hints

mcgold

I had similar problems when printing cache pages in IE7.

Some pages would not print the top section (with coords, difficulty, etc) above the description section,

especially when dynamic sections are clicked to hide sections, hide images or to decrypt hints.

Here's what I do to correctly print:

1) on the cache listing, click on the link to "Make this page print-friendly (no logs)"

2) on the printer friendly page, click on the decrypt link on the right side of the Additional Hints section.

3) Click on File -> Print Preview

4) I look at the preview screen to make sure that the top section is visible.

If it is not, there is a dropdown to "Change Print size" which normally defaults to "Shrink to fit".

I would then change it to 80%, 70% or as low as 60% until the top section shows up in the print preview.

Once it is visible, click on the Print Document Icon on the top left to print the document as shown.

I had similar problems when printing cache pages in IE7.

Some pages would not print the top section (with coords, difficulty, etc) above the description section,

especially when dynamic sections are clicked to hide sections, hide images or to decrypt hints.

Here's what I do to correctly print:

1) on the cache listing, click on the link to "Make this page print-friendly (no logs)"

2) on the printer friendly page, click on the decrypt link on the right side of the Additional Hints section.

3) Click on File -> Print Preview

4) I look at the preview screen to make sure that the top section is visible.

If it is not, there is a dropdown to "Change Print size" which normally defaults to "Shrink to fit".

I would then change it to 80%, 70% or as low as 60% until the top section shows up in the print preview.

Once it is visible, click on the Print Document Icon on the top left to print the document as shown.

Wow - thanks! Been having the same problem myself.... though at the rate I'm going through ink I think it's time to go paperless!

I used to highlite the required information and paste it into a Word document. Had Cache name, coordinates, description, and decoded hint if any.

I would print 2-4 on each sheet of paper and color code them in relation to each other for caching sequence.

I have since gone to paperless with my pocket pc...................... :D

Edited by Ranster

when i print out the cache page the hints won't print out, why?

Are you sending the cache page to a PDF for printing? On PDFs, the hint are on the second page.

Every print + 5 using pdf that I have ever done, the hint is never on the second page. There is a second 'column' on the right and the hint is at the top. There is even a "fold along this line" separator between the left and right hand sides of the form.

How do you send a cache page to PDF? When I am on the page, the PDF icon is not a live link, even though it says [no logs][5 logs][10 logs] they are greyed out and I cannnot click on them

Perhaps you need to be a premium member. Someone will come along shortly to tell us I'm sure. That's the only thing that I can figure. You are logged in I presume. :laughing:

Never mind, that's it, if you are not logged in, the links are greyed out. Try it, you'll like it. :ph34r:

It's always the simple stuff that gets you, ain't it? Like a piece of insulating foam............

Edited by Team Cotati