Sheildzone: what is wrong with these people?

gallet

Chalk up another disappointment. I ordered from the website and they specifically list a Vista HCx model. The invoice confirms that I ordered correctly.

The shield that arrived today is labeled "Garmin eTrex C Series Screen Shield" and it's at least 3/16"" too tall and 1/16" too narrow. Phooey!

I didn't even bother to take it off the backing card. Firing off an e-mail now, we'll see............

I got an automated response almost immediately:

We are currently experiencing a high volume of inquiries due to an overwhelming increase in sales. This has caused a delay in responding to emails and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will reply to your inquiry as quickly as possible, but it may take up to 2-3 business days. We've recently doubled our number of customer service representatives in an effort to better accommodate and serve our community and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Perhaps if you sent out the correct shield to all of us the first time, you wouldn't have to double your C/S department. JMTC

BelchFire, I ordered mine the exact same way. The HCx was not even listed on their website for a while, so when I ordered I thought the problem was fixed, apparently not. Getting through by phone was hard. I called to try and order and left a message and of course they did not call back until the next day and I was not home. Was hoping to get an answer that this problem was fixed.

Too long and not wide enough, but at least wide enough to cover the screen. How hard can this be to get fixed?

I too e-mailed them. The last time I e-mailed them it took over a week and a follow-up e-mail to receive an answer.

After a week or so, I got a follow-up e-mail that said "we're sorry and we'll send you the correct unit with a SASE to return the wrong one." OK, that's fair enough so I wait. The replacement unit came in yesterday, HURRAY, but I open the package and NO JOY.

It's EXACTLY like the first one. Too tall by 0.236" at the center and too narrow by 0.211" at the "shoulder" area (where the upper portion of the screen is wider than the bottom).

*sigh*

And they DIDN'T include a SASE for return of the wrong one (which wrong one would that be?) What's a man to do?

Let's try e-mail again..........

are you kidding with those pictures?????????????? I mean WOW talk about obsessive

first off, Im pretty sure the only impending scratches that can really do any harm to the visual screen would not occur on the black or outer lying edges at all

secondly expecting every piece of material to be cut perfectly and placed on correctly by the user is asking quite a LOT

and last WOW obsessive.....for $10 you get something that does exactly what it claims to do, it protects fits and sticks more than reasonably well

are you kidding with those pictures?????????????? I mean WOW talk about obsessive

first off, Im pretty sure the only impending scratches that can really do any harm to the visual screen would not occur on the black or outer lying edges at all

secondly expecting every piece of material to be cut perfectly and placed on correctly by the user is asking quite a LOT

and last WOW obsessive.....for $10 you get something that does exactly what it claims to do, it protects fits and sticks more than reasonably well

Well, I think the original issue issue was not that it was undersized, it was that it was oversized. The problem with that is that it collects dust and junk on the edge, and at the top and bottom, it could even wrinkle the screen protector. Both of these situations could lead to the protector gradually peeling up at the edges. The later pictures are after some back-and-forth with the manufacturer and I think are just an illustration of the frustration with their imprecision--if they're going to fix it, why not get it exactly right? The screen protectors for the other models don't seem to have any fit problems.

Ive had one for my 60csx for 5 months now, and not a single problem, its been in and out of my pocket and no real issues even though there are slight overlaps.....I just bought one for my HCX too and the samething but no real issues overtime unless you are really rubbing it in the sand and soot, which I might add nothing will truly protect against an ABUSIVE user...</end rant>

On Oct. 15th I e-mailed them, on the 18th here was their response:

"Thank you for contacting ZAGG, home of the invisibleSHIELD! My name is

Ken, and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

I am sorry it sounds like you received an incorrect invisibleSHIELD. In

order to help you better, can I please get the measurements of your

screen, and the invisibleSHIELD you received."

On the the 19th I responded with what I called rough measurements. Still waiting for a response, a full week later and a follow up e-mail in between.

I am not very impressed with the product or their customer service. It can not be that hard to get the right measurements, the shield I received is not even close to being a proper fit, too long and too narrow. Zaggs quality control must certainly be lacking especial when you consider the size and scope of this problem.

bigskyguy,

IIRC, you and I received the same size screen for the HCx. I sent a snail mail with a typewritten letter today; maybe that'll get their attention. If that doesn't work, the next one is going out registered mail to Mr. President and CEO.

For the record, all communications I have had with them have been pleasant and their action is good (send a new unit). What torques me is that they sent the SAME wrong one to replace the original wrong one.

I guess I am a little disappointed in the slow response of fixing this problem, especially no e-mail reply. At least a reply saying they are working on the problem would be sufficient. I can see what a plus a correctly fitting shield would be. This is the time of year when my GPS gets lots of use and needs the protection.

I am also to some extent a perfectionist and like thing neat.

To me the shield looks like it would fit an eTrex Vista.

Maybe my next step will be to USPS them.

Thanks BelchFire for all your input.

UPDATE:

I received an e-mail response to my snail mail a few days later. It was very polite and basically said "We're SO very sorry; I'll personally see that this next one fits" OK; we'll see......

Saturday, it arrives with the same label, but VOILA! IT FITS!!!!! And they sent an envelope to return the old one. It's only a common envelope though; am I not expected to return the spray bottle and squeegee tool too? 41 cents won't do it if I am.....

Now for my next question: Can you reposition this thing? It fits, but I got it slightly off center. It's acceptable like it is, but being the perfectionist I am, I don't like the gap on the right and the "lip" on the left. It's not bad, but I can feel it when I run my hand over it. If I take it up, will it go back down acceptably or do I need to replace it? Help!

On Friday I e-mailed Robert G. Pedersen II, President/CEO, about my problems and got a very fast response from him: "I am so sorry to hear this! I don't know how this could have

happened!? Someone will contact you this morning."

Zagg tried to contact me by phone but I was not home so NICHOLAUS CHIPPING e-mailed me with this response: "I am very sorry to hear about you not receiving a response, and also to hear that you received the incorrect shield! I have scheduled for the correct shield to be shipped to you via UPS Ground, and it should be shipped out today. I will also personally verify that the shield is correct before it is shipped out.

Again, I am very sorry for the trouble. This should not be an issue in the future. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!"

Its obvious that Mr. Pendersen takes customer satisfaction seriously and that Zagg's customer service is better than I previously stated.

Hopefully this will solve my problem. Will follow up when I receive the new shield.

Ordered Oct 2nd. Received 2 incorrect and just last Tues (10/30) received the proper one.

The label on the front ("Garmin eTrex C Series Screen Shield") was the same so I wasn't holding my breath, though, the package itself was different. Perfect fit.

Belch - not sure about the repositioning. What I recall from earlier readings is that it won't go down a second time as nice as it does the first time. Don't remember where I had read it.

extremecarver,

My best suggestions would be a type written letter addressed to Customer Service. Be sure to include the actual dimensions that would be correct! I think that's the clue for me.

I wonder if Robert G. Pedersen II, President/CEO has read this thread and/or is even aware that they have an ongoing problem fitting the Vista HCx?

I dont know how people get issues like this.....I hear people complain about dell, microsoft, garmin, brother, xerox, ford, chevy..........I have dealt with allllll of these companies for years and never had an issue that was not end-user related....Except one time I did get a faulty western digital hard drive, but for 98% of the time I just dont understand why end-users are so fanc....I must be very lucky or something odd like that