Count me in!

Mudfrog

Seems like the pet peeves and dislike of religious items type threads are becoming more and more common these days so i figured i'd better post my own hatred for something geocaching related as well.

Let's see, my pet peeve is that i can't stand caches that are placed within the boundaries of a,, oh wait, nevermind. That doesn't bother me any. How bout this, i really dislike seeing cache coordinates listed on the cache page,, no no, that's ok too. Give me a minute, i'll think of something. Ok, there was this one time when i found a dry logbook in a cache, awww shucks, forget it. I just can't think of anything that i hate so much that i would have to post about it here on the forums! :o

My question, why do some people let things like dog pictures, lame caches, or religious items placed in caches annoy them so much?

Ok, there was this one time when i found a dry logbook in a cache, awww shucks, forget it. I just can't think of anything that i hate so much that i would have to post about it here on the forums! :)

"Myself, i don't care for LPCs and i sure don't care to rummage around a smelly dumpster looking for a cache" -- Mudfrog, Aug 15, 2007

"To me, excuses for not signing the cache log are usually pretty lame. For instance, the not having a writing utensil excuse." -- Mudfrog, Aug 13, 2007

"You would think that others would use common sense and realize that they shouldn't be giving out hints without an owner's consent" -- Mudfrog, Aug 6, 2007

.. etc...

With 1300+ posts, many are likely to be complaints.. [:o]

Ok, there was this one time when i found a dry logbook in a cache, awww shucks, forget it. I just can't think of anything that i hate so much that i would have to post about it here on the forums! :)

"Myself, i don't care for LPCs and i sure don't care to rummage around a smelly dumpster looking for a cache" -- Mudfrog, Aug 15, 2007

"To me, excuses for not signing the cache log are usually pretty lame. For instance, the not having a writing utensil excuse." -- Mudfrog, Aug 13, 2007

"You would think that others would use common sense and realize that they shouldn't be giving out hints without an owner's consent" -- Mudfrog, Aug 6, 2007

.. etc...

With 1300+ posts, many are likely to be complaints.. [:D]

Touche! I think thats the way it's spelled. :o

But, those are my opinions which i posted in existing threads where people asked questions and/or wanted to get a consensus of how others felt. My question here is referring to threads started by those who let these very minor things get to them so much. Makes me wonder how these people deal with everyday life where they are sure to run into more serious things to worry about.

I've been in the hospitality business for over 20 years. During this time I have developed my ten percenter theory. I believe that 1/10 people get pleasure from complaining and trying to make others around them unhappy. :)

The bolded word is the key, as I occasionally remind my staff.

Now what was the question? :o

Edited by wimseyguy

I've been in the hospitality business for over 20 years. During this time I have developed my ten percenter theory.

WG, from many years in retail, I developed "Rocky's Rule for Staying Sane:" Remember that half of everybody you deal with is below average.

It's certainly true here. :o

My question, why do some people let things like dog pictures, lame caches, or religious items placed in caches annoy them so much?

I wasted a lot of time in these forums trying to convince certain people not to let certain things bother them and not to impose their crankiness on others, until I finally came to the provable and unavoidable conclusion that there is a hard core minority of complainers who have absolutely no interest in actually defending their complaints (or worse, considering that there may actually be nothing to complain about) – they just want to complain, and to try to make others unhappy, regardless how illogical or irrational their complaints may be.

Some folks just aren't happy unless there is something to gripe about. Trust me, it' not just Geocaching ... whining and complaining is the Official Pastime of Airline Employees based what I've observed at my job.

Dog pictures, lame caches, or religious items. Hmmmm, can only think of two possibilities.

1. Just got to have something to bitch about, like posted above. Some just live to make others miserable.

2. Pre-emptive strike against something they feel threatens them. Which begs the question, what is wrong with their life that a Bible tract, words on paper, is such a threat?

What I've seen and I'm sure I am also guilty of is people getting offended when someone doesn't share their view. When I state a personal preference like when I say I don't like micros it mean just that. Although some seem to try to find a hidden meaning or agenda or think I mean no one else should like micros either.

look, i like to go on rants about things that don't matter.

the world is a mess, the republic is dying, my personal life is dubious at best, and my internal life is more of a shambles than one psychiatrist should attempt to view.

i adore a really heated argument with someone who can hold their own. i have tons of friends and engaging activities about which i am passionate, but it brings me much joy to slice 'n' dice over dogs that are not trained and people who consider the odd religious tract to be the pinnacle of modern rudeness.

come near me with that thing and i will jump all over you until one of us (maybe both) goes home bleeding.

then i will go to church or ride a bicycle or even grocery shopping where people will call me things like "good-natured", "helpful", and "polite".