Geocoin Collector Geocoin

CinemaBoxers

We are VERY proud to present our very FIRST sale coin

- the "Geocoin Collector Geocoin"

gcgold.jpg

Many of you will remember the front from the GCF Multi Event design contest - it ran second, and we received incredible feedback along with many people asking "Will you be minting it??"

So.. here it is! The entire coin is GeoCOIN related :lol: - On the front, you will see a trade taking place, with the phrase "Prodeo Pacisci" - which means "Go forth and trade" in Latin.

On the reverse, the coin is bordered with information on Geocoins. Centered underneath translucent hard enamel is geocoin information and words we often associate with geocoins. (Limited Editions, Cointests, Forums, Friends, etc...")

Available in two metals Antique Nickel, and Antique Gold. The coin measures 1.75" and is a nice heavy coin. The coin has two different Icons.

The price for the Antique Nickel and Antique Gold will be $9.49 (plus shipping)

collector32.gifcollector16.gif

SALES ARE OPEN HERE!

There is also an Antique Copper Artist Edition.

A total of 300 were minted:

30 Antique Copper

135 Antique Gold

135 Antique Nickel

gcan.jpg

This coin represents our very first coin sale! Castle Man is on vacation, and we still wanted to bring out a special coin this month, so, it will be available on our site! You can expect the very same fast shipping you get with Castle Man! (Orders placed and paid before 3PM ship SAME DAY!!)

Providing the post office is on time, the coin will be out TODAY at 3PM CST - Friday August 17th!!

We will post as soon as they arrive tomorrow, with the sale time - but we expect them to go on sale before 3PM (CST)!

Minted by Castle Coin and Pins - thanks to Castle Man for trusting us to hold down the fort while hes away, and for helping bring this beauty to life!

Please watch the thread for details!

gccopper.jpg

Edited by CinemaBoxers

By the way - I know I cannot post a link unless its directly to the coin, but for those of you who know our site - we will be sending out a newsletter before the coin goes on sale. Just be sure and sign up for it ahead of time!

And - of course... thank you all for the great comments - I'm very proud of this coin!

Edited by CinemaBoxers

We have been discussing the sale time - and of course, without having them in hand, I do NOT want to begin the sale.

When they arrive today - I will post IMMEDIATELY what time the sale will begin!

And yes, CST is -6.

Again - thanks for the comments - I have gotten many great emails and really appreciate all the kind words.

This one is a special coin I think - everything just came together for it.

The back actually has a funny story behind it - but that can wait till later!

Wow what a flurry!!! I must have hit the refresh button about 1000+ times just before the gc's went up for sale! Very cool to see how many folks were also hanging out waitinglike me! I went wild to see so many other geocoins up for sale BUT...Got one each of the three finishes including the way cool copper (the one metal I truly lust for!!! [gg])! Also picked up a copper Forest Preserves to go along with my copper Nuttin' Better...and just a plug...if anyone has ANY copper versions of ANY geocoins they're willing to sell or swap for...drop me an e-mail!! Thank you, thank you!! DJeepStr :)

I got used to 24 Hr. advanced notice of CM's sales, not 24 minutes, so I missed out on the whole sale :) By the time I read my email and went to the site there were only a few of the Silver ones left and I was so annoyed that I just closed out the page (talk about "cuttin' your nose off.....") :o

Hopefully another minting is in the works.

I got used to 24 Hr. advanced notice of CM's sales, not 24 minutes, so I missed out on the whole sale :) By the time I read my email and went to the site there were only a few of the Silver ones left and I was so annoyed that I just closed out the page (talk about "cuttin' your nose off.....") :D

Hopefully another minting is in the works.

You got a 24 hour notice via Castleman's vacation email and a several hour notice of approx time above in this thread. Scroll back in it and you'll see :o

Edited by AtlantaGal

Yes, we did what we could to give a little warning - I didnt want to post about the coins TOO early, and then if they did NOT come in for some reason, not be able to begin the sale. (I like CM, won't sell em till I get them in hand!)

We felt our safest bet was to give everyone a heads up here when we first posted the thread, and then keep everyone informed. When the coins came in, we posted immediately with an approximate sales time, then sent out two emails to both our customer lists.

I never expected quite the reaction to the coin that we had - as Im sure most would agree - no one would ever 'assume' a coin will sell out so quickly.

As for limits - I did choose to limit the AE's. When CM has a limited edition, or a small number he may do things a little differently - but as anyone who shops on our site might tell you - I always limit the number of AE's purchased. (I like to spread them out a bit)

Remember, for every one person who wants to buy two or more, theres another person who would just like one for their collection.

As for a remint? I think that the emails I've gotten asking would justify reminting a few of these coins.

I'll shoot an email over about it to the Castle Man, and let everyone know when he writes back.

Thanks again everyone for the response to this coin. And.. its even nicer in person!

Oh, BTW - ALL orders go out this AM.

~P

I received email notification from both Castle Coins and Geocoin Design and really appreciate that the coins went up for sale at the stated time. That really helps when you're at work! Being on their email lists is a great way to keep up with the availability of their coins.

Thanks for another beautiful design, Paula!

Since the coins are already shipping this morning, I expect to see them Monday or Tuesday! :):o:D

I think that geocoins sell out fast because there is a limited quantity. If I made only 250 of a coin and they sold out that would mean they were very collectable not that I should produce 500 more to make more money. It seems like alot of people are going this way. Why? A limited coin would be more fun to try to get. I guess from now on I will wait until the second or third reminting so as not to have to be there or miss out when nobody really misses out these days.

I am just tired of stated quantities not being adhered to when there is money to be made.

Okay, now I am ready for the flaming to begin.

A large part of it is due to requests - we only even consider reminting when we receive a good amount of emails from regular customers specifically asking for a remint.

If this coin is reminted, its moreso due to the fact that I - last night alone - got about 20+ emails from coin folks who missed it asking if we would remint this design.

But, sometimes we remint in different metals than the original run to make things a little different, or with different enamels.

The intent is not to flood the market, but to make sure everyone gets something they want. People will always debate how 'collectible' a geocoin is in any case.... I think they hold the most value for those who enjoy that specific coin.

I know and agree with Crake's philosophy. He makes sure everyone can get one - nothing wrong with that, but, I don't forsee a 'huge' second run of these.

I am just tired of stated quantities not being adhered to when there is money to be made.

Me too, however, certain vendors always make more. And they say as much. So by now, I'd think you'd know this and purchase less. I know I do :o

I agree. Did it say somewhere that there may be a second minting? I must have missed it if it did.

Me too, however, certain vendors always make more. And they say as much. So by now, I'd think you'd know this and purchase less. I know I do :o

I agree. Did it say somewhere that there may be a second minting? I must have missed it if it did.

When someone decides to do a second minting they are taking away the trade value of the geocoin from the people who bought them to trade. I would trade a 250 mint coin but who wants a 1000 mint coin in trade? I have lost trades of the FSM, Earth Turtle and now probably this geocoin due to the immediacy of second mintings. Why can't people stick to a limit they state? I think it is the fact that nobody wants to get stuck with left over geocoins that don't sell, so promise a limit and then mint more, who will complain, ME. Claim it is demand for the geocoin and not demand for more revenue from the sell of more coins if you want. I for one will be very wary of this practice in the future.

Yes, I am ranting but I have a right to my opinion and get upset when people are not honest upfront. The changing of metals in the second minting does affect the trade of the "limited" ones whether you agree or not.

When someone decides to do a second minting they are taking away the trade value of the geocoin from the people who bought them to trade. I would trade a 250 mint coin but who wants a 1000 mint coin in trade? I have lost trades of the FSM, Earth Turtle and now probably this geocoin due to the immediacy of second mintings. Why can't people stick to a limit they state? I think it is the fact that nobody wants to get stuck with left over geocoins that don't sell, so promise a limit and then mint more, who will complain, ME. Claim it is demand for the geocoin and not demand for more revenue from the sell of more coins if you want. I for one will be very wary of this practice in the future.

Yes, I am ranting but I have a right to my opinion and get upset when people are not honest upfront. The changing of metals in the second minting does affect the trade of the "limited" ones whether you agree or not.

First, let me say - for the record ~

On this coin, the numbers that were listed were NOT to say they were the only coins to be minted.

It was to say this IS WHAT WAS MINTED and WHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE.

On any other topic... I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Nobody said 'this is it.. there will be no more of these'.

When we list a coin, I think its often the same as many, if not most other coin sellers - if the coin goes well, and we believe we underestimated the number minted - we remint. It always seems that profit is a dirty word here on the coin forums - but honestly - we only remint coins we are asked to remint. If money is made, so be it - designing and selling coins is my job. When a coin sells out - believe me - the thought of more money is NOT the reason we remint a coin. We remint so the people who ASK us to remint them can get the coins.

Either way, you can't make everyone happy. As far as buying and trading, Ive never had a problem trading a reminted version of a coin. Thats just from my experience, but I guess I dont see a big difference between minting an original run of 500 and calling it done, or minting 300 and then adding another small run as a remint.

I guess I would give the advice that anyone who is in collectibles is usually told. Buy and collect what you like, and dont depend, or even expect an item to have a bigger or better resale/trade value. When your concerns about collectibility overcome your enjoyment of the item itself, then theres an issue anyways.

I disagree. When someone puts a number out and states this is how many were made, that should be how many were made. Otherwise, why put a number out there? It is to draw more business. Unfortunately this sales tactic has entered into businesses using the forums to make money and not collectors and geocachers who view it as a hobby, not to make money, but to help others enjoy the world of geocoins.

I am not stating that everyone who sells coins is a business or making bank. I am stating that if this is to become common practice businesses will take advantage of these forums and the gullability of people like me who believe what is written not "read the fine print written between the lines". I believe that honesty and integrity need a foothold somewhere and why not here where people come to enjoy a hobby, not to make a little extra scratch off of the others.

I will get down from my high horse now and apoligize to anyone I have offended. I would just like to see things up front and square.

I am at work today and yes I wear flame retardant clothes and turnouts at work so have at me. I am in a good mood and mean no quarrels, I just love to rant.

Well.. I for one don't see reminting a coin due to customer requests as a 'dishonest' practice.

I make a living doing artwork. Garmin makes money selling GPS's. Groundspeak makes money off of coin codes and TB's. Why does the 'feel good' responsibility start with Geocoins, or the people who make them?

So... Ill just agree to disagree.