White Elephant Geocoin Exchange

Damenace

Thanks for the clarification, Dennis!

I will have to think about it again. Maybe I can pay for one and let it ship to my secret person directly :o I just hate to pay 6.50 for a coin and have to add nearly 8 $ for shipping! International shipping isn't cheap, but paying more for it than for the coin itself isn't a good deal :unsure:

(I know that this is not your fault, Dennis, it is just the standard "international shipping charge" of Geoswag which is OK if you order a lot of stuff but in my opinion is too much if you order just one or two coins... you have to pay an additional 5.25$ for shipping plus the normal shipping rate, and the last time I ordered a coin the postage on the mailer said 1.90$ :huh: So why do I have to pay nearly 8$ for it??? Sorry, I think that isn't fair. Geoswag does a great job otherwise, but I just hate this standard international shipping fee :lol: )

As for my mission, I am researching and trying to get the coins together that my secret person is looking for :o:ph34r:

We are in for 2 missions-

mission #1

1. Participating- email sent 12-17-07

2. Received name- got it! 12-20-07

3. Mission Complete-

4. Package Received-Got the first one today, 12/26

I need help with what one is though...untrackable, round, gold, a pirate head on one side a skull on the other, crossed bones around the edge, also a geocoinclub poker chip with a duck in the middle and an Oklahoma coin...makes me want to go cache in Oklahoma! I'm not sure who to thank, it seems I sent the package to myself!...Thank You mystery person!!

mission #2

2. Received name- got ot! 12-20-07

3. Mission Complete-

4. Package Received-

We have a short list on geocoincollection, we are just thrilled with any surprises though!

We are in for 2 missions-

mission #1

2. Received name- got it! 12-20-07

3. Mission Complete- in the mail today- 12-27

4. Package Received-Got the first one today, 12/26

I need help with what one is though...untrackable, round, gold, a pirate head on one side a skull on the other, crossed bones around the edge, also a geocoinclub poker chip with a duck in the middle and an Oklahoma coin...makes me want to go cache in Oklahoma! I'm not sure who to thank, it seems I sent the package to myself!...Thank You mystery person!!

mission #2

2. Received name- got ot! 12-20-07

3. Mission Complete- in the mail today- 12-27

4. Package Received-

We have a short list on geocoincollection, we are just thrilled with any surprises though!

I need help with what one is though...untrackable, round, gold, a pirate head on one side a skull on the other, crossed bones around the edge....

I think that is a special one put together by Avroair and called Pirate's Plunder. Is it Ant. Gold?

Antique gold sounds right. Its a good sized coin...1 1/2 inches across, 1/8 inch thick. Its in a sleeve with an oakcoins label.

I need help with what one is though...untrackable, round, gold, a pirate head on one side a skull on the other, crossed bones around the edge....

I think that is a special one put together by Avroair and called Pirate's Plunder. Is it Ant. Gold?

Antique gold sounds right. Its a good sized coin...1 1/2 inches across, 1/8 inch thick. Its in a sleeve with an oakcoins label.

Yep sounds like it. I believe this coin uses dies from two previous Pirates of Harriman events.

Yep sounds like it. I believe this coin uses dies from two previous Pirates of Harriman events.

Thanks much for your help! The pictures of Pirates of Harriman are on geocoincollection (Pirates Plunder says coming soon) you are exactly right, it uses dies from 2 previous coins....so many smart folks around here! :rolleyes:

Ooops, I'm a little late posting.

1st mission:

1. Participating: you bet

2. Received Name: yep

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

2nd mission:

1. Participating: uh huh

2. Received Name: yep

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

My seeking list is at geocoincollection but I'm not picky :rolleyes:

1. Participating - Yes - 12/22/07

2. Received Name - Yes -12/27/07

3. Mission Complete - Researching

4. Package Received!

There is not a seeking list on the internet. I am interested in personal, country and event coins. Any coin I don't have would work. See my profile (List of Trackables Owned) for the coins I have in my collection.

Thank You!

Mission #1

1. Participating - Email sent December 21st

2. Received Name - December 22nd :huh:

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received - December 28th

Mission #2

1. Participating - Email sent December 21st

2. Received Name- December 22nd B)

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

Received my first mission package yesterday from Utah. It had a Lyonden_UT Nerd, Dandelyon Salad GeoJelly 3, and the Old Boot Stew - HOBO Event Geocoin. Thanks for the package my WEGE sender <--no secret here B) . These are 3 coins I did not have and now I have a 2nd and 3rd generation GeoJelly. I think that I was FTA (First to Arrive) :rolleyes:B)

Oh dear... this is my first mission and now i feel a little rude... should i have sent the package already? i was waiting for the closing date before sending mine??

is that ok?

Don't worry, I haven't mailed mine yet either ... the Bank Holidays this side of the pond make it senseless to try too much before the 2cnd! :sad:

Edit to add: Closing date is Jan 31st.

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Not meant to be complicated, you will send three and you will receive three :D . Do not go back and read the begining you are sure to be confused :sad: .

Rats! I just read back and had to scroll 127 further posts for the cloud of confusion to lift! ROTFL :sad:

1. Participating - email sent 23/12

2. Received Name -27/12

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Not meant to be complicated, you will send three and you will receive three :D . Do not go back and read the begining you are sure to be confused :D .

Rats! I just read back and had to scroll 127 further posts for the cloud of confusion to lift! ROTFL :sad:

<SNIP>!

Dont worry I did the same thing, I read the orginal 1st post and then realized there was a clarification post. :sad:

1. Participating - Yes - 12/22/07

2. Received Name - Yes - 12/27/07

3. Mission Complete - This was a tough one. - Mailed 12/29/07

4. Package Received!

There is not a seeking list on the internet. I am interested in personal, country and event coins. Any coin I don't have would work. See my profile (List of Trackables Owned) for the coins I have in my collection.

Thank You!

MISSION 1 - CM

1. Participating - email sent

2. Received Name -

3. Mission Complete -

4. Package Received! -

MISSION 2 - CM2

1. Participating - email sent

2. Received Name -

3. Mission Complete -

4. Package Received! -

I need help making my signature coin list clicky. :anibad:

Edited by Cache Maine

For those of you who don't have your seeking list anywhere make it a bit easier for your mission person to get you something you would really like. Here is a link to a free site that was given to me last year for my first mission.

Free Site for Geocoins Lists

Thanks for this! I have been trying to upload a personal page on my ISP but no luck! I have added the few coins I have to the list here:

http://www.utahgeocachers.com/GeoCoin/GeoC...amp;OwnerID=209

Participating in 2 Missions Each. Thanks for hosting.

FuRbRaT

1. Participating 12-18-07

2. Received Name 12-20-07

3. Mission Complete 12-31-07

4. Package Received! 12-30-07

FuRbRaT

4. Package Received!

Lil Weasel

4. Package Received!

Lil Weasel

4. Package Received!

Brewer Chef

4. Package Received!

Brewer Chef

4. Package Received!

Thanks to those who have added their lists but we need more to do so! HINT HINT HINT!!!!

I need help making my signature coin list clicky. :blink:

Try this:

1--Sign out of the forums completely

2--Go to your account and click on edit profile

3--In the box that states Forum Signature add the url of your lists. Mine looks like this. I have two--one for seeking and one for available but leave out the ??? between the [url and the =

My Trade List

My Seeking List

4--At the bottom click Update Account

5--Sign out of your account

6--Go to the forums and sign back in

7--Check out a post and see if it has worked. If not we'll try again!!!

Edited by LadyBee4T

Me's Mission

1. Participating--E-mail sent 12/17/07

2. Received Name--Name received 12/20/07

3. Mission Complete--Shipped 12/31/07

4. Package Received!--Received today and THANK YOU!!

Myself's Mission

4. Package Received!

I's Mission

4. Package Received!

Received my first mission package yesterday from Utah. It had a Lyonden_UT Nerd, Dandelyon Salad GeoJelly 3, and the Old Boot Stew - HOBO Event Geocoin. Thanks for the package my WEGE sender <--no secret here :P . These are 3 coins I did not have and now I have a 2nd and 3rd generation GeoJelly. I think that I was FTA (First to Arrive) <_<:D

Well, I thought it would be better to send out coins I knew you did not have, nor most likely have. Okay, so I did not hide too well. Glad to share the luck I had in getting into the coin projects, as well as an event group I am proud to be apart of... Hobo's Rule.

Glad you have added to your Geojelly collection

Happy New Years to all :P

Edited by lyonden_ut

1. Participating - Yes 12/17/07

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Not Yet

4. Package Received? YES!!!

I guess I'm in the early crew this time! I came home from the holiday to a mailbox full of mail and in it several packages. I opened up one that was addressed to me from me, and out popped five more packages:

wegemission002.jpg

So I kept opening! (It was like Christmas again!)

First out came a Netherlands bumpersticker coin.

And then, a Penguin gift tag coin.

The next package was bulky... I had to stop and think a sec, wondering what might be so bulky. Out came a Back to Caching coin and pin set, the only GC&PC set that I'm missing since I started my collection.

And then, the package wondering if the mission had _ _ _ _ _ ed up? Wouldn't you know it but a Golden Wood Screw. I think they knew the answer, there was no way they could have screwed up.

wegemission003.jpg

The only hint as to the identity of my secret mission sender was a Connecticut magnet. Now I have to wonder if they threw that in as a misdirection or a secret clue... Anyhow, thanks to my secret mission person, whoever you were... Probably the best I've ever come out of a White Elephant exchange yet!