what paper maps for canada?

crunchiespg

I have in my hand a 1:50,000 topo map of my area, produced by the Centre for Topographical Information, Natural Resources Canada. I'm pretty sure you can get 1:25000. The blurb at the bottom says that you can call for info concerning the maps at 1-800-465-MAPS (6277). That's a toll-free call once you get over here.

The maps are printed on tyvek, so they are waterproof, and don't easily tear. I don't see a price on this one, but I'm pretty sure they are about $10 each.

I just checked the NRCan website, ant there are only 1:250,000 and 1:50,000 topo maps available. Local offices of the Queen's Printer or other Government bookstores [i.e. gov't of Alberta] might have larger scale maps.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Phil/ve1bvd

Edited by ve1bvd

I have in my hand a 1:50,000 topo map of my area, produced by the Centre for Topographical Information, Natural Resources Canada. I'm pretty sure you can get 1:25000. The blurb at the bottom says that you can call for info concerning the maps at 1-800-465-MAPS (6277). That's a toll-free call once you get over here.

The maps are printed on tyvek, so they are waterproof, and don't easily tear. I don't see a price on this one, but I'm pretty sure they are about $10 each.

I just checked the NRCan website, ant there are only 1:250,000 and 1:50,000 topo maps available. Local offices of the Queen's Printer or other Government bookstores [i.e. gov't of Alberta] might have larger scale maps.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Phil/ve1bvd

thank you.