Pocket Query: Google Map Preview Option GONE!

michigansnorkelers

When looking at the list of Pocket Queries, the icons to "Preview your Pocket Query in Google Maps" have gone MISSING! The legend for this icon is still at the bottom of the page, but the icons are no longer there.

Noticed this last night and again today.

I always found this to be a useful feature. Hope this is a temporary glitch and not a permanent change.

Well, it looks like the OLD Google maps is BACK! At least for a while.

Let's keep it that way!

I like seeing my PQs in Google maps.

I like seeing a numbered listing of my caches.

I like being able to double the vertical height of the map.

Keep these options, and I will be happy, as will many other geocachers!

No.

I like those things too, but the lightning fast response and 500 cache limit (rather than 20!) of the new style google maps can't be beat.

-Ben

When looking at the list of Pocket Queries, the icons to "Preview your Pocket Query in Google Maps" have gone MISSING! ...

I always found the preview in google maps to be the only useful feature of PQs.

Any news about it? Will it be revived in the near future?

When looking at the list of Pocket Queries, the icons to "Preview your Pocket Query in Google Maps" have gone MISSING! ...

We've almost completed work on adding PQs back to the Geocaching Google Maps. You should see an update early next week if all goes well!

We've almost completed work on adding PQs back to the Geocaching Google Maps. You should see an update early next week if all goes well!

That is great news. Since the map change I am having a problem with the PQ. It only shows the caches that I have found. I have tried to change the setup to not show found caches but it still shows ONLY the caches that I have found. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get only unfound caches to show?

The map works now. :( I can even visualize my own finds on the map using the guid of a "My Finds" PQ.

That is great news. Since the map change I am having a problem with the PQ. It only shows the caches that I have found. I have tried to change the setup to not show found caches but it still shows ONLY the caches that I have found. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get only unfound caches to show?

Sorry, I can't reproduce your problem. I can see all caches on the map. The ones I have found a marked with a smilie the others with the appropriate icon.

My PQ are working fine. Shows a map with all the caches in the pq.

The map icon is back on PQs but it brings up a blank screen on Safari 3.0.3 and Mozilla Firefox 2.0.07 with Mac OS X 10.4.10. FYI

I just noticed this morning that the "Preview" feature is back in the pocket queries; when I click on preview of any of my pocket queries, it initially shows "Green Lake Park" (where ever that is??!!!); if you wait about 5 seconds or so, it will go to a map showing all the caches in the pocket query you selected. It used to open up showing the closest cache in that query (since I created my pocket queries by zip codes), but now it's zoomed WAY out, showing all of the caches. I guess it's no big deal, you just need to zoom into where you want to look! Always a work in progress!!

Wow. Awesome work on this feature. Thanks.

"Green Lake Park" (where ever that is) still displays initially for quite a while (10-15 sec? when browsing with Firefox 2.0.0.5; but everything seems slow today). When the script finally displays the right stuff, it is fantastic.

I don't know if it is possible or feasible, but it would also be neat if we could select to show the boundary of the PQ (circle for circular areas, transparent band for Route PQ, transparent shaded states/countries, etc). I know, I know,...we always want more, more, more,...

The map icon is back on PQs but it brings up a blank screen on Safari 3.0.3 and Mozilla Firefox 2.0.07 with Mac OS X 10.4.10. FYI

The map is working for me with Safari 3.0.4 on OS X 10.4.10, but Firefox isn't working for me either.

--Marky

Wow. Awesome work on this feature. Thanks.

"Green Lake Park" (where ever that is) still displays initially for quite a while (10-15 sec? when browsing with Firefox 2.0.0.5; but everything seems slow today). When the script finally displays the right stuff, it is fantastic.

I am very thankful that the Google Maps Preview of Pocket Queries is back

and running. The absence of that feature was seriously impacting my

caching. And it's now better than it was before because the caches displayed

are no longer limited to a small number, so I'm doubly thankful.

Green Lake is in Seattle, home of GC.com. Presumably

the map coordinates default there until the right map

boundaries can be parsed out of the PQ.

I would call this a serious bug, because everyone knows that

it's really FREMONT that's the Center of the Universe. :)

The map is working for me with Safari 3.0.4 on OS X 10.4.10, but Firefox isn't working for me either.

--Marky

The PQ map does now works in Firefox 2.0.07 but NOT in Safari 3.03. FYI

--Marky

Oops, I meant OS X 10.5