loading mapsource topogb v2

i have just purchased the mapsource topo.gb v2 and i am currently trying to upload it into my etrex vista hcx. its taking hours that said i have selected the entire country (as i have a 2gig card) is this usual ? or am i doing something very wrong ?. this would not surprise me as just getting the software registered was an ordeal in its self.

thanks psalters c.f.c

i have just purchased the mapsource topo.gb v2 and i am currently trying to upload it into my etrex vista hcx. its taking hours that said i have selected the entire country (as i have a 2gig card) is this usual ? or am i doing something very wrong ?. this would not surprise me as just getting the software registered was an ordeal in its self.

thanks psalters c.f.c

It should take 2 to 2.5 hours - longer if you are not using a card reader!

thanks psalters c.f.c

If the slow part is doing the actual transfer and not building the mapset then getting a cardreader and xfering the maps to the card directly would be a lot quicker.

thanks psalters c.f.c

crikey an update if anyone is interested its been going just under 4 hours and its just finished compiling the maps and started sending them to the gps which its states will take a further 2.5 hours. its about now im glad i live on a small over populated rock rather than somewhere the size of the us or canada !!!

psalters