City Select North America v6

Just bought City Select North America v6 for $5 at this clearance place. When I try to run setup it gives me this error: Please start this data CD install from the Setup CD. I bought my 60cs used and it didn't include any software disk. Is there any way for me to use this?

Sounds like you didn't get, or haven't found, the setup CD. It is a separate CD in a cardboard sleeve, not the one in the plastic CD case.

You were supposed to get a setup disk with your purchase. It's not one that's specific to your gps, it's the mapquest setup cd. For 5$, if it's missing, that's probably just too bad - you're out 5$, and a little wiser. You might try contacting garmin and see if they'll send you a replacement, or let you download it, but I kind of doubt that's going to work. And there's the possibility that you won't even be able to use it even if you have the setup disk - both the unlock codes for the maps may be used up. Your best bet is to not even bother with this relatively ancient map set and pony up the $ for a newer version.

So all I had to do was explore the iq3600 disk navigate to the Maps folder and hit the setup button from there. Then it asked for the City Select disk and installed. Then I ran the codes and unlocked the maps, and am good to go. $5 for City Select, even if the info is 3 years old still a good deal.

Congratulations! I am using City Select v6 on one unit and City Navigator v8 NT on another. Even though the CS maps are three years old, there still isn't a lot of difference.

Edited by Klatch