White Elephant Geocoin Exchange

Damenace

wege.jpg

This is how it can be done.

You send a random coin to person A and recieves one from the person that got you as person A.

Then you either sends the coin you recived or a random coin to person B and recieves one from the person got you as B.

This way everyone sends to two different persons and recieves from 2 different persons.

Here's an alternate way for it to work.

Let's say that moscow32 is assigned an A mission: LadyBee4T and a B mission: TeamEccs21

Two other players are assigned moscow32 as A and B missions. Let's say SonOfCyclops has him as A, and UOTrackers has him as B.

moscow32 sends two coins to the A mission: LadyBee4T

He recieves two coins from another player, SonOfCyclops

He then chooses one of the coins sent to him and sends the other coin to his B mission, TeamEccs21

He then receives a second coin from his B mission, UOTrackers

Everyone sends two coins, and recieves two coins. You'd have to be on your honor to send one of the two coins that you receive from your A mission. But that adds to the white elphantness of the game. The player who sent your A mission has no idea who your B mission is.

Maybe just make it a kind of lottery:

Everyone should send out two coins, and receive at least 1

The first coin is sent to a certain person

The second coin you can send to anyone participating

which means if you are lucky you can receive more then 1 coin

if you are unlucky you´ll only get 1 coin

Put people in groups of 10 or 15

Yeah - worked out how it is going to work. Not a bad idea.

I will say it is a little complicated, and I'd be worried that some people may not click as to how it works and may do the wrong thing. I think there may need to be a simpler way. Not sure how... will sleep on it and have a think.

I will say it is a little complicated, and I'd be worried that some people may not click as to how it works and may do the wrong thing. I think there may need to be a simpler way. Not sure how... will sleep on it and have a think.

Well it indeed will be done in a more simplistic way, thats is a 1 for 1 exchange. I know what I want to accomplish, my problem is I tend to me a little over analytical and will lose some in translations. I was trying to add a little White Elephant twist to the exchange, yet I was expecsting everyone to follow my thoughts, that worries me :o !

I do not want there to be any misunderstanding on what one is suppose to do, the best way to solve that is to do a traditional coin exchange. Please Note: this will not affect the bonus round to be discussed in the near future

you could just do a 1 for one exchange, and then encourage people to post what they got and trade around after they have all been received. i dont know if this makes it any mroe white elephantish

Well I can tell you that my motive was to eliminate the need for a persons seeking list. I wanted it to be more on a random basis. I am sure that I can still implement that into the exchange somehow as long as I try not to analyze it :o !

The reason behind randomizing it woud be two fold. First if you had the coin you received then perhaps if it was trackable maybe it can be released.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH I just had something come to me. Lets promote the releasing of coins. What if you were to send a coin to your recipent that they have on their "keeping" list, otherwise a coin they already have.

Then the coin could be released into the wild with the goal to get back to the person that sent you the coin? One of the problems I see with this is it would have to be a trackable coin that everyone sends or you would have to attach a TB tag to a non trackable coin. See there I go letting my mind analyze this again.

In case you cannot tell I am trying to do something different.

If (in part) you are trying to get coins released, how about everyone who signs up agrees send out 2 random coins. Everyone receives 2 coins, but when signing up everyone agrees that they will activate and release (or in the case of non-trackables, just release) on of the coins they receive.

In essence everyone who participates is agreeing to release one of their coins. To make sure the rules are followed, participants would post here the TB number of the coin they received & activated (or the log where they released a non-trackable). You could even make such a post a requirement for the "bonus round." You still get a bit of the "white elephant" aspect as you would get 2 coins, but could only keep a maximum of one.

If (in part) you are trying to get coins released, how about everyone who signs up agrees send out 2 random coins. Everyone receives 2 coins, but when signing up everyone agrees that they will activate and release (or in the case of non-trackables, just release) on of the coins they receive.

In essence everyone who participates is agreeing to release one of their coins. To make sure the rules are followed, participants would post here the TB number of the coin they received & activated (or the log where they released a non-trackable). You could even make such a post a requirement for the "bonus round." You still get a bit of the "white elephant" aspect as you would get 2 coins, but could only keep a maximum of one.

Now there is a possibility. All the coins being released could have a similiar Title such as "WEGE - Name of Coin". Once you release the coin and post the refereance number you get the link to the Bonus, round?

Now there is a possibility. All the coins being released could have a similiar Title such as "WEGE - Name of Coin". Once you release the coin and post the refereance number you get the link to the Bonus, round?

that sounds like a winning idea.

you could even make it so that when u send two coins, one is already activated, and then adopted out to the person it is sent to, to make sure that the rules are followed. i guess that could get sticky tho.

that sounds like a winning idea.

you could even make it so that when u send two coins, one is already activated, and then adopted out to the person it is sent to, to make sure that the rules are followed. i guess that could get sticky tho.

I really don't want to deal with the adoption issue, this should really be done out of honesty :unsure: .

Ooooh, this sounds like fun! And you're going to make us wait how long before we get to play? :unsure:

Well it indeed will be done in a more simplistic way, thats is a 1 for 1 exchange. I know what I want to accomplish, my problem is I tend to me a little over analytical and will lose some in translations. I was trying to add a little White Elephant twist to the exchange, yet I was expecsting everyone to follow my thoughts, that worries me :( !

I do not want there to be any misunderstanding on what one is suppose to do, the best way to solve that is to do a traditional coin exchange. Please Note: this will not affect the bonus round to be discussed in the near future

It is a great idea thou - very novel. I totally got the original plan. :unsure:

sillygirl & jrr's idea is a good one - getting coins out there! I totally support that - I've just sorted my coins into keepers, traders, and a pile of travelers. Now I need to go through and activate them all, give them missions and set them free....

I don't want to miss this so I am asking upfront, will there be a "remail" for those of us that may miss out on the original mailing.

Just kidding. Please count me in.

Well, you do bring up a good point. Since there are only going to be 100 participants, much like coin sales I will post in advance the time that I will be starting the reservations. I will attempt to give a two to three day advance notice of when this is going to occur.

Since I would be adding to confusion no matter how I do this, I have no plans of starting a different thread. The announcement will be done in this thread. Then when that two to three day notice expires I will add a post that will provide the email address for which you will need to sign up with. You will not be able to sign up via PM's, or by using my regular profile email. That will not secure a spot for you, in fact the only thing that will get your message is a trip to the trash bin.

Also for the record prior to making the announcment there will be clear cut expectations of what you will need to do in terms of requirments. I do like the idea of sending two coins with understanding that one of those two must be activated and released.

Just my 2 cents worth...I sure like the idea of sending 2 coins with the expectation that one will be released...receiver's choice......

And having all the released coins have the WEGE prefix would be great...like Snooguns 6 Degrees of Separation caches started at GW4...I sure hope I'm one of the "chosen" 100...lol

I agree - I too like the idea of half the coins being released.

Look forward to participating. Haveing a coin circulating will be a pesonal challenge. So far they stay in personal collection.

Question: of the coin we sent into the wild, I undestand we activate the coin, we are free then to drill a hole, attache tag etc.

I see the goal is to increase the numbers of real coins in circulation. What is the groups decision about "dummy" coins being circultated? Somebody will want this option. What will the guideline be?

Accordiongal

I think in this case a dummy coin will be out of question! Personally I have no problems with dummy coins in caches (and moving them along), but a dummy coin would not fit into the mission of this game... Might be hard do let go a beautiful coin, and we can only hope that it will travel a long way and make a lot of cachers happy (that's the real mission), and not get into the hands of someone who thinks he / she can keep it... But after all, I think we can do it!

Edited by Steinwälzer

One question... is WEGE pronounced 'weegee' or 'wedgie' or 'weggie' or 'weg' with a silent 'e' at the end?

What is the Canadian pronounciation and what is the southern?

Is the emphasis on the first 'e' or the second 'e'?

:unsure:

Okay to clear this matter up it would be pronounced as follows:

Canadian Wee-gee eh (emphasis on 1st e)

Southern Wee-geeeeeeee (emphasis on 2nd e)

Northern Way-gui (no emphasis on any e)

Californian Weeg (emphasis on 1st e but with a j ending)

:blink::unsure::lol: