Which do I need if Any and Why

hisgrace1

Ok I'm so very confused still on all this stuff...This is the way we have been doing it but is there a better way.....I use my laptop and save all the logs on it one by one....then I use the GPS and save the location one by one ....and then we are off....is there a better way....PLEASE TELL ME....and what is the differnce between the GSAK< cachemate< and all the other stuff.....

You are a Premium Member, so you can create Pocket Queries. The link to them is on the right hand side of your My Account page. You can set them up to include just the caches you want to seek. This is how I set up one section of the PQ form:

2e19e8d7-5e21-4326-8cef-6327c29f2302.jpg

After you Preview the results to make sure the PQ is returning what you expect, choose a day for the PQ to run. I open the PQs in GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife). This is a program for Windows. It has a bit of a steep learning cureve, but by using it, I can load nearly 500 caches in my Vista C in under a minute. :grin:

I also have an older Palm M500 on which I installed Cachemate. That is a great, easy to use program that gives you the cache description, the hint, and five, or more, Past Logs, as well as a "page" where you can make notes about the cache.

Since it looks like you are a premium member. You can create a pocket query to download a group of caches. I Then import them into GSAK to upload to my GPSr. I also use GSAK with a available macro to generate find statistics that I post on my profile. Ialso use GSAK to export cache info to Cacemante that I run on my PDA for paperless caching, this lets me manage notes, comments and Travel Bug/Geocoin placement. The whole process from query result to loading into my GPSr and PDA takes about 20 minutes.

I can also create a found/not found cache export file in Cachmate, update the GSAK file, and then post finds/not finds to geocaching.com using a macro in GSAK

Ditto on what miragee and arthurat said. By the way I'll be caching in the Fernley area tomorrow. I have 16 on my list half of which were placed by you. If you see a bright green Jeep cruising the area with a Geospyder decal on the side - give a wave.

Edited by geospyder