One Up Me-Let's Get it Going

Hula Bum

Share your pictures and how many you're dropping!

We've spent the past few nights preparing (drilling, activating, tagging) some coins to drop and start their journeys.

In this batch we did 14.

readytotravells2.jpg

(Make sure that when you take your picture you've got the tracking number covered!)

Edited by Hula Bum

Nice... Rgbgal and I did about that many though the majority were mostly unactivated and the cheer we spread was over 6 states.... CA, NV, OR, ID, MT, WA. No pics to prove it, though. Have fun on your trip... or wherever you're taking them to start their journeys.

:laughing: I have been doing a few on my days off, preparing for a trip in a few weeks to UP MI. Just did 13 today, 24 in inventory, 21 waiting in to be( upper pile). Not counting my geotags that will go also.

395e9383-a5ca-485f-af52-be5de6f60144.jpg

a few of these were activated last year for the trip there but never got dropped.

Edited by IBcrashen

What do you guys use to hold your tags on & where do you get them? My next batch, I'm going to use something more substantial than those little chains that come with the tags. They are too easy.

It's airplane cable and crimps that you get at the hardware store. Much tougher to get off. I've found that I have to put an eyelet on the laminated tag to keep the cable from pulling through the edge.

I always keep 5-10 activared coins in my caching bag to drop in caches as size and area permit. As I release them, I activate more. (It is helpful to me not have too many in my inventory at a time.) I currently have 7 ready to go that I hope to drop on an upcoming vacation.

I use a mix of airplane cables and bead chains to attach missions or TB companions.

I have 255 activated now; 129 have been released already and I am getting 126 ready to go now. I will have to do pictures tomorrow, my camera batteries are completely dead. One of the coolest things is that I recently got the very first geocoin I ever released back. Someone that I know picked it up at MWGB, recognised that it was mine and gave it back to me. Now I am going to drill a hole in it and attach a tag- even though it has obviously been traveling fine until this point.

We don't have any photos as we drop ours one, (or a few) at a time. Our first coin drop dates back to November 2005, latest drops were Saturday, (August 18th 2007).

Coins only:

Dropped - 95 (64 actively traveling, 31 missing)

In the swag bag, ready to drop - 15

Other than a couple Hogwild Travelers, these are all different coins, as we don't have our own yet.

We don't drill holes, so our missing rate is probably higher than most. Yeah, we know, we know, just can't bring ourselves to do it.

coinswagtx7.jpg

Edited by C A Royal Flush

We are leaving the Sept. 16. Copper Harbor, Munising, Newberry areas. Now if I can only find that many caches. Darn girlfriend keeps slowing me down. :D

We will be in the Paradise/Newberry area this weekend.... a total of 19 geocoins and geotags ready to drop. 8 activated geocoins, 3 activated geotags, 4 unactivated geocoins, 4 unactivated geotags. I leave the unactivated with a note to please trade fairly then sit back and watch the logs to see how people trade. Some are very careful to trade fairly, I have had some groan and put the coin back because they had nothing to trade and have had my coin traded for a small plastic dinosaur...its always interesting!

Ok pictures! There are more that 126 coins pictured here. There a a few that I have gotten back after they where released and I am going to drill holes in them and re-release them, so I figure those don't really count. Two special ones are in the upper left corner. The USA was my first geocoin ever released and the Serenity was one that was held by a cacher for 9 months before he was finally convinced to release it. Other special ones in that general area are the ones I obtained at MWGB and a couple above that I obtained from Centis at her event. The round one with the bear on it has been activated by Centis, but I had the choice of keeping or releasing it. They are all getting holes, tags and being placed in caches. There are some pretty cool ones, but I don't want to start keeping any or I will have a collection before I know it! If you want to get a closer look you can click on the smaller pics. Look for these soon in a cache near you. :D

IMG_1927.jpg

Group picture

Click on these if you want a closer look:

th_IMG_1931.jpg

th_IMG_1930.jpg

th_IMG_1929.jpg

th_IMG_1928.jpg

Edited by WI_Robin

Very nice everyone! I'm only adding ones to the count that are going out after I started this thread, just as a reference point. It's so cool to see how many are being released. The pictures are inspiring!

Only add 52 for us then. That's how many I'm sending out right now.

I am pretty sure that everything in the picture is trackable. I do have a couple of non-trackables that I am going to add TB tags to as well, but they are not in the count or the picture as far as I know. Not saying that I couldn't have missed a non-trackable, but I usually set those aside and I have a friend who collects and he usually in interested in trading me a trackable for a non-trackable.

LOL, my bad, 2 of the coins u have in there were sitting right in front of me and I was gonna release them and thought I needed bugs for them, flipped them over and hey, whatdya know, they're trackable (you can tell I don't activate huh!?) Looking fwd to seeing pix of them all tagged too!

This thread got me to go through my stash of coins again and I have 22 that I am activating today. Will be dropping during th enext month or so. Trying to get to 365 caches this year. Need to do 60 in the next 30 days.

I also have a box of non-trackable Dreamcatcher (we all remember I had 400 because of minting error). I have a box for 40 ready to drop at any time...just as swag.

Wow just noticed 40 + 22 = 62. That would be about 1 per cache for my goal of 60 in the next month. I'll let you nkow how it goes.

This thread got me to go through my stash of coins again and I have 22 that I am activating today. Will be dropping during th enext month or so. Trying to get to 365 caches this year. Need to do 60 in the next 30 days.

I also have a box of non-trackable Dreamcatcher (we all remember I had 400 because of minting error). I have a box for 40 ready to drop at any time...just as swag.

Wow just noticed 40 + 22 = 62. That would be about 1 per cache for my goal of 60 in the next month. I'll let you nkow how it goes.

Very cool, glad it spurred something for you.

Hmmm....Lets see, Since Thursday Ive activated and dropped 4 Coins, Gifted 2 at an event and dropped 3 Chat coins. Id say in the last month I have Activated and dropped 10-12 coins and have activated about 10-12 more special coins for "Discovery only"

My latest fun ones to release were my Nuttin Better (PeeBee) and My Forest Preserves (AnJay), they travel together and together on the the inventory screen if you log em right they show up as

*PeeBee

*Anjay :)

Just cant seem to place a cache without droppin a freshy or 2! B) ...Boy some of you guys do some real coin drops!!! I saw Markys Basket 'O' coins at Geocoinfest and it doesnt look like its changed much! :)

On behalf of GAS (GeocachingAlbertaSouth) I donated 50 (fifty) new unactivated Medicine Hat, Albertosaurus geocoins to the GeocoinFest Multi Event (Alberta).

People coming to the event are going to have a very good chance of getting a geocoin!!

There, I one upped you. :D

Great idea Hula Bum.

I can't afford to even buy the wire let alone coins to release! I would like to, but not right now. On a side note, there are still plenty of our Cachestalkers coins available at CH Quality if anyone is looking for a cheap travel coin. Price is great too!

If those were mine to do with as I pleased, I'd release about 80% and keep the rest as swag, but they aren't mine (unless they don't sell, then I'll need to buy them).

OK, sorry to hijack this thread, back to your regular programming!!