PQs

I used the e book to transfer data to a Sony Clie hand held, very basic hand held but did the job and saved loads of paper.

Any suggestions of what I can now use, really don't want to have to buy a pocket PC or anything else.

I just need a programme to be able to read the cache sheets after I've downloaded the way points etc.

I used the e book to transfer data to a Sony Clie hand held, very basic hand held but did the job and saved loads of paper.

Any suggestions of what I can now use, really don't want to have to buy a pocket PC or anything else.

I just need a programme to be able to read the cache sheets after I've downloaded the way points etc.

If you've got Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (GSAK) http://www.gsak.net you can export a set of filtered caches as set of HTMLs file.

Another program I used in an abortive attempt to use an ancient ericsson Smartphone was geotoad http://geotoad.sourceforge.net/index.php, which can export details in a number of formats, including HTML. It'll also do 'Cetus' files for PalmOS.

Can the Clie read HTML? Is the Clie a Palm-based unit? If so, you could use Cachemate.

I'll send a couple of examples of the html output from GSAK & Geotoad - see what you think.

Adrian

Loaded Cachemate to my hand held,

PQ saved in GSAK.

How do I get the cache page details to the cachemate on hand held?

In GSAK, use the File->Export->Cachemate PDB file (file menu, export submenu)

Then install the PDB on your Clie.

Got that far but don't know how to create PDB file

The PDB file is created by GSAK, using the file->export->Cachemate PDB file menu item.

One thing worth considering is make sure you know where GSAK has saved it.

If you are having problems, if you detail exactly what you do in GSAK, we will all endevour to help.

PQ saved in GSAK.

The PDB file is created by GSAK, using the file->export->Cachemate PDB file menu item.

If you are having problems, if you detail exactly what you do in GSAK, we will all endevour to help.

PQ arrives via email

click on attachment and then click on zip file this opens WinZip

double cliick on gpx file this opens GSAK load gpx/loc

click ok

Got all this but can't find the pdb file to send to cachemate via HotSink

OK so far.

With GSAK open, the next step is to go to the "File" menu (top left of the GSAK window), click on it and move down to the "Export" item (4th one down on my version).

This shoul pop up a submenu, with "CacheMate PDB File" at the top, click on that.

This will open a new window called "Export CacheMate PDB file"

Click the folder icon on the right hand side of the first input box (the one with "PDB file to create" above it), and give the file a name and a place to save it.

Make sure the "Install to palm after conversion" box is ticked.

Click on "Generate" and the PDB should be generated, and installed to your Clie.

Forgive me for using such simple steps, they can seem condesending, but they are easy to follow.

Let us know how you get on.

PQ saved in GSAK.

PQ arrives via email

click on attachment and then click on zip file this opens WinZip

double cliick on gpx file this opens GSAK load gpx/loc

click ok

Got all this but can't find the pdb file to send to cachemate via HotSink

GSAK will open zip files and import the gpx/loc, there is no need to unzip the files beforehand.

You can also drag the zipped gpx file onto the GSAK shortcut on your desktop. :)

Edited by stora