Minnesota Flooding!

js10176

To all who have caches stashed in the South East part of MN, You May want to check on the status of your caches, due to the tremendous ammount of rainfall that has sent many rivers over thier banks. Major flooding has moved houses, and destroyed railroad tracks, so caches may not stand a chance.

I found an article in the Toledo Blade about Riley Creek overflowing making about 40 people evactuate, my ammo can was about 50 feet away from the creek. As soon as traffic is allowed into Bluffton, Ohio I'll head up and check on mine too. I think I'm going to buy some chain and a padlock and secure it to a tree. Thanks for the reminder.

I have caches near creeks and rivers here in SouthEastern Minnesota, but I'm a little too busy cleaning out my house and helping my neighbors who have lost EVERYTHING to worry about caches. They can stand to be a DNF for awhile.

My internet came back on yesterday (I'm still without sewage or water [it's been more than a week]) and I'm perusing my 400+ emails and responding to all my friends inquiring about me and decided to quickly browse through the forum digests I get when I saw this.

Yes, caches may have been displaced, but so have some CACHERS!

stickerooni

(of the city of Rushford, MN - 90% gone by flood)