India Geocaching!

camzotter

I am going to India on October 14-27 2007.

Does anyone know if there are any reliable caches around my route?

Delhi - Agra - Fatehpur Sikri - Udaipur - Jodhpur - Jaipur - Delhi

There should be way more caches in India.

camzotter

I agree camzotter. I go to Mumbai regularly and there are only 3 caches within 200 miles of this biggest city in the world. Way to few caches. I am considering establishing one in the heart of the land of muggels. The key will be making it muggel-proof. How?

RottenWood

camzotter

I agree camzotter. I go to Mumbai regularly and there are only 3 caches within 200 miles of this biggest city in the world. Way to few caches. I am considering establishing one in the heart of the land of muggels. The key will be making it muggel-proof. How?

RottenWood

I agree, I am currently in Mumbai and there is very little here. I only saw one via a search through the online maps - on Elefanta Island. I will to get there during this 3 week stay I have here. I was considering setting up some caches, but wondered about the local laws as well as the immense number of possible muggles. Have you had any ideas how to muggle proof a cache? :)

camzotter

RottenWood

I agree, I am currently in Mumbai and there is very little here. I only saw one via a search through the online maps - on Elefanta Island. I will to get there during this 3 week stay I have here. I was considering setting up some caches, but wondered about the local laws as well as the immense number of possible muggles. Have you had any ideas how to muggle proof a cache? ;)

Make an Earth Cache, hard for it to walk off that way.

Edited by coggins

Would anyone living in India be willing to adopt a cache in Delhi (at the India Gate) that my partner and I placed on travels? The mods wouldn't approve it, despite our other 3 India caches being approved, and despite his plans to return there on business. Email me - gdw at numenor dot org - thanks!

camzotter

RottenWood

I agree, I am currently in Mumbai and there is very little here. I only saw one via a search through the online maps - on Elefanta Island. I will to get there during this 3 week stay I have here. I was considering setting up some caches, but wondered about the local laws as well as the immense number of possible muggles. Have you had any ideas how to muggle proof a cache? :unsure:

Hello.

We recently have placed 11 caches in India but to get them published, we have to fin a person who can maintain them. We already have one person so far but he can only maintain 2 of them.The caches have been placed in places such as, Hyderabad, Khamman, Chitrakot Waterfalls, Bubanesvar, Jamshedpur and by Nepal/India border on the track of Easter Himalayas. Can anyone suggest anyone?

Thank YOou :)