Morpho Butterfly {Hinged Wings}

AtwellFamily

Ok finally found an internet connection, all be it it cost me &15(pounds) can't find the right symbol for UK currency sorry. That is over $30 for you yanks.

Anyway, to update. I shipped all the US coins on Monday Nov 5 and the international except for UK on Tuesday. The UK ones are shipping tomorrow. From Rochester area.

I am glab everyone is enjoying these so much. With almost 8 months of work and I glad they turned out as well as they did.

I just got my butterflies today. They are really beautiful. I love how each of the butterflies were folded, so when you took them out of their sleeves, it was like unwrapping a gift. . .almost like two butterflies in one.

Great job, Mike! Thank you!

BTW, if anyone has a pink that they would like to trade for a blue, let me know.

Just got four gorgeous butterflys in the mail today!!! :rolleyes:

Rockin Roddy, are you still interested in a trade? I'm thinking perhaps the translucent or perhaps the GID, your nickel for my BN. Let me know what you think. :o

CF30

Sorry for not replying, forgot all about this I suppose!

Sure, we could trade the GID if you'd like (if you already haven't). Let me know!!

Did I mention these are BEAUTIFUL? WOW!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Was the XLE I won in the envelope?

I'm guessing not since i haven't received any butterfly's yet either. -_-

these coins turned out very nice, i cant wait to get mine!!

Those were two I didn't get shipped. Sorry. Will be home tomorrow and try to get caught up.

No rush on this end Mike. I was trying to sort out which was which and still don't have it figured out but getting there. :anicute: They are all gorgeous. Take your time. And thanks. :lol:

I received some flutterbys yesterday and i must say that whilst they have a nice look to them (gloss and glitter), the hinge quality is something that needs further refinement in the future. Each of my hinges operate differently from being stiff to open at a certain position, to the other extreme.....loose and flexing in the vertical plain. :ph34r:

There is obviously issues with producing a nicely working hinge with a thin geocoin and limiting costs (to some extent).

The other (minor) problem is that it is very hard to see the tracking number and/or "track at geocaching.com" writing in some cases.......the process to imprint the number needs a kick in the right place to adjust the pressure. :lol:

I'll keep them thanks, however i thought you should know the truth about them. :ph34r: One will be given to a friend as a gift, and others should have their wings flapping into various caches in the next couple of days with any luck. :ph34r:

mm

I received some flutterbys yesterday and i must say that whilst they have a nice look to them (gloss and glitter), the hinge quality is something that needs further refinement in the future. Each of my hinges operate differently from being stiff to open at a certain position, to the other extreme.....loose and flexing in the vertical plain. :ph34r:

There is obviously issues with producing a nicely working hinge with a thin geocoin and limiting costs (to some extent).

I asked for a hinge, not a low cost hinge. These very because each butterfly had to be assembled by hand, so over 1000 coins you are going to get some differences. I am glad to replace any you are not happy with, just drop me an email

The other (minor) problem is that it is very hard to see the tracking number and/or "track at geocaching.com" writing in some cases.......the process to imprint the number needs a kick in the right place to adjust the pressure. :ph34r:

I choose the tracking info and numbers to be small. I didn't want to take away from the design of the butterfly, would have added to edge of coin but the shape of the coin and thinness of the edge do not lend it self to that process.

I'll keep them thanks, however i thought you should know the truth about them. :lol: One will be given to a friend as a gift, and others should have their wings flapping into various caches in the next couple of days with any luck. :ph34r:

mm

Just so we all know the truth (as you put it). The first samples were backwards the butterfly closed wrong. They also didn't open flat or close completely. So I had to have the mint fix those issues before I would sell these. Short cuts were not taken. The process with the mint started in May, so this might be the longest it has taken top produce a geocoin, not sure but diffinately the longest by months for me.

If you or anyone has any that they are not satisfied with I will replace or refund just let me know.

As most of you know I don't settle for inferior product, which in the past year has cuased me to have one coin maker produce an extra 900 dreamcatchers to fix an issue, (they then choose not to continue business with me, to picky of customer was pretty much the reason). I then found a mint and they produced some samples for my Climbing and Caching coin. I was not happy with the resault and walked away from that mint out the mold fees. So I am not one to settle and/or produce a product I won't stand behind, so again if anyone has an issue please contact me.

P.S. For those on the wait list I am slowly going through it and should get to most by the end of the week. I am still selling the last few at teh regular price not the eBay going price. No others will be added to the wait list.

Thanks for your orders.

Mike

I received some flutterbys yesterday and i must say that whilst they have a nice look to them (gloss and glitter), the hinge quality is something that needs further refinement in the future. Each of my hinges operate differently from being stiff to open at a certain position, to the other extreme.....loose and flexing in the vertical plain. :D

I asked for a hinge, not a low cost hinge. These very because each butterfly had to be assembled by hand, so over 1000 coins you are going to get some differences. I am glad to replace any you are not happy with, just drop me an email

The other (minor) problem is that it is very hard to see the tracking number and/or "track at geocaching.com" writing in some cases.......the process to imprint the number needs a kick in the right place to adjust the pressure. :ph34r:

I choose the tracking info and numbers to be small. I didn't want to take away from the design of the butterfly, would have added to edge of coin but the shape of the coin and thinness of the edge do not lend it self to that process.

I'll keep them thanks, however i thought you should know the truth about them. :ph34r: One will be given to a friend as a gift, and others should have their wings flapping into various caches in the next couple of days with any luck. :lol:

mm

Just so we all know the truth (as you put it). The first samples were backwards the butterfly closed wrong. They also didn't open flat or close completely. So I had to have the mint fix those issues before I would sell these. Short cuts were not taken. The process with the mint started in May, so this might be the longest it has taken top produce a geocoin, not sure but diffinately the longest by months for me.

If you or anyone has any that they are not satisfied with I will replace or refund just let me know.

As most of you know I don't settle for inferior product, which in the past year has cuased me to have one coin maker produce an extra 900 dreamcatchers to fix an issue, (they then choose not to continue business with me, to picky of customer was pretty much the reason). I then found a mint and they produced some samples for my Climbing and Caching coin. I was not happy with the resault and walked away from that mint out the mold fees. So I am not one to settle and/or produce a product I won't stand behind, so again if anyone has an issue please contact me.

P.S. For those on the wait list I am slowly going through it and should get to most by the end of the week. I am still selling the last few at teh regular price not the eBay going price. No others will be added to the wait list.

Thanks for your orders.

Mike

Mike,

These coins are lovely. You did a fantastic job. My hinges had different flexibilities too, but I figured if I had only bought one, I wouldn't have known the difference! :ph34r:

I've very pleased with mine. The hinges on the butterflies work better for me than the ones on the laptop coin. They lay flat and don't open further than they are supposed to. Since I don't plan on activating any of my coins, I don't have a problem with the smaller tracking #. I'm also glad that you chose the thickeness (or thiness) of the coin the way you did. I think it makes them seem more butterfly like. My only problem is trying to decide which flavor I like best out of the 4 I own :ph34r:

Thanks Mike for doing a wonderful job on these coins!

As most of you know I don't settle for inferior product, which in the past year has cuased me to have one coin maker produce an extra 900 dreamcatchers to fix an issue, (they then choose not to continue business with me, to picky of customer was pretty much the reason). I then found a mint and they produced some samples for my Climbing and Caching coin. I was not happy with the resault and walked away from that mint out the mold fees. So I am not one to settle and/or produce a product I won't stand behind, so again if anyone has an issue please contact me.[/color]

Thanks for your orders.

Mike

Thanks for the kind offer to replace any......i'm not wanting to exchange them, otherwise i would have replied privately by email. :) I'm just happy that they arrived quickly to Australia, thanks. :)

I'm just providing some customer feedback for consideration....some of these very minor blemishes on such a nice coin may not be seen with proofs etc. I now realise that a manual labour process may produce inconsistancies in the run and should be expected.

Thanks for the geocoins and the great communications throughout the process. 2thumbsup.gif

mm

I just got my Pink Glitter Morpho in the mail today. YIPPEE! It's as beautiful as the other 3. My hinges are all different, too, but they all work. I love them and I am so glad I didn't miss these beauties.

Thanks, Mike. I always appreciate your talent, hard work, and attention to detail. Also, thanks for adding me to the list to get the Pink Morpho! ;)

They all arrived safe today. The hinges turned out better than the samples and I am very excited by the quality of the product. Here is a picture of the XLE front and back.

morpho_xle_b.jpg

morpho_xle_f.jpg

The pictuer are not as good as the real thing. Taken at 6:00pm with minimal outside light and didn't try to clean the image up at all.

Oh, by the way...I only minted 65 of the Regular Editiion so those ended up being a limited quantity. Nice buy for those who got them.

I should be able to ship these all by Monday. I am taking the day off before my trip to the UK.

Might mail the UK shipments from Edinburgh or Rochester while I am there. Should be quicker, less expensive and less paperwork.

Does anyone have one of these that would be willing to trade? Hey a girl can ask... :P

They all arrived safe today. The hinges turned out better than the samples and I am very excited by the quality of the product. Here is a picture of the XLE front and back.

morpho_xle_b.jpg

morpho_xle_f.jpg

The pictuer are not as good as the real thing. Taken at 6:00pm with minimal outside light and didn't try to clean the image up at all.

Oh, by the way...I only minted 65 of the Regular Editiion so those ended up being a limited quantity. Nice buy for those who got them.

I should be able to ship these all by Monday. I am taking the day off before my trip to the UK.

Might mail the UK shipments from Edinburgh or Rochester while I am there. Should be quicker, less expensive and less paperwork.

Does anyone have one of these that would be willing to trade? Hey a girl can ask... :P

There were only 20 of those made. I still have about half. Make me an offer I con't refuse. :) HTF VHTF or from your will not trade list :D