Suggestion: Alternate "home" locations for nearest Caches

Desert Otter

I use the "Search for nearest caches from your home coordinates (filter out finds)" on the my account page quite a bit to get a quick look at whats around me.

I also do a lot of caching from work. It would be great to be able to put in secondary coordinates, such as work, a vacation spot etc and apply the same quick search.

I use the "Search for nearest caches from your home coordinates (filter out finds)" on the my account page quite a bit to get a quick look at whats around me.

I also do a lot of caching from work. It would be great to be able to put in secondary coordinates, such as work, a vacation spot etc and apply the same quick search.

Do a search based on your work and add &f=1 to the end. Bookmark the results in your browser.

OR

Premium members can set up a pocket query on a second set of coordinates and bookmark the results of the preview (or go to the PQ page and click preview).

Jeremy has hinted that the multiple locations feature of Waymarking.com will be migrated to the Geocaching.com site.

You can create a pocket query centered on your work coordinates, filter out your finds and save a link to the preview page.

It'll do the same thing for you.

Edit: GEEZ...one minute behind Markwell....time for bed here!

Edited by CYBret

You can create a pocket query centered on your work coordinates, filter out your finds and save a link to the preview page.

It'll do the same thing for you.

Edit: GEEZ...one minute behind Markwell....time for bed here!

Cool, thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I thought about the pocket query option (which I already have set up) but am just so used to using that link to get a quick view of the area. :unsure:

I don't know about the PQ options others have recommended, but I thought of this idea and did a search before posting a new topic. I'm glad to see others would benefit. My idea came as a result of spending some time at the future in-laws this weekend, but I would want it to be dynamic so that it is updated every time you access it, or so that it can change as a temporary coordinate (such as vacation, business trip, etc.) Of course, even though I'm not a Premium member, I would expect a feature such as this to be a premium one. Hmmm... might just convince me to become one.

Thanks,

KBoyKool

I solved this problem with a bookmark list ... just bookmark your "home" locations, go to the cache page, then click on the "Find Nearby Caches" link on the page. Costs a few more clicks than running a PQ, but is a bit fewer clicks to set up a new location.

I will be glad to have the multiple home locations feature from Waymarking.com. Hopefully we'll see more of the cool WM.com features migrate over this way in the future.