Morpho Butterfly {Hinged Wings}

AtwellFamily

Sorry maybe just leaving good enough alone for now would be better. :D:laughing:

Mike, just leave it how it is. You know you cannot please everyone and If I can trade for a nickel one, then great. If not, oh well. We all have to make choices in life. ;)

However, an antique copper with translucent or irridescent green.......... :laughing:

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

LE definitely should be LE. The mixed set you speak of looks like a good idea, but I'd have to order another set which I can't afford at this time. :laughing:

I agree with CF30...copper/green...make that a single and I'm in!

CF30...I'd trade one with you, but which one?

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Sorry maybe just leaving good enough alone for now would be better. :D:laughing:

Mike, just leave it how it is. You know you cannot please everyone and If I can trade for a nickel one, then great. If not, oh well. We all have to make choices in life. ;)

However, an antique copper with translucent or irridescent green.......... :laughing:

CF30

You are right. I am leaving good enough alone.

The copper just came to my today...may have to try that at some point. :D

Edited by Atwell Family

Geez Mike, once again you've done a helluva job here! Congrats!

With regards to your above thoughts - no matter what you do some one is going to be mad...

I also had to make a hard choice between BN or N, finally deciding to go with BN. I do want a nickel one, but isn't that what trading is all about? This way the buyer can choose which one of the set to trade. I see alot of extra work in allowing buyers to change orders now.

Also, you could offer more colors in any combination and people would most certainly buy 'em all up (me included!)

But, it looks like I'm just repeating what others are saying.

Still 8 LE pink left.

SE is regular hard enamel blue.

Mr. Sparks I am not sure...2 different order (did you order twicce or did you both order?)

Site working again...made minor chnage last night and missed it at midnight.

Yes, I ordered one set last and and woke up this moring and decided to go for the whole shooting match! Thanks! I replied to your email too. :D Sorry about the confusion.

I really want one of those butterflys that was in the first posting on this thread.

To my understanding, will all of those coins have that front (with the brown/olive/yellowish colors), and we get to decide what colors will be on the underside?

TIA!

Correct the front is the same on all the coins. The back will be different.

I take it that there is no other way to buy a silver single coin? sold only in sets, right?

Yes, that is correct. Might I suggest buying a SE and then trading to one. :huh:

How long will reservations be open? i.e. how long should I allow myself to think it over before ultimately (yeah, ill probably give in) deciding to add a Nickel set to my order?

Looks like the Standard or Regular Edition isn't very popular. This may turn out to be the edition between LE and XLE, jut based on numbers. Right now sitting around 50 reserved.

Not to stimulate sales or anything... :anibad:

BTW: Sales are over 600 now sothe XLE is well below the 5% and the LE is below the 20% standard dicussed in the other thread.

Looks like the Standard or Regular Edition isn't very popular. This may turn out to be the edition between LE and XLE, jut based on numbers. Right now sitting around 50 reserved.

Not to stimulate sales or anything... :anibad:

BTW: Sales are over 600 now sothe XLE is well below the 5% and the LE is below the 20% standard dicussed in the other thread.

That's funny. That's the one I ordered, because it is the most realistic looking butterfly. I don't think real morpho butterflies have pink or blue glitter colors on their back sides :tired: .

Not to stimulate sales or anything... :(

That's funny. That's the one I ordered, because it is the most realistic looking butterfly. I don't think real morpho butterflies have pink or blue glitter colors on their back sides :D .

blue%20morpho%20x%20fallen%20stones%20-627x389.jpg

No pink here but I can see how people couldn't resist.

Not to stimulate sales or anything... :D

I do have a question, why does one look like your avatar and the others are all blue (or pink)? THere was no form field for me to order one like your avatar.

I do have a question, why does one look like your avatar and the others are all blue (or pink)? THere was no form field for me to order one like your avatar.

The avatar is the other side of the coin. The wings look different depending on the way you are looking it it.

This is the front of all the coins. Will be on the outside when the coins close.

morpho.jpg

The colorered side will be on the inside.

morpho-blue.jpg

morpho-pink.jpg

This might help explain better.

http://www.butterflyworld.com/3dmorpho.html

Just a question....how come 2 people so far have said that they got their coins? I thought we were just reserving and they haven't been totally minted yet. Am I missing something? If I sound jealous - it is because I am! I can't wait to get mine!!!!! :D

They ordered theirs...is what they meant.

I only have the samples in hand.

I just got a second batch of samples in They look great. The hinge is the proper way now and they open up nicely.

Mint is still on track to deliver these to my on or about Oct 12th. When I am notifed they have shipped I will be invoicing all those who placed reservations.

I have had at least 1 person cencel already. After I ship out allt he reservations I will be selling the extras on my website AtwellFamily.net.

I just realized that I was not properly subscribed to this thread! I am eagerly awaiting the release into the wild of these fellows.

Is anyone planning on tracking their migration once they hatch? I'd love to see the travel logs for one of these in the field.

I will be setting a few free, as always!

I just received notice that the shipmetn may be delayed because of the XLE enamel taking longer than expected. I asked to have the rest ship ASAP and ship the XLE when they could, I should know more on Monday.

Here is a pic of the XLE. The white and red dots aren't filled but the mixed translucent enamel looks, wel...WOW!!!

2ATF-00004.jpg

I just received notice that the shipmetn may be delayed because of the XLE enamel taking longer than expected. I asked to have the rest ship ASAP and ship the XLE when they could, I should know more on Monday.

Here is a pic of the XLE. The white and red dots aren't filled but the mixed translucent enamel looks, wel...WOW!!!

2ATF-00004.jpg

With the mixed enamel in the XLE it has delayed the shipping by a week. Oct 22nd ship date from mint was confirmed with me today.

Sorry for the delay. Will invoice when I hear that they have shipped.

2ATF-00004.jpg

With the mixed enamel in the XLE it has delayed the shipping by a week. Oct 22nd ship date from mint was confirmed with me today.

Sorry for the delay. Will invoice when I hear that they have shipped.

Oh how pretty! I cannot wait to get mine!

Thanks....Anthus