Stolen Geocoins

SoCalifSue

I have 4 geocoins out that have been stolen. :D I know the cachers that last logged into the cache they were placed in and they do not have the coins. I hate looking at the list and seeing "0" miles or no activity for 1 yr. :tongue:

Question: Is there any way to deactivate a coin so that it no longer shows up on my account/list?

Mark it missing from the coin page so it's not teasing you and others in the last cache it was logged to. How knows maybe it'll turn up again when you least expect it - it's happened to a few of mine so I know it's possible!!

I also have the same problem, the person grabs it from the caches and keeps them for more than two months. not just coins TB's also, and her friend keeps discovering them but they dont move them along. I would like to deactive the coin.

Mark it missing from the coin page so it's not teasing you and others in the last cache it was logged to. How knows maybe it'll turn up again when you least expect it - it's happened to a few of mine so I know it's possible!!

I also have the same problem, the person grabs it from the caches and keeps them for more than two months. not just coins TB's also, and her friend keeps discovering them but they dont move them along. I would like to deactive the coin.

Don't give up yet. I did send the person who has your coin an e-mail and offered them a little reward for releasing your coin. Maybe they just need a little nudge in the proper direction :anitongue: .

I just started collecting geocoins -- and this is the very reason right here why I will never place any in a cache. I wish people weren't so dishonest (and I know it's just a select few individuals), but the world isn't perfect either.

I have no issue giving people a list of the codes so they can "discover" them, but I'd hate to see them vanish forever.

Just my two ¢. Take it for what it's worth.

Hope you get your coins back!

Edited by steedaq155

It looks like your Super Cacher coin was logged into a cache <_< - now just to see if it's actually there and gets back on the road :rolleyes: . I am keeping a watch on it until it gets moving along. Good Luck!!

Gee, Wi_Robin, I wish you could work miracles on my Kiwi G. Racer geocoin! There is a young cacher in California who grabbed it out of a cache before I could log it. I wrote and told him that I was going to grab it back and log it in. Than, I wrote to him a couple of times as to how to log it back to him. Unfortunately, It has been marked "unknown location" when it is actually in His hands :rolleyes: !

Edited by fairyhoney

I have 4 geocoins out that have been stolen. :anitongue: I know the cachers that last logged into the cache they were placed in and they do not have the coins. I hate looking at the list and seeing "0" miles or no activity for 1 yr. :rolleyes:

Question: Is there any way to deactivate a coin so that it no longer shows up on my account/list?

I always change the name to **STOLEN** or something similar. Whether or not it helps, I can't say, but I do know that some of my **STOLEN** coins have magically reappeared :anitongue: