Set 'n' forget?

Delta68

A month has passed now since the last lot of flooding so why there still so many caches set next to rivers/streams that have not been disabled or even checked on?

:)

We had yet another fruitless trip yesterday and it's getting tiresome :)

Well I suppose its probably because the owners havent had the time to check it out. Remember its the school holidays and some are away or just too busy. These are just excusesthough, and the proper thing to do is to check periodically. Any sensible owner would check their cache if it was placed anywhere near a river or stream. But of course, there are exceptions to every rule.

A month has passed now since the last lot of flooding so why there still so many caches set next to rivers/streams that have not been disabled or even checked on?

:)

We had yet another fruitless trip yesterday and it's getting tiresome :)

Its possible that they have found a cacher whos prepared to go out and check their caches for them so they don't need to bother. :)

:rolleyes:

We had yet another fruitless trip yesterday and it's getting tiresome <_<

Although this is probably aimed at cachers in general I can understand what may have happened based on my own experiences.

3 of mine needed to be replaced due to the flooding. I doubt if less excessive flooding would have affected them. I wouldn't choose locations that I thought were at risk.

If other cache setters were in the same situatiuon as me it possibly didn't occur to them that their caches had been washed away! Indeed, at the time, we were more concerned in helping friends deal with flood damage.

I didn't find out about the disappearance of mine until returning from my hols and so there was a delay in disabling then replacing them.