Garmin GPSmap60 csx

I have the Garmin GPS map60csx and have noticed that there is a feature on it that allows me to select "found" and then "find next". When you select "found", it records it in the calendar. At best I have only been able to make this work some of the time. Does anybody know how to make this work all the time? I have read the manual and nothing in it talk about this. When it is active , I see it on the compass screen. There is a button on the bottom left corner that says "Found". When you select it you then get the option of finding the next one.

Can anyone help me with this please?

It is getting late so I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Edited by The Ditch Doctor

I have the Garmin GPS map60csx and have noticed that there is a feature on it that allows me to select "found" and then "find next". When you select "found", it records it in the calendar. At best I have only been able to make this work some of the time. Does anybody know how to make this work all the time? I have read the manual and nothing in it talk about this. When it is active , I see it on the compass screen. There is a button on the bottom left corner that says "Found". When you select it you then get the option of finding the next one.

Can anyone help me with this please?

It is getting late so I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

To use the geocaching function (which is what you've described above), you need to select "Off Road" as the routing method. If you select "Follow Road," the unit will perform as if you're going for a non-geocaching waypoint.

If you've set the unit to always use the "Follow Road" method, you'll need to change this to either "Prompted" or "Off Road" to use the Geocaching mode.

--Larry

I noticed some disrepancies as well as I was using this feature - sometimes seeing the option to select "Found" and sometimes the option not being there. It seems to be related to the Symbol you select to represent waypoint. If you don't select a 'geocaching' symbol for the waypoint (the closed treasurebox = Geocache), then the 'found' versus 'not found' attribute is not available.

d.b