Geotruckers

Burrabbit

Not any real way of knowing.

Not all truck drivers that cache belong to GeoTruckers, even though that is a great place to find resources that tell of caches with adequate parking near. Not all truck drivers may cache on the job, but only when off duty and the size of the vehicle doesn't matter. Not all members of GeoTruckers are truck drivers, but RVers who wish to take advantage of the resource avaible on the site. How would you take inventory of all countries?

But by the way, there are currently over 300 members of GeoTruckers.

How many Geocaching truckers have we got out there? My wife and I are having a debate I think there's more than she thinks. Well i'll stand up and say I'm one. Let's hear from ya.

Reason for the question is I'm thinking a multi state truck friendly cache. :anibad:

How many does she think?

She don't think there's very many judging on the fitness level of drivers today. I'm thinking couple hundred she thinks couple dozen if lucky.

I cache and drive as well. (Not at the same time) But when I'm on the road. Just logged I was able to catch 5 in Ca. over the last 3 days in my spare time. Easy access ones. The thing I really enjoy is the excersize.

"Easy access........exercise"? Would that be easy access for the truck.......or you? :tired::anibad::ph34r:

How many Geocaching truckers have we got out there? My wife and I are having a debate I think there's more than she thinks. Well i'll stand up and say I'm one. Let's hear from ya.

Reason for the question is I'm thinking a multi state truck friendly cache. :anibad:

I've been married for a while now and I've learned something that will help you and your wife with this debate.

She's right.

Reason for the question is I'm thinking a multi state truck friendly cache. :)

I've been married for a while now and I've learned something that will help you and your wife with this debate.

She's right.

And if by some chance, you happen to be right (I know, it does sound a bit ludicrous, but it has to happen sometime) then you should immediately apologize.

The vast majority of geocachers never surf these forums. Many truckers don't even know about GeoTruckers.com. We're always getting members that say that they found about the club from another trucking geocacher by word of mouth. As of now, we've got 393 members on our site and that's only scratching the surface. Theirs also a lot of RV'ers with large rigs that have similar problems finding caches that they can fit into during their travels.

How many geocaching truck drivers are there out there? I don't know, but based on the membership of GeoTruckers, and the fact that many of the members found out about the site by word of mouth, I'd say their has to be THOUSANDS!!! How many thousands I don't know, but their are a bunch.

Neither the wife or I cache while driving, generally. I have found a cache at a rest stop on 17 north just outside Shallotte, NC. I had stopped for a potty break on a run. I use TomTom for work and play, and this cache shows up as I'm sitting on it. I had been playing with Cachemate's add-on Cache-Nav, so I fired that up and found the cache. Felt funny with a PDA in one hand and a bluetooth GPS in the other.

Most of the time we just don't have the time or could justify going out-of-route enough to finds caches that interest us.

She don't think there's very many judging on the fitness level of drivers today. I'm thinking couple hundred she thinks couple dozen if lucky.

Certainly more than a couple dozen, I've recognized several of the names in logbooks from the GeoTruckers site. Even better, had two of my logbooks on my caches signed by the same trucker within a day of each other. <_<

Geocaching is one of the reasons that I began caching, wanted a reason to get out of the truck and something to do beside just walk up and down a rest area. Have since gone on several hour long hikes and put my bike back into the truck so I can get around when I have down time. The best part of caching, 25 pounds gone in the past year!!! YEAH!

I drive a lot for my job, although not a truck driver. I didn't know about this group, but it looks like I may be able to use a lot of the info. Thanks.

GeoTruckers data base is open for use by all. Don't miss the blogs or the store offerings either. Sign up not necessary to browse.