ETrex Legend maps

Another newbie here. Not a techie, so this is a bit of a challenge. (I can do this!)

The base maps on the Legend leave something to be desired. When I scan the Garmin site for compatible maps, the 2 that seem to "fit" my needs are Metroguide NA and Topo US 2008. When I use the sites little "trial" piece, these maps are also lacking. BIG TIME. Is it just the trial on the site? Are they really much more detailed ? Are they worth it/are there better? Any help is appreciated. :anibad:

Dos Amigas

the 2 that seem to "fit" my needs are Metroguide NA and Topo US 2008. When I use the sites little "trial" piece, these maps are also lacking. BIG TIME. Is it just the trial on the site? Are they really much more detailed ? Are they worth it/are there better? Any help is appreciated. :(

Dos Amigas

Lacking in what way? MetroGuide has pretty much every road in America. Dunno what's missing, unless it's recently-built stuff.

Some people find maps worth it; some don't. Currently I run MGNAv8 and am very happy with it. Worked fine in my Legend, too.

Another newbie here. Not a techie, so this is a bit of a challenge. (I can do this!)

The base maps on the Legend leave something to be desired. When I scan the Garmin site for compatible maps, the 2 that seem to "fit" my needs are Metroguide NA and Topo US 2008. When I use the sites little "trial" piece, these maps are also lacking. BIG TIME. Is it just the trial on the site? Are they really much more detailed ? Are they worth it/are there better? Any help is appreciated. :(

Dos Amigas

I bought Metroguide and the topos when I bought my Legend. I don't like the Garmin topos but the Metroguide maps were useful. The Legend won't autoroute but you can setup routes on your PC and upload them to the Legend.

the 2 that seem to "fit" my needs are Metroguide NA and Topo US 2008. When I use the sites little "trial" piece, these maps are also lacking. BIG TIME. Is it just the trial on the site? Are they really much more detailed ? Are they worth it/are there better? Any help is appreciated. :(

Dos Amigas

Lacking in what way? MetroGuide has pretty much every road in America. Dunno what's missing, unless it's recently-built stuff.

Some people find maps worth it; some don't. Currently I run MGNAv8 and am very happy with it. Worked fine in my Legend, too.

It must be the "trial" on the site. I couldn't get it to show any local city streets, just the highways.

Thanks for the info-that's what I needed to know-that there IS more to it.