Is it possible to make you own 'map'?

Delta68

At the moment I transfer visible portion of map from PC memory map software to the Mio for an area we intend visiting.

This means I have an increasing number of sections on the mio probably overlap a lot.

I'm considering creating a more organised set of chunks but I would like to make a sort of reference page (a bit like the sort of think you get inside a road atlas) to enable me to identify easily which chunk of map I need to load

Is this possible?

Thanks

Mark

(part of Delta68)

Naming the chunks is not a problem. I just overtype the default "from 1:50k GB" or whatever it is, when exporting.

I normally just call it by the name of whichever town is in the middle. eg, Telford area, Birmingham area but this way I must be getting lots of overlapping and it's still a pain when trying to decide which map to load when stitting at home trying to plan a raid

Mark

OK, I'm highjacking my own thread here :lol: but is there a way to load a partial set of waypoints into MM on the pda and transfer more to be loaded in later?

Does this make sense?

For example, when planning a day out I'll set a pocket query for the destination and surrounding area but also do one for the route.

It would be handy if I could load just the route ones for the journey and then just the destination area when we arrive.

Is this possible? (Apart from taking a laptop with us :lol: )

Edited by Delta68
OK, I'm highjacking my own thread here :lol: but is there a way to load a partial set of waypoints into MM on the pda and transfer more to be loaded in later?

Does this make sense?

For example, when planning a day out I'll set a pocket query for the destination and surrounding area but also do one for the route.

It would be handy if I could load just the route ones for the journey and then just the destination area when we arrive.

Is this possible? (Apart from taking a laptop with us :lol: )

Buy a second card, one for the journey, second one for the day trip...

Memory cards a rather cheap at the moment.

G