My pet LOVE!

Ambrosia

So I headed out for some geocaching today specifically with this topic in mind. Got to the first cache, reached for the camera to take some pictures, and the batteries that I thought I had charged were dead. B)

Too bad, because later on I found a cache near a really interesting quarry. I would have loved to take some pictures. Next time, I'll try to be more prepared when heading out.

Heh, on my last caching run, I was attempting to take some photos for an earthcache I want to submit... had to take the batteries out of the GPSr to power the camera to get the shots...

325 caches to date and over 600 pics in my gallery. I almost always post a couple of pics with every log. I wish more cachers would also use the bookmark list, this way other cachers know which caches are really awesome. Just go to my profile if you want to see pics, you may be there for a while though. LOL

I really enjoy viewing pictures while reading logs and wish more people would upload. I often read that photos were taken but they're never uploaded. I try to upload a lot. Some of my best ones are spoilers so I can't upload those but I'll upload photos of the scenery, historical marker, my cachehound, human companions, interesting flora, or whatever whenever I can.

e1c6eec8-c55a-4110-9d1a-4eea3d0b3365.jpg

5ac14b0c-1103-4d20-af7c-aada2bfc178b.jpg

b0dafad3-d7e7-4719-a8c4-19658141958f.jpg

Okay, I'm not going to post the pictures but thought everyone might enjoy my stupid-caching-moment story. While doing this cache, I spotted a snapping turtle in the nearby lake and spent quite some time taking pictures of it. My caching companions came to see the turtle and said, "I think it's dead." After much discussion and over my protests, they poked it with a hiking stick. Yep, dead. So I have quite a few pictures of a dead turtle! :P

Very pretty lily pond picture, mertat. My daughter's caching name is Water Lily. :P

I've been enjoying all the posts and pictures in this thread, thanks for contributing everybody! B) I haven't been able to respond to everyone, but I wanted to let you know that I read everything and have appreciated it immensely. I'm very glad to hear that people are being encouraged to take more pictures and to post them to their logs. B)

I usually take a picture of the cache in its hiding spot, but can't post those pics. Here are some of the pics that we've taken...

This one about killed me....quarter mile straight up a hill! Ugh...but what a view!

MsTHatcachesite.jpg

Here's Mr Tank Hound and Ozzie (one of the hounds)...Oz refused to cross that bridge...I wonder why! LOL

MrTHandOzzie.jpg

This was at a cache site in Estes Park, CO...it was so neat to see all those elk wander through!

elk.jpg

And lastly (gotta love the self timer on the camera) this is Ms. tank Hound at a cache in Estes Park..I was at a conference and skipped one of the meetings to go caching around the Broadmoor Hotel! Gotta love caching in CROCS (nice climbing shoes!) and dress pants! LOL

MsTankHound.jpg

Edited by Tank Hounds

I've been working on some caches to hide that would require people to take a picture to log the find. Maybe more people will create more caches like that. I will make sure that I have the words photo required or picture required in the title though for those that just download coordinates and go. Here is a pic from a cache we did, not gonna say which one though.a>

Howdy --

I'm brand new to geocaching (found two caches so far, 1 DNF), but I wholeheartedly agree with Ambrosia. I really enjoy taking pictures, especially because what I like about geocaching so much (so far) is the fact that it gets me to find stuff that I probably would have never found, or even bothered to look for, without the incentive of finding a cache.

The pictures in this thread are terrific -- some of them are quite breathtaking. Great pictures of birds & bugs! : ) I also plan to post at least one picture for each cache I find, if only to express how the locations these cachekeepers have found are really interesting! My best picture so far is below (another water lily for your daughter, Ambrosia). Enjoy, and I hope to run across more pictures both here and in the logs.

2aeb4191-1dd1-421f-8b10-7d80ad8d4a28.jpg

Thanks for the thread!

I've been working on some caches to hide that would require people to take a picture to log the find. Maybe more people will create more caches like that. I will make sure that I have the words photo required or picture required in the title though for those that just download coordinates and go. Here is a pic from a cache we did, not gonna say which one though.

That can be fun. With the new update to the listing guidelines, those sorts of caches need to be set as a mystery/puzzle type, specifically so people know there's an extra requirement to logging them. Here in the forums, they're called "ALR" for "Additional Logging Requirement".

Howdy --

I'm brand new to geocaching (found two caches so far, 1 DNF), but I wholeheartedly agree with Ambrosia. I really enjoy taking pictures, especially because what I like about geocaching so much (so far) is the fact that it gets me to find stuff that I probably would have never found, or even bothered to look for, without the incentive of finding a cache.

The pictures in this thread are terrific -- some of them are quite breathtaking. Great pictures of birds & bugs! : ) I also plan to post at least one picture for each cache I find, if only to express how the locations these cachekeepers have found are really interesting! My best picture so far is below (another water lily for your daughter, Ambrosia). Enjoy, and I hope to run across more pictures both here and in the logs.

2aeb4191-1dd1-421f-8b10-7d80ad8d4a28.jpg

Thanks for the thread!

Thanks for the thoughts, and for the water lily picture. <_< It's very pretty, sort of impressionistic, which I like.

I've been working on some caches to hide that would require people to take a picture to log the find. Maybe more people will create more caches like that. I will make sure that I have the words photo required or picture required in the title though for those that just download coordinates and go. Here is a pic from a cache we did, not gonna say which one though.

That can be fun. With the new update to the listing guidelines, those sorts of caches need to be set as a mystery/puzzle type, specifically so people know there's an extra requirement to logging them. Here in the forums, they're called "ALR" for "Additional Logging Requirement".

Thanks I didn't know that, I'll keep that in mind when I put them out.

I'm encouraging people (and myself!) to take more pictures and remember to post them in cache logs!

We need more pictures! :D

This is a spin off from my complaint :D in the "My pet hate" thread.

There aren't enough pictures in cache logs and trackable logs! Course, some caches get a lot, but there's sadly quite a few that get little or none at all. Even caches that you'd think should have pictures (beautiful views, something unusual), can surprise you. I'll look for a gallery and be surprised at the lack of photos.

Even simple caches deserve pictures. Obviously not everyone can or wants to take pictures of every cache they go to, but I wish that there were a higher rate of them. Lately, I've been going out of my way to make sure and take pictures, especially for these lonely caches that don't have any. I'm starting to try my best to take a picture of every tb and coin, as well.

I can't believe how many pictures I've taken and either forgotten or put off uploading them to cache logs. It can take too long or be tedious. But it's really worth it. People appreciate looking at the photos, and it's also great over the years, just as a photo journal for yourself and your family!

Discussions, thoughts, pictures....? Post them here. I searched and couldn't find just a general thread for pictures that people have taken and posted to cache logs over time. Post the name of the cache if you can. :D

There's different kinds that I thought of off the top of my head, even though some of them overlap. Natural things (flowers, plants, insects, animals), views, people, interesting things, unremarkable/normal things.

I'll start out with a few pictures in the unremarkable/normal category (for lack of a better name), just to show the ones that get posted to cache logs the least.

PICT0183-1.jpg

“Do not throw refuse” (My son Kboy)

PICT01962.jpg

“Do not throw refuse” (My son Kboy)

bdd67b26-851a-4b7b-84b4-229c7f6d5621.jpg

"Quilomene Scenic View" (me, logging a cache in the dark...it's really a gorgeous view but you can't tell at night)

ae2f344a-0f68-4820-bafd-985b2fa6300a.jpg

“seulB kraP ssenisuB” (all41 with the cache, near a IKEA store)

DSC00175.jpg

"Merry Christmas Navigatorz!!!" (taken with my cell phone)

DSC00177.jpg

"Merry Christmas Navigatorz!!!" (taken with my cell phone)

PICT00972-1.jpg

(ok, not a cache really, but a cool mother's day multi to take me to my present)

Pics of micros, I'm so excited I can barely contain myself! NOT!

Pics of micros, I'm so excited I can barely contain myself! NOT!

Hi!

The reason that I started this thread is because of so many threads complaining about one thing or another. I thought it would be great to encourage people to stay positive and post some pictures of their caching adventures. I wanted to emphasis even the parts that some people find negative - like micros.

Caching is an adventure...all parts of it. Because it involves someone going out and doing something by themselves or with friends and family that they normally wouldn't be doing. It's a part of our lives, whether it's micros or ammo cans. I think that they all deserve to be documented, especially with pictures!

If you want to complain, you can go to another thread. If you want to post pictures of the caches you like, without saying something negative about other types (and without being sarcastic), then you're welcome! :D

[The reason that I started this thread is because of so many threads complaining about one thing or another. I thought it would be great to encourage people to stay positive ...If you want to complain, you can go to another thread. If you want to post pictures of the caches you like, without saying something negative about other types (and without being sarcastic), then you're welcome! :D

Amen and AMEN!

Near a cache at Topsail Island, NC

TopsailIsland.jpg

Lake Holston, TN Event

LakeHolston2.jpg

Going for the cache at Lake Holston (water was down terribly)

LakeHolston.jpg