NEW User Name: RV'n Iowans

Dick from IA

Since joining on Aug 2, 07 I've used the name Dick from IA, one I've had at numerous metal detecting forums. Yes, I'm a metal detectorist; Yes, I ask for permission, and Yes, I dig neat holes and cover them properly. Lots of people have disdain for detectorists, which is too bad; most of us are well behaved and respect the properties we detect, and we clean up lots of trash, too :)

We have decided to adopt a User Name more fitting our lifestyle, which is RVing and now Geocaching. My wife, Pat, hasn't been too involved in my metal detecting, but she does like the Geocaching idea, and besides she's the one with computer savvy, and there's a lot of that required here.

Once our account is activated in 24 hours, we'll be posting as RV'n Iowans

BTW, Love this place :)

RV'n Iowans

Dick & Pat

Edited by Dick from IA

Since joining on Aug 2, 07 I've used the name Dick from IA

We have decided to adopt a User Name more fitting our lifestyle, which is RVing and now Geocaching. My wife, Pat, hasn't been too involved in my metal detecting, but she does like the Geocaching idea, and besides she's the one with computer savvy, and there's a lot of that required here.

Once our account is activated in 24 hours, we'll be posting as RV'n Iowans

BTW, Love this place :laughing:

RV'n Iowans

Dick & Pat

OK, we've now logged off for good as Dick from IA

and will be the RV'n Iowans from now on.

Now, next job is to find Cache # 1 :laughing:

Dick and Pat,

Let me be the first to welcome ya'll to Geocaching and Groundspeak. Especially nice ,since Dick is already a friend from the detecting forums. Good luck on Cache No. 1 and welcome to the RV'n Iowans.

Poppoppig

Thanks, poppoppig for the welcome; Cache #1 is really a problem at this time. I've loaded five caches into my GPSr to locate, but the problem is all are either under water or I'd be ankle deep in mud going after them. Have had daily rain totals of 8.5", 1.5" & 5.5" over the past three days. Spent two all nighters at my daughter's home trying to help get water from her basement, and it's still coming in strong.

These storms are remnants of Tropical Storm Erin & are to move out Friday. Then a 3 day reprieve and supposedly the effects of Hurricane Dean will take over where Erin left off. Hard to believe that a month ago the grass "crackled" when walking on it.

Thanks again for the Welcome.

Dick & Pat