Team Geocache Hockey Geocoin

Mr.Explorer3

Hockey season is a short time away and I thought we should put our own team together.

I am now recruiting members for TEAM GEOCACHE. Here are the details.

Each team member will be able to put their own NAME on the back of the jersey (geocoin) and pick their own NUMBER.

The jerseys (geocoins) will come in three colors WHITE home jerseys, BLUE away jerseys, and GREEN third jerseys. Be sure you are committed to your purchase as securing a number will limit others in their choice of numbers.

Only one of each number will be available so first come first served. This will be determined by the e-mail time stamp I receive when I am contacted. Please pick a first and second choice number.

To be on the team each member will be required to purchase a set of 20 jerseys (geocoins). Each member will be able to get a combination of jerseys (geocoins) in home, away, and third jersey colors as they wish. I suggest something like 8 home, 8 away, and 4 third jerseys, but it is up to you. The jersey (geocoin) metals will be gold=third, silver=away, and black nickel=home. The name and number will be in the GC ORANGE color.

In order to make this happen we will need at least 25 members on the team. Each member’s fees will be approximately $145.00 which will include 20 personalized jerseys (geocoins), shipping, personalization, and fees. Payment will need to be in advance of the order. Be sure you are committed to your purchase as securing a number will limit others in their choice of numbers.

The jerseys (geocoins) will be trackable on geocaching.com with a unique icon.

The plan is to have these finished by October 1st, just in time for the regular hockey season. All members will need to be submitted by September 7th so we can get the geocoins back by the date we want.

Once the final roster is set I will purchase 1 additional jersey (geocoin) of every player. This complete additional home team set will be put up for auction to raise money for my local fire departments fill the boot drive, IAFF Local 187. All profits raised will go to the MDA.

Coin Specifications

Metal Gold=third jersey, Silver=away jersey, Black Nickel=home jersey

Die's 2d

Size 1.75" longest side

Thickness 3 mm

02cec2fc-6813-4933-b700-eeb7b6d22ae6.jpgad6204ec-9d0d-4d3d-bfc0-f9813d5ff727.jpgHome Jersey

0c4a6cd9-9874-4052-8da8-d8f9e435db19.jpg0dc2becf-939e-44ab-ae60-ad3299c2adf9.jpgAway Jersey

bc9d8aee-fef8-47a8-aaf7-c3a189f6f059.jpgbe5f26d8-eb32-404a-b7d9-1ee158632030.jpgThird Jersey

5a88dcf2-00b0-41a0-92eb-0f1f8a41b9b7.jpgProposed Icon

I will update the team number list as often as I can so you will know what numbers are available. Please e-mail with any questions. Samples will be here in approximately 12 days.

If you want to be on the team e-mail your username, real name, jersey number wanted, quantity of each jersey(minimum 20 total), address, paypal address, and please make sure it is spelled correctly. I will go by the spelling I receive. I am checking on the number of characters we will be limited to on the name.

Team Members

1 = Mr.Explorer3

Every good hockey team needs a grizzled veteran that can't skate as fast but looks downright intimidating in a playoff beard. I may have retired after I blew out my ACL (at the rink, not kidding), but I sure as H-E-double-hockey-sticks can park my phat arse in front of the net and play hell with the goalie.

Sign me up. I'm #21.

Yime

Team Members

00-Tank Hounds

1-Mr.Explorer3

2-TraderDell

3-TeamSandDollar

5-Tethys C

7-Landsharkz

10-dflye

12CachingCoins

13-Al Caldazar

17-PSU Fan

19-mystery

21-YemonYime

22-j2d2

69-Team Everywhere

87-Big Bear TC

??-Animals

Please e-mail all required information to secure your number.

Edited to remove one name and to add a name.

Edited by Mr.Explorer3

Team Members so far

00-Tank Hounds

1-Mr.Explorer3

2-TraderDell

3-TeamSandDollar

5-Tethys C

6-Animals

7-Landsharkz

10-dflye

12CachingCoins

13-Al Caldazar

17-PSU Fan

19-mystery

21-YemonYime

22-j2d2

28-Tw3nty3ight

69-Team Everywhere

77-Badge77

87-Big Bear TC

99-res2100

If you want to be on the team e-mail your username, real name, jersey number wanted, quantity of each jersey(minimum 20 total), address, paypal address, and please make sure it is spelled correctly.

*Edited to add names*

Edited by Mr.Explorer3

Team Members so far

00-Tank Hounds

1-Mr.Explorer3

2-TraderDell

3-TeamSandDollar

5-Tethys C

7-Landsharkz

10-dflye

12CachingCoins

13-Al Caldazar

17-PSU Fan

19-mystery

21-YemonYime

22-j2d2

28-Tw3nty3ight

69-Team Everywhere

87-Big Bear TC

99-res2100

If you want to be on the team e-mail your username, real name, jersey number wanted, quantity of each jersey(minimum 20 total), address, paypal address, and please make sure it is spelled correctly.

Just sent my request. Too bad I didn't notice this last night. I was really hoping to lock up #19 for Steve Yzerman. Crossing my fingers that my 2nd choice (#9 for Gordie Howe "Mr. Hockey") is still available.

Great coin. Great idea.

-RD

Team Members so far

00-Tank Hounds

1-Mr.Explorer3

2-TraderDell

3-TeamSandDollar

5-Tethys C

6-Animals

7-Landsharkz

8-wilg

10-dflye

12CachingCoins

13-Al Caldazar

17-PSU Fan

19-Redwing_dave

21-YemonYime

22-j2d2

28-Tw3nty3ight

34-S&G.Davison

68-LadeBear68

69-Team Everywhere

73-TheWanderingStars

77-Badge77

80-maverick_65g

87-Big Bear TC

99-res2100

*Edited to add Names*

*Edited to add Names again*

Edited by Mr.Explorer3

I know we shouldnt be hockey fans here in the south, but I have had 4th row season tickets to the Hurricanes since they moved to Raleigh. Still a die hard football guy, but hockey is a close second, so I figured I would join the team by grabbing my goalie Cam Ward's #30. Very cool idea, I look forward to getting the coins.

Edited by Geo_Moose

I know we shouldnt be hockey fans here in the south, but I have had 4th row season tickets to the Hurricanes since they moved to Raleigh. Still a die hard football guy, but hockey is a close second, so I figured I would join the team by grabbing my goalie Cam Ward's #30. Very cool idea, I look forward to getting the coins.

:o

We've had season tickets since the 2nd year in Greensboro while they waited for the real arena in Raleigh to be built. Bounced around between sections over the years, in 102 this year.

We'll have to swap coins on opening night. :)

Team Members so far

00-Tank Hounds

1-Mr.Explorer3

2-TraderDell

3-TeamSandDollar

5-Tethys C

6-Animals

7-Landsharkz

8-wilg

10-dflye

12CachingCoins

13-Al Caldazar

17-PSU Fan

19-Redwing_dave

21-YemonYime

22-j2d2

28-Tw3nty3ight

30-Geo Moose

34-S&G.Davison

68-LadeBear68

69-Team Everywhere

73-TheWanderingStars

77-Badge77

80-maverick_65g

99-res2100

*edited to remove a name*

Edited by Mr.Explorer3

I would like to announce that Landsharkz will be producing this geocoin. I am excited to get this going and can't wait to see the samples. Thank you Landsharkz.

Thank you to the other companies I contacted for your quotes and suggestions.

Right on. A Canadian company making jerseys for the Canadian game. :o Looking forward to these coins for the upcoming season.

B)

We've had season tickets since the 2nd year in Greensboro while they waited for the real arena in Raleigh to be built. Bounced around between sections over the years, in 102 this year.

We'll have to swap coins on opening night. :unsure:

Small world, we are in section 103 4 rows behind the visitors box. Trading coins sounds like a plan. :(

Team Members so far

00-Tank Hounds

1-Mr.Explorer3

2-TraderDell

3-TeamSandDollar

4-mark&beth

5-Tethys C

6-Animals

7-Landsharkz

8-wilg

10-dflye

12CachingCoins

13-Al Caldazar

17-PSU Fan

19-Redwing_dave

21-YemonYime

22-j2d2

28-Tw3nty3ight

30-Geo Moose

34-S&G.Davison

68-LadeBear68

69-Team Everywhere

73-TheWanderingStars

77-Badge77

80-maverick_65g

99-res2100

WooHoo! We now have 25 members on our team.

Team Members so far

00-Tank Hounds

1-Mr.Explorer3

2-TraderDell

3-TeamSandDollar

4-mark&beth

5-Tethys C

6-Animals

7-Landsharkz

8-wilg

10-dflye

12CachingCoins

13-Al Caldazar

17-PSU Fan

19-Redwing_dave

21-YemonYime

22-j2d2

28-Tw3nty3ight

30-Geo Moose

34-S&G.Davison

50-MRJIFFY

68-LadeBear68

69-Team Everywhere

73-TheWanderingStars

77-Badge77

80-maverick_65g

99-res2100