Would you disable this cache?

~Hylife~

So....what you are saying is that you saw a spot on google where there wasn't any caches and figured that's got to be a good spot? Sight unseen? Never even walked about other than to drive up and see a bunch of locals playing hoop?

For me to place a cache, I at least would like to have a LITTLE common knowledge of the area...you know, to know that it's a good spot? Just because there's a "spot" on the map without a cache doesn't really make it a candidate for a placement. If those living nearby the area really think this was a good spot for a cache, why didn't THEY place one (you said one was an avid cacher??)? I personally place caches where people would want to go...do you think people really want to go to that park?

It doesn't sound like much thought was put into this cache other than to place a hide? AND, your "reasoning" that one log said it was nice to have a cache there to draw people to the area...what about the several logs stating people feared for their lives, were told to get out etc??

You didn't want to offend the locals? I would have to think they KNOW the area they live in, so I doubt they'd be offended if you warned of possible dangers. Cache hiders should think more about the people they are going to draw to the area than offending the locals. If you TRULY feel this spot desrves a cache, you should at least think of those you will be bringing into the area...give them the danger attribute and raise the d/t to reflect the truth...not the fluff to "not offend" locals.

I was with you until you made things a bit clearer...now I'm of feeling that this placement was just for another number.

I already bumped up the d/t..it was against my better judgement NOT to put them higher; but I was TOLD not to.

No, I didn't just "see" the spot on google and decide that I should add a cache to boost my numbers.

I saw a park, 4 blocks from my house, that I wasn't even AWARE of, and thought that was pretty cool. I asked around about it and discovered it's story and history. It's at this point I decided to place the cache, so that others would know it too. There are plenty of other areas I could toss a film canaster if I were only interested in numbers.