Geocoin Collector Geocoin

CinemaBoxers

I missed out on the whole thing. I would want at least one because I am a geocoin collector. How about a remint of different finishes? That way the originals are still "valuable" for trades. Pick another finish. Take a survey. Get an idea of how many coins you can remint and not get "stuck" with extras. Pick only one finsh and kind of make it one that everyone could want.

The excellent example was the MB ver. 1 and ver. 3. Your first minting was the 1. The sought after and prized coin. The remint is the "common" 3. Maybe 500? And since there would be no new die cost, maybe (wishfully) a lower price? Just a little lower.

This is perhaps the easiest answer and should satisfy all.

And does anyone want to trade for any version (you knew this was coming! :cool: )? See my trading list below.

And please. Let's be civil about this.

(Stepping down from soapbox) :cool:

Edited by nscaler

I see no reason that CinemaBoxers shouldn't remint this coin in the same metals or different. It is the Geocoin Collectors coin, afterall, and it should be available to as many geocoin collectors that want it.

Paula did not state in her announcements that this was a limited run. Someone earlier said that she should listen to her customers. I'm a customer, and I know I would like to see more of these coins for sale.

I purchased two of each. If Paula had announced that this was a limited run, I probably would have purchased the same number. There was a collector that purchased several coins in the FSM sale, and when I contacted him he wanted only HTF or AE in trade. He also had several to put up on Ebay. Some enjoy that part of trading. I don't. I offered one of my extra Geocoin Collector coins to a friend, and when he chooses his metal, the other one will be traded, given away, or tucked in a mission.

I haven't run through all of the messages above, but it's clear that there are different kinds of collectors, and I wish you all well.

And, I would like to thank Paula for a beautiful design. Keep 'em coming, CinemaBoxers!

:cool:

I don't think there is a shortage of these coins. Here is why (and this is meant as no critism to Paula, so please don't take it that way)

We are a community of traders.

She minted 300 coins. I would bet she doesn't have 300 separate orders. I would bet most people bought more than one of these. Why did they buy more than one? To trade (well, some for ebay). Those coins are there in the community, by reminting the coin, you are just creating a glut of the coins. Because people have not had a chance to trade with the people who didn't get a chance to buy them. Now the people who didn't get a chance to buy this one, might have gotten another coin that the person who has this one wants. Great! A trade in the works!

But if you remint the coin, the person who originally bought this one, is stuck. They might think twice next time about even purchasing from you. That would be sad.

Quite frankly, I have had no problems trading for some of the recent "high demand" coins that have come out. Maybe some of those people who are emailing you about reminting the coin should email one of those people who bought it instead. They could possibly work out a trade that would be better for them in the long run.

I did buy some to be traders thinking they were LE, 1 of 135, based on the posted and counted down numbers.

As I stated in my previous post, this is not the first time but will this become the norm and no-one knows what is truly LE, XLE, or AE anymore?

I admit I should not have said "LE" by others standards. I go by my own guidelines on AE, XLE, LE, and RE. I go by numbers minted and percentages.

A LE to me means it was limited in supply and the demand was great. Which means this geocoin fit MY descritption, not everyones. (Prior to the reminting announcement)

Just like when the Geojellies come out and the people who bought them have 20-30 each, they to me will be LE because of the difference of personalization and the small numbers.

I have already admitted it was my error in thinking this was a "short minting" (my term) due to the numbers listed and seperated into three metals. I don't read between the lines. I take people for what they state. I am not "whining". I will still trade the extras I bought if people still want to trade.

I do believe in learning from my mistakes and errors. I also love discussing (arguing) just to learn both sides of an issue and peoples points of view. I hold no grudges with those whom I discuss issues and I move on. I don't take it personal, I have thick skin and sometimes a thicker head. I am learning here that if it does not state LE or XLE with a guarantee of no reminting that the sky is the limit.

C B comment about this being their first sell: This is how I reflected on the comment. CB is an artist. That is her part of the picture. Being part of the working group. As a worker/artist, each person has a different view of issues, but the manager/seller gets to make the final decision.

Workers can be trained to make basic decisions to become managers. Well, when you become the manager/seller, a whole different world comes into view. All of a sudden the decisions take on a different perspective.

The forum community views the numbers minted and the quick sell. Few know of the decision process, what if's etc. CB and CM are the ones who take the financial risk producing coins. It's an educated guess, at best. Trends can provide information, but consumers are the one who finally drive the market.

Look at beanie babies, highly prized at their time. Now look at them, not in the same boat. I hope geocoins retain their value, much different infrastructre involved with geocaching.

So my point, gotta believe CB on the aspect of "First sell", easy to be a participant in the process. MUCH harder to take on the seller role also. Give her a break, I feel that she has been honest in the forums about her points.

Accordiongal

I like the way they do it at the geocoinshop.com. He clearly states in the beginning how many of each metal will be made. He also states that no more will ever be minted again or that he reserves the right to mint additional coins. That way I know exactly what I am getting. I wish more companies had that practice.

I will requote the above again.

I will wait to see how the next sale of this company handles this issue. If numbers are stated, will they say they reserve the right to mint more? If its not stated I won't assume that and ask or move on....

Trading does reflect the numbers minted as Yime so eloquently stated in his post.

Edited by LadyBee4T

Beautiful design, I missed out on the sale and would like to trade for a gold version if anyone has a extra, re-mint or not :cool:

I agree with Glenn. This is an awesome coin and I would like at least one, too, any metal, any color.

I just got back from vacation today, and missed out on these beautiful coins. My main objective is to add to my collection.

Changing those numbers after the demand has been assessed is certainly the vendor's right. However, the buyer may indeed feel a bit deceived "after the fact". Right or wrong, that's just how consumers can view it.

Lots said here, but I think Yime sums up my feelings pretty well the segment from in his quote above. Posting numbers implied total minting - whether or not it was intentional. A clearly stated policy like Crake's would be nice, or at least a statement that more coins might be minted would be appreciated - and help defuse the conflict that appeared.

The coins turned out much prettier than I expected based on the posted design. I didn't get any, and that's ok - as others have stated they're coins not kidneys. I do apprecaite that CB is willing to make more. I personally prefer to place and find geocoins in geocaches! I'm guilty of collecting too, but I'd much prefer the joy of releasing, finding and moving geocoins among geocaches to seeing them in collections. More coins - particularly of a high demand coin - means a greater chance of seeing geocoins where they belong (IMHO).

We are VERY proud to present our very FIRST sale coin

- the "Geocoin Collector Geocoin"

gcgold.jpg

Many of you will remember the front from the GCF Multi Event design contest - it ran second, and we received incredible feedback along with many people asking "Will you be minting it??"

So.. here it is! The entire coin is GeoCOIN related :) - On the front, you will see a trade taking place, with the phrase "Prodeo Pacisci" - which means "Go forth and trade" in Latin.

On the reverse, the coin is bordered with information on Geocoins. Centered underneath translucent hard enamel is geocoin information and words we often associate with geocoins. (Limited Editions, Cointests, Forums, Friends, etc...")

Available in two metals Antique Nickel, and Antique Gold. The coin measures 1.75" and is a nice heavy coin. The coin has two different Icons.

The price for the Antique Nickel and Antique Gold will be $9.49 (plus shipping)

collector32.gifcollector16.gif

SALES ARE OPEN HERE!

There is also an Antique Copper Artist Edition.

A total of 300 were minted:

30 Antique Copper

135 Antique Gold

135 Antique Nickel

gcan.jpg

This coin represents our very first coin sale! Castle Man is on vacation, and we still wanted to bring out a special coin this month, so, it will be available on our site! You can expect the very same fast shipping you get with Castle Man! (Orders placed and paid before 3PM ship SAME DAY!!)

Providing the post office is on time, the coin will be out TODAY at 3PM CST - Friday August 17th!!

We will post as soon as they arrive tomorrow, with the sale time - but we expect them to go on sale before 3PM (CST)!

Minted by Castle Coin and Pins - thanks to Castle Man for trusting us to hold down the fort while hes away, and for helping bring this beauty to life!

Please watch the thread for details!

gccopper.jpg

I don't see anywhere were it says 'only 300 of these coins will ever be minted'

but I tend not to"read between the lines" or assume something that isn't there. I also never look at minted numbers just because it's not important to me. I buy coins I like, just because I like them. Obviously other people buy them for other reasons. There's nothing wrong with that. But this is a forum, and everyone has the right to ask...before they buy a coin...if there will be a reminting or not. It's a simple question that no one bothered to ask. Lots of people bought the coin...lots of people had the opportunity to ask, but only one person sold them, and somehow it's the sellers fault no one asked. I don't get it.

Thanks Paula for designing a wonderful coin, and as a collector of sorts, I find it very enjoyable. As I was at work when these went on sale, I missed the gold, so if someone would like to trade, please take a look at my list!!

But if you remint the coin, the person who originally bought this one, is stuck. They might think twice next time about even purchasing from you. That would be sad.

I think Paula said that she would refund someones money if they didnt want the coin anymore. If someone feels burned, I think the next course of action is to email Paula.

That being said, and speaking of Trades, I have my PUG coins (well my wifes) and a surprise coin to trade for this.

thanks

No, it did not say "only 300 will ever be minted", but when numbers like that are posted, it does imply that will be the total amount available. Although I am not a fan of reminting, CB has the right to mint more (a note stating that would've definately prevented the lengthy discussions in this thread). I missed out on ordering this coin, and I am okay with that. It is not the end of the world, and if no more were ever minted, that would be okay. Back in the day, I missed out on plenty of cool designs...and that was okay. I actually enjoy trying to track down those coins where I missed the sale...I have "met" a lot of wonderful people this way. So, if anyone has an extra one, my trade list is below.

I think Paula said that she would refund someones money if they didnt want the coin anymore. If someone feels burned, I think the next course of action is to email Paula.

That being said, and speaking of Trades, I have my PUG coins (well my wifes) and a surprise coin to trade for this.

thanks

email sent (fingers crossed) :)

No, it did not say "only 300 will ever be minted", but when numbers like that are posted, it does imply state that will be the total amount available at this sale at this time.

"At this time" is your interpretation...

It's not an interpretation. It clearly states there will be a sale. "coin will be out TODAY at 3PM CST - Friday August 17th!!"

No where does it state this will be the only sale they will have for these coins. No where does it state this won't be the only sale they will have for these coins.

If it had been said that they were only minting x amount of coins and no more would be done again, and then turned around and changed their minds, I could understand people being bothered by that. But I don't see anywhere were that was said.

No, it did not say "only 300 will ever be minted", but when numbers like that are posted, it does imply state that will be the total amount available at this sale at this time.

"At this time" is your interpretation...

It's not an interpretation. It clearly states there will be a sale. "coin will be out TODAY at 3PM CST - Friday August 17th!!"

No where does it state this will be the only sale they will have for these coins. No where does it state this won't be the only sale they will have for these coins.

If it had been said that they were only minting x amount of coins and no more would be done again, and then turned around and changed their minds, I could understand people being bothered by that. But I don't see anywhere were that was said.

The original post states when the sale will start. I agree that it does not state that it will be the only sale of the coins. However, it also does not state that there will be another sale of the coin if the demand warrants it. As neither were stated, I guess that leaves room for mis-interpretation.

A lot of people re-mint coins. Sometimes they say at the beginning that they will sometimes they don't. In general I just assume that the only version that is limited in quantity is the one called "Limited Edition" or XLE, AE, whatever.

Personally, though, I could care less whether it's limited or not, the only value I hold in them is the "ooooh pretty!!" (and this one sure is, good job CB) As such, I'd rather have the shiny scrap of pretty metal than not. If I had to shell out 50 bucks on ebay every time I missed out on a nice coin, I'd probably just stop caring about coins; so I can appreciate the remint (even if I didn't miss out this time! :) )

/just a paying customer so don't accuse me of bias

The original post says: A total of 300 were minted

"a total" means just that, a complete whole. For me, that would imply that would amount to no more being made. Then it would be a subtotal, not a total. :unsure:

Regardless of how people collect or feel, sellers should cover all their bases while doing sales and avoid the fuss and confusion. :)

What a shame - because I left out a sentence I had NO IDEA anyone wanted to hear, and that I havent seen on other coin sale posts.

This statement is a bunch of BS. Your designs have been sold on the geocoinshop.com site and he clearly states his intentions there whether he might mint more or not.

Here's the thing people - and this is my opinion and NOT Paula's so let's not be confused about who is sending this post (For I am Jim - Paula's Husband):

The OP said:

collector32.gifcollector16.gif

SALES ARE OPEN HERE!

There is also an Antique Copper Artist Edition.

A total of 300 were minted:

30 Antique Copper

135 Antique Gold

135 Antique Nickel

It never ceases to amaze me how people interpret (or OVER interpret) what is typed.

Can anyone who can read the English Language point to the part where it says "ONLY" OR "AVAILABLE".

Where does it say 135 of any metal will be available? Where does it say "A total of 300 WILL EVER BE minted"

Why is my wife the only person catching crap for "POSSIBLY" reminting a coin where others (I can think of 3 RECENTLY of the top of my head)?

Just so everyone is absolutely clear - 135 of the Gold and Nickel metals were NOT available, nor was 30 of the Copper made available.

The numbers listed in this post were to let everyone know "Hey... this is what we got in the box" Nothing more, nothing less. Why is it that some of you people have to blow it so out of proportion.

Shall it be standard practice for everyone who mints a coin to say "We reserve the right to produce up to 1,000,000 coins of this design"?

If you like the coin, buy it... if you don't like it, then don't buy it. It's that simple.

If you collect coins because you like the design, the value shouldn't be an issue. If you collect coins to place them on eBay, so be it. I can think of several coins with waaaay higher minting numbers that hold their trade value just fine.

~ Jim

Don't bother flaming me - I just don't care

This statement is a bunch of BS. Your designs have been sold on the geocoinshop.com site and he clearly states his intentions there whether he might mint more or not.

No.. your reply is a load of BS. I DESIGN for Geocoinshop. I DO NOT run the sales, NOR DO I read the fine print when the sales begin. I get 'reports' from the people I design for, but since Im SENT coins from the minter, I rarely visit the sales sites.

So... take your insinuations and assume what you wish. We all know what happens when you assume things.

I am NOT geocoinshop. Nor do I run his sales.

Don't assume I "knew better" - with my limited involvement in the actual SALES of coins, perhaps you and the others here could give me a little room for error. But then, admittedly, Im not perfect as Im guessing so many others seem to be.

Bottom line? There will be a remint. Case closed.

If you like the coin, buy it... if you don't like it, then don't buy it. It's that simple.

Cut and dry my feelings.

As for the other comments directed toward CB, I think as a whole the coin community should be ashamed at the way some of you deal with things. I for one think that alot of the statements on here are childish and said on a whim. If I was to have said some of the comments thta have been said in just this thread I would feel ashamed and never show my face in these forums again. ALbiet this is MY opinion on this situation, and feel some of you are just absolutley childish when dealing with issues in here. It's very easy for someone to become "Mr. or Mrs. Bad a**" online but what would you say if you dealt with these people one on one. Give me a break and go listen to Brad Paisley's song ONLINE

My two cents

I guess I so wrongly assumed when you stated you hadn't seen it in other coin sale posts that you actually read them.

Right case closed

Again... not perfect. But, I have indeed seen coins posted for sale that WERE reminted where the original post mentioned NOTHING of a remint.

Whats better, to sell a coin and mention the number in hand, or leave the edition a mystery?

How many coins do you own where you have NO IDEA of the final numbers minted?

I dont know most, if any, nor do I care - but again, I collect coins I like. Not to trade to others, or to sell.

I only sell my own coins.

So.. I guess making errors in general is unacceptable.

My bad.

Let me clarify so there is NO confusion then - that should close the discussion. Now, I will also CLARIFY that I speak ONLY for myself, and any sales I PERSONALLY run.

The numbers listed were what was shipped from the mint. It was not meant to imply that we would not remint. If we order a low number, and our customers ask for more, we reserve the right to remint. (And will say so) If we are ONLY producing a number of a coin, and no more will be minted, BELIEVE ME I will clarify as to not be raked over the coals for a simple omission of one sentence that seems to mean so much to many of those who didn't even buy the coin.

Again, Im just curious why this statement was so important for this particular coin, and not for others offered for sale and reminted. No one seems to want to answer that question, regardless of who asked it.

Case closed? Or, will this just supply more fodder for someone to nit pick....

Enough already - its being beaten into the ground.

If its been beaten to the ground then ask for the thread to be closed and let it die away.....

Well.. I cant do that now can I?

We have a remint, and we all know its one thread per coin! :unsure:

Unless the Mods want to make an exception to clear away the rubbish, and allow a new thread.

Id love nothing more than to see it closed, but I just dont know if thats an option in this case.

Theres alot Id like to say on this topic, but won't... until I'm in chat later that is. :)

Regardless of what is going here, I would like to add that I received my coins today and they are BEAUTIFUL. It has been added to "my most favorite list". I even think you beat CM for fast shipping. lol

(And I think this baby needs put bed, it's been beaten to death. I have my opinion on it, but choose as always to remain a lurker because of how nasty it gets in here. IMHO it's not going to get resolved and you all are just hurting each other. IT'S ONLY A HUNK OF $6-7 METAL.)

Here is the problem, as I see it, with this coin as compared to other coin that have been re-minted; you used the word TOTAL.

There is no misreading or misunderstanding when some who speaks and understands the English language with regards to the word TOTAL.

to·tal

–adjective

1. constituting or comprising the whole; entire; whole: the total expenditure.

2. of or pertaining to the whole of something: the total effect of a play.

3. complete in extent or degree; absolute; unqualified; utter: a total failure.

4. involving all aspects, elements, participants, resources, etc.; unqualified; all-out: total war.

Definition taken from: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/total

So after seeing that in your post why would someone then ask if there will be a re-mint of the coins? It was stated upfront that there will be a total of 300 coins, a total means no more.

There has been several good points brought up in this thread and some unnecessary comments.

I like Paula, Jim and Jim. I in no way think they intended to pull the wool over anyones eyes and that Paula is doing what she sees as best for the coin community.

I was not able to get any of these most beautiful coin, I was busy at the sale time. But I would have bought several of them like I do with other coins since I read that it was only an edition of 300 and they are beautiful and will do well in the trade market and the eBay market. Yes I do sometimes buy coins to sell on eBay to finance the coins I buy in the future. But just because there is a re-mint does not mean the coin will still not do well in the secondary trade/sell market. A pair of handcuff coins sold on eBay for over $30 and it was announced right up front in the newsletter that they would be re-minted. So yes some people are over reacting about this issue. But I can see their point but some people are just not expressing it in a helpful constructive way.

Here is the problem, as I see it, with this coin as compared to other coin that have been re-minted; you used the word TOTAL.

There is no misreading or misunderstanding when some who speaks and understands the English language with regards to the word TOTAL.

If it is taken out of context, then the definition doesn't seem to matter. Its how it was used, and I just don't see it saying that 300 is the total number ever to be minted.

So after seeing that in your post why would someone then ask if there will be a re-mint of the coins? It was stated upfront that there will be a total of 300 coins, a total means no more.

No it wasn't. They did NOT say "there will be a total of 300 coins." They said "a total of 300 were minted", and then broke down the different metal counts that make up that total. Big difference, and I again ask all youse peoples out there - If making sure the numbers are what they are, why did no one ask about the numbers before the sale?? So many other details were put into their posts, why would they leave out an important one saying this would be a limited edition coin? Maybe because it wasn't intended to be an LE coin.

Edited by Woletrap

Another example...the FSM coin...they only made 250 to begin with but were people whining about a remint on those? Nope.

I see everyone's point, but I fail to see why it's such an issue if anyone makes more coins than originally intended.

No one complained when tsun or FSM or countless others made more RE coins.

Why now?

If you have questions about my coin or the sale, please post in my thread. For the record, I did not remint the RE (Regular Edition) coins. I changed the metal and/or paint in the remint so that they were different from the original run. But, to avoid derailing this thread, please post any further questions in my thread and let this one focus on the coin in question.

If its been beaten to the ground then ask for the thread to be closed and let it die away.....

Well.. I cant do that now can I?

We have a remint, and we all know its one thread per coin! :)

Unless the Mods want to make an exception to clear away the rubbish, and allow a new thread.

Id love nothing more than to see it closed, but I just dont know if thats an option in this case.

Theres alot Id like to say on this topic, but won't... until I'm in chat later that is. :unsure:

Correct. One coin, one thread. We will gladly update the thread title for you when ready. Please email or PM Eartha or I to have that done when you are ready.

A decision has been made on this coin and opinions have been expressed. If everybody that has posted what they feel to be constructive feedback in this thread really wants to help: I'm going to open a new thread for "What you want to see listed in a coin sale" - please post there.

Let's use this situation and the new thread to make a list of the things that anybody selling a coin SHOULD post.

CB - If you have more to say on THIS topic, please join the other thread. If you have other issues you want to discuss with me please contact me offline and I'll be happy to address them.

I wanted to note....

I JUST got an email from a customer about this coin. One who first saw it on Castle Mans site.

Now, most of you know CM minted this coin, and pretty much controls the numbers of a coin produced, with a little input from myself.

They informed me that he has this coin listed on his portfolio page that lists the status and numbers of all coins minted by him.

Here it is

He has the number listed as 300+ - I did NOT know this, or would have listed it before now.

Edited by CinemaBoxers
Again, Im just curious why this statement was so important for this particular coin, and not for others offered for sale and reminted. No one seems to want to answer that question, regardless of who asked it.

I think the reason why it is important for they particular coin can be attributed to the great design. This is the first coin in a while that has drawn interest from alot of coin people. It is well designed, beautiful to look at and and somewhat unique compared with the other offerings out there. Many people jumped in to purchase the coin, even buying extras since they liked it's potential trade value. When you have a great product people care. I haven't made any fuss about other coin mintings because I simply didn't buy them and don't care.

:blink:

I bought one of these lovely coins off that e-you-know-what site. I activated it with the full intention of releasing it. But I just can't....let....it....go....

So I did a search to find out more about the coin (boy I found out more than I ever wanted to! LoL) and to see if there was a remint. It appears that the remint idea was scrapped??

BTW, as painful as this thread appeared to be to CB at the time, as a potential future coin designer *fingers crossed* I did learn some valuable things from reading this thread. I hope my bringing it back up doesn't hurt anyone or rip the scab off old wounds. That was not my intention. I'm just wondering about a potential future remint.

And if anyone has any to trade.... :rolleyes:

[edit spelling]

Edited by ThePetersTrio

Not at all! LOL

But - I think its important to remind people who buy coins - the Artist only has control over the number of coins on designs that they mint themselves.

I've seen Coin designers on here take some flack - myself included - for things they have no control over. :rolleyes: (Whether its remints, versions, etc..)

Sometimes its out of our hands.

I don't own the dies for this coin, but I dont forsee this coin being reminted - but I still have a TINY number available for trade. (I traded most of mine already!)

Not at all! LOL

But - I think its important to remind people who buy coins - the Artist only has control over the number of coins on designs that they mint themselves.

I've seen Coin designers on here take some flack - myself included - for things they have no control over. ;) (Whether its remints, versions, etc..)

Sometimes its out of our hands.

I don't own the dies for this coin, but I dont forsee this coin being reminted - but I still have a TINY number available for trade. (I traded most of mine already!)

So, as I am reading into this is that Paula is the artist And has NO control over the re-minting or not of this coin.

On the other hand, I have seen other coins basically re-minted but out of different metals and that's O.K :huh: .