Map problem with 60CX?

I recently received the City Navigator 2008 map update and installed maps covering the USA and Canada on my 60CX.

I have software Version 2.90 on the GPS.

I recently visited New York City and was looking for Rockefeller Center by clicking Find > All POI's and started enter the name. Strangely enough, it would only bring up search results for Canada and nothing in the USA. I was able to find it using other means, but should it not have come up using the method I tried first?

I wonder if someone who has the same setup could try it and report back to see if they got the same results?

I recently received the City Navigator 2008 map update and installed maps covering the USA and Canada on my 60CX.

I have software Version 2.90 on the GPS.

I recently visited New York City and was looking for Rockefeller Center by clicking Find > All POI's and started enter the name. Strangely enough, it would only bring up search results for Canada and nothing in the USA. I was able to find it using other means, but should it not have come up using the method I tried first?

I wonder if someone who has the same setup could try it and report back to see if they got the same results?

My bad. I do have version 3.50 installed. I was looking at t GPS SW version which is version 2.90. Thanks for pointing this out!

My bad. I do have version 3.50 installed. I was looking at t GPS SW version which is version 2.90. Thanks for pointing this out!

No problem, I just wanted to make sure you did indeed have the most current unit software.

Edited by hogrod

Insp Gadget, with regard to your original post: The find feature is sensitive to which screen you were on when you pressed the find button. For most of the screens if you hit the Find button, the finding will be with respect to your current position, but if you hit find as you are panning the map, the search will be with regard to the spot where the pointer is pointing. If you were panning at that moment, then this would explain why the search results were for a different location from where you were located.

Insp Gadget, with regard to your original post: The find feature is sensitive to which screen you were on when you pressed the find button. For most of the screens if you hit the Find button, the finding will be with respect to your current position, but if you hit find as you are panning the map, the search will be with regard to the spot where the pointer is pointing. If you were panning at that moment, then this would explain why the search results were for a different location from where you were located.

I actually tried this several imes. A few times I tried it here in Canada before I left. I would pan the map to NYC and start my search like that. The GPS would even say "searching near map pointer" and it still showed POI's for Canada. Also, when I was right in NYC and tried the search without panning at all it did the same thing.....