Wheretogo, Vertigo! gone

King Pellinore

A sad day indeed. :tongue:

This cache represented a very different era of Geocaching. I'm very sad to see it go.

How long did that cache last? Five years?

Very fortunately, there are still some of these "classic extreme" hides still popping up once in a while.

See the efforts by White Whiskey.

And as if the removal of the old train bridge wasn't bad enough, they has the nerve to actually pave the road bridge over the canal! What is this world coming to?! :D

greetings friends. it is with heavy heart that i must announce the end of an era. wheretoVertigo! is wheretogone. And not just the cache either, but the train, tracks, ties, trestle, even the concrete pillars. completely and totally gone. *sigh*

Thank you to all who sought this cache, I hope you had fun!

Not me, I chickened out. Twice. Sorry to see it go though. Oh well, at least you inspired that Vinny guy. :D

Editing after checking out the cache page, nice work by avgraphics documenting the removal of the bridge via photograpy.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

I just noticed KP and EK10 signed up on the same day... coincidence? :D

What're you saying? That KP is EKitt's sock puppet? Unlikely. I've spent way too much time reading that cache page today. How about the group hunt where The King showed up, in umm, in King garb? There's a really nice pic of him and the late Skully and Mulder et al. This is the cache page, btw: Wheretogo?Vertigo!

I just noticed KP and EK10 signed up on the same day... coincidence? :rolleyes:

Coincidence? or Psychic Phenomenon?? LOL! gee, W.Urkel, we have never been seen at the same time in the same place! the only question remaining is which one is the evil alter ego of the other?

yeah the group hunt was fun

Avroair, 4 years!?! he who hesitates... and thank you for the pics as well. hard to believe. in a year you'll never know there was anything there at all...

Avroair, 4 years!?!

Exactly, hesitated too long. I even considered placing a cache very close by, the area is the site of a revolutionary war battle. Battle of Bound Brook. Where the Hessian (german mercenaries) attacked the colonials. It's written up in a hessian's diary from the period. :)

Nothing like it.. its a huge loss. Luckily I had a chance to find it when I first started geocaching a couple years ago. This was my 3rd find.

King Pellinore was very gracious toward myself and my caching buddy puma732 when we replaced the rusty container - thinking that we were doing a good deed - taking away from its mystique by making it larger and somewhat easier to find... (check out the logs that followed - some people were not very happy)

Like they say: "All good things..."

:D:D:D