Team Geocache Hockey Geocoin

Mr.Explorer3

"Team OleOmi" is correct in post #89...just make sure the e and i are in the right place...lol...

We ordered 40 coins, so we'll be up for a trade or 2...

Glad you're doing this Landsharkz, your coins and service from both locations are outstanding!

Mr. Explorer...you did a stupendeous job...thanks for letting the "old farts" on the Team...

Since both the Hockey teams they have tried to establish in Texarkana, Texas have failed...I'm sure we can find some skates and sticks at the arena...lol

Oh, the invoice is paid....We be ready for some HOCKEY!

Shipping and Trades:

We are handling all shipping for Mr. Explorer3. ...

... I've heard from a guy named Beaver Dude... he wants to play in goal ;-)

Chris

Chris,

Do you think we'll be able to order the micro puck coins and have them shipped together with the team coins?

Just a thought.

Shipping and Trades:

We are handling all shipping for Mr. Explorer3. ...

... I've heard from a guy named Beaver Dude... he wants to play in goal ;-)

Chris

Chris,

Do you think we'll be able to order the micro puck coins and have them shipped together with the team coins?

Just a thought.

swimmrguy... Eartha suggested that we should keep this thread specific to the one coin :( .

How about this... we've got 43+ players and 1 goalie... the goalie is doing his best to be dressed and ready to play at the same time as the rest of the team takes the ice.

Update: We have just discussed the metal finishes with Mr.Explorer3 and our opinion is that this coin will look best in the polished nickel with the 3 shirt colour variations. Gold will look good also, but black nickel will take away from the shirt design. We would like to go with polished nickel for the home, away and third version of this coin and use the polished gold for the auction set for the MDA. This complete additional home team set in polished gold will be put up for auction to raise money for Mr.Explorer3's local fire department's (IAFF Local 187) Fill the Boot Drive.

Since the initial post stated there were going to be three metal versions (one for each of the 3 jerseys), we would like to know if anyone has an issue with making these in polished nickel only. The initial post was made before art was fully developed, however at this point we feel that the black will not work well for these coins.

Hrm. That is somewhat disappointing. I was actually looking forward to the metal variations. Especially the black nickel, even though I realize it will have a much different look than the others. Hope you reconsider.

Nice to hear I am not alone YemonYime.

Well maybe I shouldn't speak out of turn then since I'm only starting out in geocoins and really don't know much about the difference in the variations. I'll leave it to the more knowledgeable folks on the team.

While the 3 jersey types do have a variation in paint scheme, I was hoping each would have a complementary metal finish to give them that extra zing.

I've got no problem losing BN as a finish; so that leaves nickel and gold covering two of the other 3 finishes, is there a decent finish to use as a 3rd? I wouldn't mind having an antique finish, that would make a better pocket coin, as the shiny finishes tend to show fingerprints instantly.

I am ok with no Black Nickel for the third shirt, but also feel that the Jerseys are better with different metal finishes and this is my preference. Maybe a shiny copper finish or frosty gold instead of black nickel. I don't think everyone will agree, so you may have to just choose an alternative finish to BN if you choose to go this route and give anyone an opportunity to back out if they choose to do so.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

Just reread back a few posts (this time apparently slow enough for my feeble brain to comprehend full sentences :huh: )

So were there originally supposed to be four finishes, with one being the auction-only finish, or was one of the 3 original finishes arbitrarily tapped to double as the charity version?

If you want to have that auction go as high as possible, I'd vote for a 4th finish exclusive to the auction/artist (not BN ;) Maybe something in brushed copper, nice combination of the blood spilled in hockey with the burnt colors in firefighting B) )

Thank you for your feedback. Samples below are in polished nickel - size is 2" (not 1.75")

We chose the colour of the printing for the numbers and names so they would complement the shirt colours.

What we'll do is change the printing colour on the white shirt to black so it goes with black nickel and you will get what you thought you ordered (including the 3rd coin in gold). Sorry for the confusion and again thank you for your input. The auction set will be 'home' coins in gold so they will be unique.

If anyone would really like to know why on earth we thought we should make them all in polished nickel it will cost you a beer :huh: . There's a story to be told and we still do think they look darned nice in polished nickel with 3 colour variations too, but that's not what you bought so it's not what you're going to get ;) .

Chris says "be careful what you ask for because you just might get it!" B) . (We'll make it look great!)

EDI-00149-2.jpg

EDI-00149-4.jpg

EDI-00149-5.jpg

Got our package of season tickets for the upcoming NHL season in the mail yesterday! B)

And of course the team decided to put out a new jersey this year in celebration of their 10th season after relocating. :huh: How quickly time flies, seems like only yesterday when the mascot passed out while hiding inside a Zamboni! ;)B)B)

Any plans to produce pins along with the coins?

We have the art files of your names and numbers for your shirts all ready to send to the mint. We'd like you to verify that your name is spelled correctly, the number you chose is correct and the quantities are correct so we have designed an art confirmation page on our site for this purpose. The reason we are asking you to confirm this with us is because there are 48 people with unique spellings, numbers and quantities and we do not want any errors (and we know you don’t either!).

You will see the sample photos in polished nickel. The Final Production of coins is being produced in black nickel, polished nickel and polished gold as originally posted.

Once you click the link to your shirt number, your individual art file will show the art in black nickel, polished nickel and polished gold.

Note: this link is being sent bcc to confirmed coin buyers only. Eartha approved it to be posted here, but we upon further consideration we have decided to keep this link secure.

As soon as we hear from everyone it's off to the mint!

10 responses, 38 to go :rolleyes:

Yime, thank you!

We're pulling out all the stops to make sure that this large and varied order is correct the first time.

Chris and I are handling this with military precision from start to finish :D with the odd hiccup along the way to keep everyone on their toes :anitongue: !

Helen

Edited by Landsharkz

Do you know when you will be placing the order and when they should arrive?

15 responses - 33 to go.

Once we hear from everyone about their art then it will be off for final production the same day. We're making edits as they come in but so far the names are all A-OK it's just some folk adjusting quantities.

The shipping date from Asia will be posted as soon as the mint lets us know. Because it's almost 1300 coins and there are 48 different print styles, with 3 metals and 3 paint styles I would hazard a guess that the usual 16-18 days for final production will need to be extended by the mint.

We will endeavour to ship them to you the day after we get them.

9 to go! :P

Might be good to list who you are waiting on in case one of our emails got lost.

Team Sand Dollar

Tethys C

Animals

swimmrguy

Red_Wing Dave

Team DrJeepStr

El Lobo-630

MRJIFFY

Team Everywhere

Jake - Team A.I.

This just shows it was a good idea to do this. I did send my email which obviously didn't get through and I didn't think I was one of the nine. Email resent.