Found this coin today but not clear if it's legit or not

TopangaHiker

Like I said, I came across this in GC11YF9. It doesn't appear to be logged. It has a number on it. The number is suspiciously low. It's a poker chip covered on both sides with what you see here. I smudged out the number in the photo.

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0012-1.jpg

I am new to the game but I'm a fairly clever fellow. I'm not complaining but the system seems kinda complicated when I try to search by the number on the Gcoin. Also, I don't see in the cache log that it was logged as left there.

Looks like someone sent out a copy of their coin instead of the real one. You might want to contact the owner to see if thats what they did.

OK, but that's the thing. I can't figure out who the owner is.

That's a poker chip? They did a mighty fine job. :D Wow, I mean that really is good for a poker chip turned coin. If it has a tracking number log it as usual. But, wow, I'd like to know who made that.

It's an OK job. The paper is easily peeling off the poker chip.

Besides, how do you log a find if you can't find an entry for it in the first place?

When you go to CACHING AROUND AMERICA there's five pages of stuff but I don't see where you plug in the number that's on the coin.

Edited by TopangaHiker

A trackable geocoin that looks like the photo does in fact exist

It has a unique icon

The one that I have seen has a "PC" prefixed tracking code

My guess is that the person who made the images to glue onto the poker chip also modified the tracking code in the process

The unanswered question would be - "Why ?"

A trackable geocoin that looks like the photo does in fact exist

It has a unique icon

The one that I have seen has a "PC" prefixed tracking code

My guess is that the person who made the images to glue onto the poker chip also modified the tracking code in the process

The unanswered question would be - "Why ?"

Yes, I saw that a Gcoin of this design does indeed exist.

But the number on this is 00x.

It must just be a trade piece. I'll just keep it.

It's an OK job. The paper is easily peeling off the poker chip.

Besides, how do you log a find if you can't find an entry for it in the first place?

When you go to CACHING AROUND AMERICA there's five pages of stuff but I don't see where you plug in the number that's on the coin.

What a thrill that someone took the time to mirror my coin creation. :huh: I was happy with the coin, but little would I have thought that someone would have identically copied it for swag. I have the real coin for sale is the creator of this copy is interested. :(