Sharkz 07

Landsharkz

We've finally listed our very own personal Sharkz 07 Rock Garden Geocoin for sale :grin: .

It is available in:

Helen's: polished gold with copper translucent on the front and a mango kayak on the back,

Chris': polished gold with green translucent on the front and a blue kayak on the back.

Price: $9.50 CAD and US orders will be shipped from WA state.

The front is the same as last year's shark - all our personal demographics!

The water on the back is translucent so you can look right into the water of the tidal rocky areas in and around the Pacific Northwest and see what we see from our kayaks.

The prefix is LS for Landsharkz of course :grin:

We also minted some in black nickel and mucked around with the translucent colours on the back to create a better effect in the black. The black nickel of both versions are not for sale but will be used for face-to-face trades. We're probably still going to have these to trade at GW6 and also at Rendezvous-Quebec 2008. We reserve the right to donate them, gift them and leave them in caches too!

sharkz.jpg

Ordered! Very cool coin, can't wait to get them!

Next Question...what do we have to do to atleast see a pic of the Black Nickel coins? I have considered having a B. nickel coin made with the translucent features your talking about, but have wanted to see one first. I'll keep checking back for a pic......

Edited by JEEOCASHER

I found one of your coins while caching in Victoria last December. It was so beautiful and different then any other coin that I had held up to that point. :D

These look just as beautiful (actually, more). Thanks! I love the back of the red one and love the front of the green one. :grin: The red is spectacular but green is my favorite color. But the mango kayak looks more balanced on the back to me. <sigh> It sucks to be picky. :grin::grin:

*drool*

Very nice! I love kayaking :grin: Dagger Blackwater 12.5'

~tsun :grin:

Are you gonna put any up on the American cacher website?

~tsun, mine is a Current Designs Whistler, but the kayak on the coin is modeled after Chris Delta 14.5. Terrain 5 R Us! :grin:

We could put some on American Cacher, hadn't thought of that. We're heading out the door to the US as I type so perhaps if there's any left after the event we'll try some out there.

Helen

Very nice! I love kayaking :grin: Dagger Blackwater 12.5'

~tsun :grin:

Are you gonna put any up on the American cacher website?

~tsun, mine is a Current Designs Whistler, but the kayak on the coin is modeled after Chris Delta 14.5. Terrain 5 R Us! :grin:

We could put some on American Cacher, hadn't thought of that. We're heading out the door to the US as I type so perhaps if there's any left after the event we'll try some out there.

Helen

Have fun at the campout. :D Wish I could be there this year!

Nice. I typically don't like non-round coins but this is certainly an exception.

The design just lends itself to the shape and this is well done. Perfect timing, too - I'm cathing up on all the Shark Week episodes on my Tivo.

:grin: My husband (and me, because I'm a captive in my bed) watched all of those. Some of them are pretty graphic.

I have a weird fascination with sharks. My husband says that if I were there I'd just be jumping in with them and be trying to pet them. :grin: Probably true. Intellectually it freaks me out, but when I'm actually near a shark I'm totally drawn to them and try and get as close as possible while everyone else is running away. I have some cool shark memories, so I love this coin. :D The kayaking theme is just the icing. I was just getting into kayaking a couple years ago and bought a dagger from a friend, but unfortunately it's gathering dust. S'ok, my friend uses the opportunity to borrow it every once in a while. :grin:

Since you didnt have them when we met in SLC, am I still on to getting one :lol:

Yup, uh-huh, sure thing, it's a deal! What ya got to trade mate :lol: ? Send us a note to landsharkz at shaw dot ca with your mailing address and we'll post them this weekend while we're 'state-side'...again!

We told all the folks who we met on our travels that we'd honour trade requests when we got our belated coins in hand so a few packages are being mailed this weekend.

Very, VERY nice! Makes me homesick for the San Juans :D

Did you see where we were caching last week? :) LOL! ...not by kayak though, we had SV Jolie out for a few days.

OMG :) I grew up over on 20th street!!! And if the shelf tree is what I think it is, I might even have a picture from when I was showing it to Cherie when she met my family for the first time! I can't wait to get back over there! :) I miss the saltwater. B)

Bother! I'd meant to buy some. Oh well, you snooze, you lose. Onto my seeking list they go.

keewee, don't despair! We only minted 150 of each version in polished nickel at first (plus our personal black nickel ones) because the mint was having a devil of a time getting them right. We have the continuation of the batch in production (read my lips this is NOT a remint :) ) and they'll be on the site in a couple of weeks.

Please don't ask us how many we're minting... it will be in the gallery later when we're sure we're done. It will be very limited though. Last year we minted 500 I think and we're not about to flood the market with them this time around.

Very, VERY nice! Makes me homesick for the San Juans :)

Did you see where we were caching last week? B) LOL! ...not by kayak though, we had SV Jolie out for a few days.

OMG B) I grew up over on 20th street!!! And if the shelf tree is what I think it is, I might even have a picture from when I was showing it to Cherie when she met my family for the first time! I can't wait to get back over there! :D I miss the saltwater. :)

The Shelf Tree cache was fun - we found it at night with just the coords. We didn't know if it was a micro, regular or virtual!! Cacher instinct kicked in when we saw the tree :) .

It's not far for us to sail over, so if you're making the trip and have some free time let us know!

Got our coin a few days ago. Sorry we missed you when you stopped in Boise a couple weeks ago. Would have loved to have met you.

We sure enjoyed our time there - we found 1 cache with Mav... his 900th! Saw smoke jumpers decending from a plane - and we almost got a Geocoin Fairy coin in a cache between Twin Falls and Bliss I think it was.... that would have been a treat! Maybe we'll hook up next time - we would love to return again.

Mine arrived here in Australia today along with a couple of the 2007 BC coins, to much fanfare from my wife and 2yo daughter. Nice job!

Thanks!

More Sharkz coins will be shipping around September 14th.