DOUBLE THEMED COIN! Combining two favorites...

avroair

With the recent proliferation of Pirate and Dragon related coins to come out Dhenninger and I were thinking it over and we figured we would make a coin called:

Dragon Pirates

The coin would feature a dragon design on one side and a pirate design on the other side. The coin would feature two (yes, count em!) two tracking codes one for each side... we haven't decided what to do with the rim yet since there has been no definiative 'favorite rim'

Would be competatively priced around $10.00 (i hope) :cool:

So, suggestions? What do you think? :cool:

Double yes. Two of my favorite coin themes. Been toying with both of these ideas for coins a while.

Hmmm......two coins in one but related. The pirate is sailing the seven seas to find the dragon who guards the treasure cache. Which would include a ship that is also a popular design. Or the dragon guards the key to the treasure and the pirate has to figure out the code to find the dragon. Encode a caching message on the edge. Oh man, I have puzzles on the brain. :cool:

Great theme. :cool:

Two tracking numbers? That sounds like an un-necessary extra expense. If you want two different icons, design one with two halfs of it, but two tracking numbers? I think that would become really fast very confusing during trackig of these coins.

I like the idea of the two sides though.

I tend to agree that the 2 tracking#s will add unnecessary expense and increases the potential for tracking coinfusion. (just note all the new threads constantly popping up about tracking problems with coins with just one #.) I'd prefer the coin to be less expensive, have a single code and as OshnDoc suggests: a dual-design icon. I really like the concept of dual themes, kinda like TNT's recent dragon/dragonfly.

Lessee... one side: Pirate roasting a really large drumstick on his sword... tailSide: Dragon picking his teeth with the Pirate's sword...

Dragon Pirates:

Large, winged, fire breathing creatures with a wooden leg, an eye patch, and a parrot on one shoulder screeching "Geocoins! Geocoins!"

:cool::cool::cool:

Seriously though, doesnt matter to me what image is on the coin, great idea!

I do agree with the others though that 2 tracking numbers is a waste of money.

If you really have your heart set on having a tracking code on each side as part of a design element, you could always do the same code on both sides. Otherwise, I agree with the majority and say that 2 separate codes would be coinfusing and add unnecessary expense.

Can't wait to see what you come up with! :cool:

Then there's always the pirate/ninja coin (man, my kids have that debate "Who is cooler - a ninja or a pirate?" way too often!)

~ Mother Hen

Same code on both side would make sense.

If there are different codes on different sides, I can see some real schizophrenic logs on one of those coins as it travels from cache to cache!

The key, however, is how long would it take for the two tracking #s to end up in different caches???

And X marks the spot. Like it. Saddle up! Hi-ho Silver!

Oh no we had that idea based around our personal TB who carries a large X to mark the spot when a cache is found. This is taking way longer than anticipated as we are waiting to get our first coin our first before venuring onto the 2nd so we have not eve got started on this yet.

I like the idea of pirates and dragons, with just the one tracking code unless the coin splits and each part can travel separately. Also the pirate riding a dragon carrying a compass - then you'll well and truly have it all sewn up.

Sue

personal TB

So should each side be integrated like a pirate riding a dragon. Or a dragon eating a pirate or should they be separate? :)

How about this:

Design the coin that the dragon is visble on one side and part of the pirate is visible on the same side being a section of the dragon or a part of the place where the dragon currently is and vice versa.

Does that make sense to anyone else but me? Kind of a 3D MC Escher design with dragons and Pirates.

So should each side be integrated like a pirate riding a dragon. Or a dragon eating a pirate or should they be separate? :)

How about this:

Design the coin that the dragon is visble on one side and part of the pirate is visible on the same side being a section of the dragon or a part of the place where the dragon currently is and vice versa.

Does that make sense to anyone else but me? Kind of a 3D MC Escher design with dragons and Pirates.

I like this idea. I envision separate images that "wrap around" so that there is a bit of each on both sides.

So should each side be integrated like a pirate riding a dragon. Or a dragon eating a pirate or should they be separate? :rolleyes:

How about this:

I like this idea. I envision separate images that "wrap around" so that there is a bit of each on both sides.

Not a bad idea. Will have to think on it some more.