Garmin 60csx voice question

tmattocks

I am looking for a duel use GPS, for the car and geocaching. My husband just purchased a Garmin 350. It will state "turn right in 2 miles on Smith lane. Does the 60csx go to this detail?

Thanks for your help.

Kentucky_Roots

No, it only as turn warning sounds. so you hear a certain beep for early warning and a different one for Late. I've used both types of gps, and prefer the simple beeps to the sometimes annoying voice prompts.

I am looking for a duel use GPS, for the car and geocaching. My husband just purchased a Garmin 350. It will state "turn right in 2 miles on Smith lane. Does the 60csx go to this detail?

Thanks for your help.

Kentucky_Roots

The 60CSx will only give beeps. You can select from several types of beep for the notifications. You can connect it to a laptop and use nRoute on the laptop. nRoute will give you voice prompts but it will say things like "turn left in 300 feet" rather than "turn left on Sunshine Terrace in 300 feet".

Personally, I found the laptop setup a pain in the neck. I'm quite satisfied with my 76CSx beeping. I have it set to give me a double beep when I get withn a certain distance and then a "trill" sound when the turn is very near.

A friend had mentioned someone he knew (already suspect of this story), uses Delorme on a laptop with a gps in his vehicle. The person was able to modify the voice to include actual audio from television and movies (like Mr. T from the A-Team saying “TURN LEFT FOOL”). Does anyone know if this is possible, or if there is a program which allows custom voices on Delorme?