Notes for TB drops

I use a note if I'm not visiting the cache for the first time, or on the odd occasion when I forgot to drop the TB with my find note, but apart from that, I don't know.

This is why I use notes.....esp since most of the trackables I find go into my own cache next to the M1. No log entry and I'm always visiting. :mad:

Sometimes after I have "dropped" a TB into a cache I go back to the log for the TB and edit it to leave a note. That way the TB's owner can see it without going to the cache site. As I TB owner it's nice to see notes on the TB's page, rather than just a list of caches and cachers.

Sometimes, the TB drop down list does work properly, nor left you drop in more than one TB at a time.

Then the only way to log the Tb's into the cache is to post a note.

You can drop multiple TBs while logging a single cache by holding down the 'Ctrl' key and then click on the TBs you want to select from the list as per usual. :grin:

Sometimes, the TB drop down list does work properly, nor left you drop in more than one TB at a time.

Then the only way to log the Tb's into the cache is to post a note.

You can drop multiple TBs while logging a single cache by holding down the 'Ctrl' key and then click on the TBs you want to select from the list as per usual. :grin:

We have been caching long enough to know that, but sometimes it just does NOT work, however many times you try to do so. :grin:

I hate bug\coin drop notes!

I too forget to log them in sometimes and have to log a note to enable me to drop the coin\bug into the cache but I instantly delete the note! It's easy and doesn't effect the TB or Coins location.

That way the previous logs are not taken up with such inane drivel and it keeps the grey squares from showing up in GSAK leaving room for the nice green or nasty red squares which are far more informative.

If I notice anyone else dropping stuff into one of my caches I will delete their note for the same reason if they haven't done it anyway.

Cheers

Dave

I too forget to log them in sometimes and have to log a note to enable me to drop the coin\bug into the cache but I instantly delete the note! It's easy and doesn't effect the TB or Coins location.

Cheers

Dave

Ooh - I never knew you could delete a note and not affect the TB's location! Just goes to show you never stop learning. :grin:

Lisa