Pocket Query

Canuq

Hello all,

I just bought into the premium membership becasue I was getting carpal tunnel from manually plugging co-ords into my GPS :D Anyway .... I am trying to download a pocket query and this is what I am getting after I submit my data:

New Pocket Query (return to list)

Thanks! Your query has been generated. You can preview the search on the nearest cache page.

and I get this for output when I click on the link to view:

Running Pocket Query:

Sorry, no results were found for this search.

Any ideas?

Canuq

Edited by Canuq

Yup . . . you are probably selecting too many options. :D

This is how I set up one section of the form.

2e19e8d7-5e21-4326-8cef-6327c29f2302.jpg

After you set up the PQ, make sure you Preview it before choosing a day for it to run. If you get the results you want in the Preview, then you can choose a day for it to run.

Yup . . . you are probably selecting too many options. :D

This is how I set up one section of the form.

2e19e8d7-5e21-4326-8cef-6327c29f2302.jpg

After you set up the PQ, make sure you Preview it before choosing a day for it to run. If you get the results you want in the Preview, then you can choose a day for it to run.

Those are the same options I use. Previewing is a great idea because it lets you adjust your PQ centerpoint if you preview it using the Google Maps option. :huh:

If you choose the wrong parameters you can have problems. For instance if you choose caches "I don't own" and "I own" or "is active" and "is not active" you won't get both, you'll get neither. You have to remember that it is an AND statement.

For example "I haven't found" AND "Is active" will work because one doesn't exclude the other, but "I haven't found" AND "I have found" won't work, because choosing one excludes the other.

Hi and thanks for the advice. Still no luck though...

I have done what was suggested, and am still the getting same error. Now I am just getting annoyed as I have run four simple queries with a nil result. The "Sorry" response is starting to irritate me ...

Here is what I have entered:

- generate: Friday

- Run this query once then delete it

- show me 100 caches

- Selected types: traditional and Virtual

- any container

- "I haven't found" and "is active"

- terrain/difficulty - default

- province

- My home coordinates

- kms

- between 23 Aug 2000 and today (23 Aug 07)

Just for the heck of it, when it comes to the screen that tells me what queries I have run, if I hit th epreview button I get a map of Seattle , Washinton. Given that is on the other side of the continent the better part of 5000 km away, I think it must be a default setting... Interesting nonetheless...

OK....

After having tried everything else, I just plugged in coordinates and it worked that way (after initially coming back and telling me I was missing the coordinates I had just input and highlighting it in red....

Don't know why the heck it is only working that way, but it is working. My fingers can now rest peacefully knowing that all they have to do is pound away on a keyboard and not type in 30 characters on my GPSMap 76...

Thanks all.

Cheers, B.

I use the zip code for the area I want. This is because I travel all the time for business and I know the zip code from my motel reservations.

One thing to keep in mind is that even though you have entered a zip code if you did not check the zip code button it will ignore your entry. I know this from personal experience. I assumed just filling in the information would be sufficient.

:)

I found that it does NOT work if I use my home coordinates, but it DOES work if I just use my zip code. I thought that was strange, but I was happy to finally get the query! Hope this helps some.

Best of luck!

~erica

Yup . . . that is an anomoly some people have discovered. :tongue: I have set up PQs by "Date Placed" to get all the caches within 60 miles of a somewhat-central location for this area. It took six to get them all . . . :D

I also set up some PQs based on the GC code of widely-spaced caches around the area so I'll can get the most up-to-date info before loading my GPSr and my Palm and heading off in that direction.m :unsure:

I find using the Zip Code centers the search too far from my house.

Instead, I looked at my neighborhood in Googlemaps and found the closest geocache. I then used that waypoint name in the FROM ORIGIN box. Puts it within a block of my house!

You'd think that more would do that, wouldn't you? :tongue::unsure::huh:

It's a lot quicker than entering coords... :D Edited by TrailGators