Vista HCX Map screen does not update.

Are you zoomed out to far? If so, it may be updating but the scale is so small that it isn't noticeable.

Go to the satellite page and see if the coordinates are changing while you are walking...or trip page and see if moving time is ticking off while you are walking.

That being said, I have seen that happen on a Legend CX. Usually a power off/on fixes it. Of if you leave it on it will fix itself. I have seen the problem ONLY WHEN I AM NAVIGATING A ROUTE. And only a couple of times.

The map screen does not refresh for long periods of time while I am walking. ANything tat can be done? Is this unique?

I have had the same problem since I updated firmware 2.3 on my Legend HCx.

And I can't load firmware back to 2.2, :blink: I think we have to wait for

firmware 2.4 expect to be released soon.

The map screen does not refresh for long periods of time while I am walking. ANything tat can be done? Is this unique?

I have had the same problem since I updated firmware 2.3 on my Legend HCx.

And I can't load firmware back to 2.2, :blink: I think we have to wait for

firmware 2.4 expect to be released soon.

Just a thought. Are you hiking near a road and have lock on road turned on?? I have seen this effect my 60cx. I have lock on road turn on and start to walk and it never moves. As soon as I turn this off it is fixed. Worth a shot.

My old 60CSx did something similar. I'm sure I posted in another thread about that bug, as did other people.

It seems to happen when I get out of my car while autorouting to a geocache.

I'm suspicious it may have to do with the "switch to compass heading when below a certain speed" feature. Not sure though.

Hitting "stop navigation" and disabling the compass don't seem to help.

I used my Vista HCx for the first time yesterday and did not notice this behavior. Most of the time while getting to a cache, I was navigating "Off Road." You didn't accidentally hit the clickstick to get the map navigation arrow on that screen, did you? That will keep the map from updating.

I used my Vista HCx for the first time yesterday and did not notice this behavior. Most of the time while getting to a cache, I was navigating "Off Road." You didn't accidentally hit the clickstick to get the map navigation arrow on that screen, did you? That will keep the map from updating.
Did you notice this in "Offroad" mode? Does it act differently than your old GPS?