Road Trip coin

PennyPacker

Day Two. Worst caching day of my life. We eventually made it to our anticipated destination, way too late. I don't like doing road trips in the dark 'cause of what I might miss. Last year we drove along the Flaming Gorge at night, (long story) and never got to see it. Found a whopping 10 caches today. 10. Every road went in the wrong direction and some caches were missing. We had cached along this route last year so most had already been found by us, but then we ran into a lane closure just outside of Albuquerque (where the bulk of new-to-us caches were) that sent us on a 50 mile detour behind dozens of detoured trucks down a 2 lane road that we had made no pocket queries for... so no caches to even look for. But I did drop off 3 Road Trip coins... somehow. I expect tomorrow to be better... I'll be leaving copper coins in NM, TX and OK, in addition to some silver coins.

Oh... and the laptop battery died while I tried to leave this post the first time. Errrr.

Road Trip is officially under way. I decided today to have several contests to give away extra coins so be on the look-out for those. Grabbed a few caches today and didn't leave many coins behind in California. As a CA native, in light of the current situation in my state and my desire to get out of it, I'm not gonna leave many coins there, consider it my own personal protest - that ought to show 'em :)

The copper Road Trip coin that was designated for Arizona has been left behind, in addition to the other two finishes, in the hands of Haughton's Hunters (who responded with some cool coins himself) who met Ms. PP and I tonight for dinner in Williams, Arizona. We had a great time this evening and it was an awesome way to start our trip. We're looking forward to meeting other cachers and forum regulars along the way to exchange stories and coins. Oh... if you're ever in Williams, Arizona, stop in at the Typhoon Saloon... just remember to bring your own 'beverages'. Tomorrow... the remainder of Arizona and most of New Mexico.

Well, I finally got home from Williams. I got up the next day and spend most of it splitting wood at my brothers, but I digress.

Had a great time with PP & Mrs. PP at the Typhoon Saloon. You are a couple of great people that I'm glad to have met and would be happy to meet you again if the occasion ever arises. I hope Mrs. PP is doing better, I know she's been worse off then you both had hoped.

Also, thank you for the trade of coins. I'm honored to have the copper version for Arizona! I enjoyed the couple hours we spent talking and BSing, though the band was a little loud for such a small room. :):D

Again, I'm glad to have had the chance to meet up with you and the Mrs. Perhaps we'll meet at Geowoodstock in the Spring. Bring the bike and we can make a motorcycle cache run!

If anybody is interested, I have about a half dozen gold & silver coins left-over after returning from our road trip. See the info above if you'd like to purchase either of them.

These are really great coins with a lot of meaning. If anyone gets a chance I would say get one! I love ours. Thank you PennyPacker for the opp to buy one and for the cointest!! <_< We sure hope your trip brought you tons of awesome memories! And is Ms. PennyPacker feeling better?

Again, I'm glad to have had the chance to meet up with you and the Mrs. Perhaps we'll meet at Geowoodstock in the Spring. Bring the bike and we can make a motorcycle cache run!

You're on now!

At this time, I'm intending to take the bike. I'll likely leave Friday AM and detour through 2 major national parks (so I can get pins for my vest of course) and arrive some time Saturday. Sunday is the event, then Monday make a beeline home and collapse for the night and go to work on Tuesday!

The route there from my house through Death Valley and Yosimite is about 1,000 miles. Back will be under 900 (or pretty close).

If anybody is interested, I have about a half dozen gold & silver coins left-over after returning from our road trip. See the info above if you'd like to purchase either of them.

These are really great coins with a lot of meaning. If anyone gets a chance I would say get one! I love ours. Thank you PennyPacker for the opp to buy one and for the cointest!! ;) We sure hope your trip brought you tons of awesome memories! And is Ms. PennyPacker feeling better?

The trip was better than we could have hoped for. Ms. PP has one more office visit procedure tomorrow and hopefully that will get her over the final hump. We're looking forward to next years trip already.

You're on now!

At this time, I'm intending to take the bike. I'll likely leave Friday AM and detour through 2 major national parks (so I can get pins for my vest of course) and arrive some time Saturday. Sunday is the event, then Monday make a beeline home and collapse for the night and go to work on Tuesday!

The route there from my house through Death Valley and Yosimite is about 1,000 miles. Back will be under 900 (or pretty close).

I'm very interested in joining up with you Brian. I assume you'll be going up 395 after you cross DV? I could meet you there. Are you planning on doing the 900 mile return trip in one day? That's only a 100 miles short of an Iron Butt... might want to look into that. ;)

I'll send you an email...

Got my coin in the mail today, great looking and unique! Thanks again for the cointest! :mad:

All this talk of road trips reminds of time mis-spent (or well-spent, depending upon your perspective :huh: ) during college taking LONG road trips on my old Nighthawk, fell just short of the 1K in 24 hours on a trip from Seattle to Idaho and back via Portland. :mad: Man did my butt ever hurt at the end of that trip, and had to use the engine block to stay thawed out on some wet/cold/dark sections. <_<

I'm very interested in joining up with you Brian. I assume you'll be going up 395 after you cross DV? I could meet you there. Are you planning on doing the 900 mile return trip in one day? That's only a 100 miles short of an Iron Butt... might want to look into that. ;)

I'll send you an email...

I haven't REALLY planned a route yet, I just did a quick google maps from my house to there, and adjusted it to go through DV and YNP. I didn't even look at the roads to tell the truth.

I'll look for your email, we can really start to hash this out. Not to hijack the thread completely, but anyone else interested in joining? PM one of us and we'll see where people can join up for the ride.

Got both my coins and LOVE them! Not sure which one to keep now!! Might be loosing one in this area (but if I do, it'll likely be stolen quickly...this is an awesome coin)!!

THANKS for making such a great coin, if you do make it to Michigan, please let me know! I have several caches (including the MI Cache Across America cache) here that are close together which I think you'd enjoy finding!! Would be more than happy to give you a guided tour or meet you somewhere for talk and a meal (or beverage)!!

Congrats on the trip, wish I could afford to do that...maybe soon!