Cache Page Background Pics

simpjkee

I want to look more closely at the background pic on a certain cache page, but the only way I've found is to hit the view all log entries and then I get about half a second to view the background.

If you're using Windows, you can also: Right click (on the background image) --> View Background Image

Edited by requiscat

I'm confused. If you mean the cache page image that generally just shows around the edges of the cache listing page then I've always found it in the gallery for the cache listing.......... I can't think of a cache listing that had a background image other than that type.

Hmmmmmm........... never mind. I guess that some have it in the gallery and other's don't.

Edited by Thrak

I'm confused. If you mean the cache page image that generally just shows around the edges of the cache listing page then I've always found it in the gallery for the cache listing.......... I can't think of a cache listing that had a background image other than that type.

Hmmmmmm........... never mind. I guess that some have it in the gallery and other's don't.

Umm... But, if you don't want anyone to know that there is a background picture, then you have to hide it somewhere else! Hee hee hee.

If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, and possibly others. You can sometimes do:

View, Text Size, Smallest

or use the mouse wheel to do the same and you can see the background image is it's relatively small and tiled and the cache page is not so big.

You also might have to play with the screen resolution to get it to be as big as the hardware will allow.

I discovered this accidently with my latest, yet to be published, puzzle cache that has a nice satellite photo of an airplane flying almost right over my cache.

It's not in my gallery and it does not show up in the Logged Visits ( 61 total. Visit the Gallery (10 images) )

photos. It's an HTML link, but I think on older cache pages the background does appear in either of those 2 spots. Possibly as a method to not have to have your own web hosting or photo hosting web site and use a link to somewhere on geocaching.com, but possibly it used to be done differently.

Edited by trainlove