sue firm.

Nope, I didn't find the chevy, I didn't come anywhere near winning but thats ok, I had fun.

His_little_lamb read my edited post above.

I see it now, thanks for the info. It looks like I was just fine then. The cake wasn't wasn't commercial (I didn't sell the cake) and I certianly didn't make more than 25 of them! :anitongue:

Great job, I do cakes, too, and I know that it's not so hard as it looks, but not as easy as it looks, either!

*impressed*

:anitongue:

Actually it was quite easy. I've done a lot harder. I only had to use two different tips the whole time, #4 and #18.

and to H2OBob: sorry the cake wasn't spice. It was bannana chocolate chip.

Great job, I do cakes, too, and I know that it's not so hard as it looks, but not as easy as it looks, either!

*impressed*

Actually it was quite easy. I've done a lot harder. I only had to use two different tips the whole time, #4 and #18.

and to H2OBob: sorry the cake wasn't spice. It was bannana chocolate chip.

You had me all the way up to the "bananna" part. Otherwise, WOW!

Wow, that was YOURS? What a truly amazing cake. As I passed it in the food line, I admired it and wondered who brought it. Nobody wanted to cut into it and take a slice because the cake was SO pretty! I hope that later on, someone enjoyed it. I bet it tasted as yummy as it looks. Thank you for contributing to one of the yummiest event cache food tables ever!

Wow, that was YOURS? What a truly amazing cake. As I passed it in the food line, I admired it and wondered who brought it. Nobody wanted to cut into it and take a slice because the cake was SO pretty! I hope that later on, someone enjoyed it. I bet it tasted as yummy as it looks. Thank you for contributing to one of the yummiest event cache food tables ever!

Yes, later on people ate from the cake. When I got up to it in line it was about half gone and I think later it may have been totally eaten.

ClayC- that would be cool to do an ammo can. It would be harder but not impossible.

Monkeybrad- Nice cake! I love the pretzel bridge.

-edited for a spelling error-

Edited by His_little_lamb

5d3a899c-e485-4195-8cfd-32b37a38729f.jpg

I met His Little Lamb at Dude, Donde Esta Mi Chevy.

Ma'am there was a cake there like this. Is this your cake?

Yep, thats my cake. ( :rolleyes: it even says so on the picture) Glad you liked it. It was nice meeting you too.

Rockin Roddy-- sorry the blue was eaten first that day <_<

kingsting-- that is a cool cake. Did you make it?

Keystone-- There was another thread about my cake? I'm famous and didn't even know it! How can I tell which post are from the other thread?

If you will look up at post #26, you will see that I didn't notice your thread, and I started one. He merged them. When I noticed you were on line, I started it.

Ah ok. The picture that you originally posted was the exact same as mine (with the words "cake created by His_little_lamb on the bottom). Did you get it from my profile? (not that I mind)