City Navigator (ver 8) update to 2008 on 2nd unit

Fan4

They pointed me to the map upgrade screen where you put in your serial number.

My original GPSV S/N works here but not the S/N for the 60csx (even though this was my second unit I unlocked my maps to).

I can get an upgrade to my old gpsV that I sold a year ago but I wonder if it will load to my 60csx?

I better call back. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to buy the full up 2008 version.

Call them. 1-800-800-1020. It's a free call and they can tell you.

I have version 8 on two units (both 60CSX). I can't figure out from the Garmin site if one update (i.e. one $75 fee) will allow me to update both units. Do I have to pay to update both units (i.e. 2 x $75) Can anyone help here? Thanks.

Garmin has recently made a change in their update policy.

Up until a little while ago, you could update TWO units with ONE update, but now with the newest version of the CN NA. V2008 you can only update ONE unit per update DVD.

I had purchased TWO Garmin units ( 2730 & 7500 ) with the understanding that I would be able to do both of my units with the purchase of an update.

So I'm not real happy about the change. If I want to update the maps now, I have to pay for TWO update DVD's or decide which unit I want to update.

Tim

Not only that!! They also wont let me update the maps on the "second" unit.

Here's the scenerio. Bought GPSV in 2003 and cityselect version 4. Upgraded the gpsV to version 6 in 2005.

Bought 60csx in 2006 and unlocked maps to it.

Now I want to upgrade my maps to the 2008 version. The gps V is long gone.

Garmin does not allow upgrades to the second unit. I'm SOL and have to buy a full map product if I want new maps for the 60csx.

Garmins mapping policy sucks...I will certainly think strongly about other options before I buy again!!

Think I'll save my money and get a gps in my next cell phone and use google maps that will always be up to date and can voice out turn by turn directions.

I have version 8 on two units (both 60CSX). I can't figure out from the Garmin site if one update (i.e. one $75 fee) will allow me to update both units. Do I have to pay to update both units (i.e. 2 x $75) Can anyone help here? Thanks.

Garmin has recently made a change in their update policy.

Up until a little while ago, you could update TWO units with ONE update, but now with the newest version of the CN NA. V2008 you can only update ONE unit per update DVD.

I had purchased TWO Garmin units ( 2730 & 7500 ) with the understanding that I would be able to do both of my units with the purchase of an update.

So I'm not real happy about the change. If I want to update the maps now, I have to pay for TWO update DVD's or decide which unit I want to update.

Tim

Edited by kb9nvh