Best Caches in Alberta (Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge & Thereabouts)

forrestc

I'm currently planning a trip from my home in Montana to Edmonton next month and was doing the "scroll around with google maps and see what caches are there" and was amazed at the cache density of Edmonton and Calgary, and a lot of Alberta in general.

With this density, selecting some "must sees" is going to be not as easy as I had hoped - since I only have a few hundred to look through. I'm hoping that some of my "Friends up north" can point me towards their favorites.

My plans are to travel mostly up the road from Coutts to Edmonton either coming or going, perhaps stopping a couple of nights along the way. Vulcan is on the itinerary as well, but I'm not sure which direction or when. (The caches in vulcan look fun to solve at least - and I'm at least somewhat a trek fan). I generally will try to take a different path in both directions to see a bit more territory (no reason to travel the same road twice). I'm also thinking about doing the Calgary-Banff-Jasper-Edmonton loop, but I don't know if I'll have time. This will be a slow, take your time and see the sights type of holiday that I enjoy so I'm still trying to figure out which sights to see. Probably won't end up in BC or SK - or at least that far into either one. I also don't expect to end up much further north than Edmonton - although Fort McMurray looks interesting, but 5-6 hours both ways just isn't in the picture.

So, I'd love to hear your favorite caches in the Southern half of AB. Must see destinations are welcome as well.

Edited by forrestc