Pocket Query

dogear

I created a pcket query and it generated the serch and listed the caches however it didn't send any zip files to my email even though I had it checked and I double check the email address and it's correct. What happened? Any help you off would be greatly appreciated :D

K9_G0-CACH-R

I created a pcket query and it generated the serch and listed the caches however it didn't send any zip files to my email even though I had it checked and I double check the email address and it's correct. What happened? Any help you off would be greatly appreciated :D

K9_G0-CACH-R

Who is your email provider?

We're working on a download from site feature which will help alleviate this issue. The challenge at the moment is finding a server that can store so many files. Once we sort that out we can provide this.

In fact I would say that eventually we will do away with emailing GPX files completely. Instead we'll have APIs that applications can call and download the file for you instead. Plenty of GPX files being emailed are going unused so grabbing them when you need them makes a lot more sense.

We're working on a download from site feature which will help alleviate this issue. The challenge at the moment is finding a server that can store so many files. Once we sort that out we can provide this.

In fact I would say that eventually we will do away with emailing GPX files completely. Instead we'll have APIs that applications can call and download the file for you instead. Plenty of GPX files being emailed are going unused so grabbing them when you need them makes a lot more sense.

That does make a lot more sense. What would be cool is if you could set your parameters, view a map of the results; shift the map around to center it correctly and then download it. :D
My PQ's ran like a charm, until today. Now it's more than 24hours since last run.

Submitted my finds query, and strange enough that ran. But no eMail.

Hope you get it straigthened out, soon. :huh:

All went smootly yesterday. And I have changed nothing.

I think a lot of it has to do with your email server. I use gmail and I always get my PQs right away.

Good news. The PQ's ran. Very delayed, but they finally ran. And I also received eMail on one of my caches found tonight. So the mail seems to be ok.

Probably there is a queue to be processed somewhere. Never had any issues with my ISP. I get all the spam anybody provides. No restrictions there.

The PQ's will show up in my mail sooner or later I presume.

I'm seeing quite a delay from my normal pocket query run times as well. I have three queries that run every Monday and Thursday, and I usually receive the results shortly before 8:30 AM ET. Monday of this week was fine, but none of the queries has run yet today. Is anyone else seeing the same delay?

Also, it seems that the sending email address for PQs has changed from contact@geocaching.com to noreply@Groundspeak.com.

Same problem here :)

Last night I checked the Thursday (and Friday) boxes for a PQ to run that isn't new, but that has a "Last Generated" date of "Never". It hasn't run, and neither has the other one that I edited and hadn't been used in over 10 days.

My regular, weekly PQ ran at 8:14pm yesterday. Much later than usual.

Yep, they be slow. I run all my queries once per week. Thursday's set arrived in the afternoon and none of Friday's have shown up yet. And I'm heading out on a roadtrip where a primary goal is finding 50 of the caches contained in... you guessed it... Friday's queries.

I will try copying the missing ones and running them as brand new. EDIT: Normally such brand new copies run instantly. Not so, today.

Edited by The Leprechauns

Yep, they be slow. I run all my queries once per week. Thursday's set arrived in the afternoon and none of Friday's have shown up yet. And I'm heading out on a roadtrip where a primary goal is finding 50 of the caches contained in... you guessed it... Friday's queries.

I will try copying the missing ones and running them as brand new. EDIT: Normally such brand new copies run instantly. Not so, today.

Yep, all of my Thursday PQ's ran but none of my Friday PQ's. Time to wake up the hampsters, me thinks. :)

I have the same problem with the pocket queries. I tried everything. Finally I deleted all queries and created new ones. Nothing happened. It still says these queries were never generated. So the weekend is here but I have no waypoints on my GPS :) Hopefully gc.com fixes this bug asap. Thanks.

I created a pcket query and it generated the serch and listed the caches however it didn't send any zip files to my email even though I had it checked and I double check the email address and it's correct. What happened? Any help you off would be greatly appreciated :)

K9_G0-CACH-R

kwver here. We are having the same problem with not receiving our quarries. We use Outlook Express and all other e-mails are coming in...Nothing generated is showing up on our quarry site. We can look at the quarry results but have nothing to download from e-mail

I too had problems, no queries ran yesterday nor this morning. I tried various emails, various queries, NADA. I sent a request to Groundspeak, and no sooner had that went in, (Actually within 15 minutes), I FINALLY received ALL my queries. COINCIDENCE?

I will just throw in my two cents. My PQs were working yesterday, but they are either not working today or are extremely delayed. They usually run instantly, but I can't get any to run now. Obviously something is up with all the replies here.

Yea, Friday queries just arrived!

Since I don't "Schedule" any of my PQs, I request them as needed from the PQ page which is always open in my browser, I have not experienced the "delay" being reported in this thread. I think it might be the "Scheduling" that is part of the problem.

No, even people who created new PQs weren't getting them. All is well now though (as of 9 AM PST or so this morning).

--Marky

:) My Thursday PQs indicate they were generated but never arrived (dang, just as I was trying to shore up my PQs for missing areas), not my ISP as todays PQs did come in. They were scheduled, but after I noticed a hole from reduced radius, I wanted to move my centers to get the local area I usually cache, I turned them all off, then checked them back which is when I discovered the "My Finds" count as part of your 5 if you get your "My Finds", then 4 and try to check one more. An application to call and then d/l would work as long as there is no delay from the request to generation of the GPX file.

:) My Thursday PQs indicate they were generated but never arrived (dang, just as I was trying to shore up my PQs for missing areas), not my ISP as todays PQs did come in. They were scheduled, but after I noticed a hole from reduced radius, I wanted to move my centers to get the local area I usually cache, I turned them all off, then checked them back which is when I discovered the "My Finds" count as part of your 5 if you get your "My Finds", then 4 and try to check one more. An application to call and then d/l would work as long as there is no delay from the request to generation of the GPX file.

Some times you have to wait a day and everything is okay

Since I don't "Schedule" any of my PQs, I request them as needed from the PQ page which is always open in my browser, I have not experienced the "delay" being reported in this thread. I think it might be the "Scheduling" that is part of the problem.
I think in general this is true. I only run them when I need them so I never experience many issues at all.

i actually have had and still have problems with pocket queries on occasion. most of the time they come right to me, but other times they cant take from 5 to 15 minutes to actually run. I just always knock it off as the server is busy or a million people are in line before me on the que.

i actually have had and still have problems with pocket queries on occasion. most of the time they come right to me, but other times they cant take from 5 to 15 minutes to actually run. I just always knock it off as the server is busy or a million people are in line before me on the que.

Yeah, about 30 minutes ago I told it to run a pocket query and nothing is happening. Not gonna lie, this is really frustrating.

I have been trying since Saturday to get new queries but have not gotten any. Also added the "My Finds" to the que and it as well as the others show to have run. I have tried using different email providers with no luck.

I have experienced delayed queries in the past, but now I am getting nothing.