Nastiest Trash You Ever Removed

Knobhiker

the remains of a computer monitor! It was a fair distance from the parking lot, so somebody had done some heavy lifting to haul it all the way out there. Especially sad, since our area has implemented a free computer drop-off program for people to get rid of such things safely. It was left near the remains of a campfire, and I'm still trying to figure out what one had to do with the other.

I'd imagine someone new to online dating and thought they would like to go camping together. :o

It is only going to get worse. The Ohio Dept. of Nat. Resources has stopped trash pick up in up to 30 of their parks. This is a part of the cost cutting that has been imposed in the state. Here is a segment from a Dayton Daily News article, about this.

As the state struggles with a multi-billion dollar budget crisis, there’s no money to spare these days in ODNR’s budget for trash pick-up or the convenience of waste cans — at least not in the areas of the parks designated “day-use.”

That means just about anywhere outside the confines of paid campgrounds, where there is still trash pick-up. The thinking is that trash service should be included in the cost patrons shell out in campground rental fees.

This haul-as-you-go policy went into effect Memorial Day at Caesar Creek and Cowan Lake.

So the next time you’re at the parks and seek that familiar place to discard your abundant fast-food waste, you’ll find official signage explaining the new policy.

What you won’t find is a garbage can.

I found a dead body about a year ago at a "Welcome Center" in Louisiana.. :)

I let the ladies inside the center know there was someone sleeping in the bushes then I left!

Heard about it on the news the next day that he was NOT sleeping.. ;)

And just last week we found a pile of about 16 dead ducks, woman's wig and a nice big

bag of drugs all at the same cache location. The description of the cache; "Nice place to

bring the kids fishing and have a picnic!" B)

NAWW, don't think I want to bring the kids to picnic or fish here!!!

Ugh! That is like my absolute #1 worst fear of geoacaching - coming across a dead body. I'm afraid that would just end it for me.