Cache Machine

A cache machine is a route set up to visit as many caches as possible in the day. It is for fun and fellowship, so you might have to change some of your favorite caching habits. One my wife has to "set aside" is finding the cache herself (everyone spotting it, but leaving it for all others in group to find), as speed is part of the CM. TravisL started the CM's in the Northwest, and checking out his profile will give links to the past ones, which have a lot of info of who/what/why/how CMs go.

Edit to add: There are a few rules - such as the person to find the cache, rehides the cache (which can be real fun if a mob of 50 start showing up, as you need to wait until everyone has signed. Or just stick it back and let someone else pull it out again...).

Edited by The Jester

A cache machine is a route set up to visit as many caches as possible in the day. It is for fun and fellowship, so you might have to change some of your favorite caching habits. One my wife has to "set aside" is finding the cache herself (everyone spotting it, but leaving it for all others in group to find), as speed is part of the CM. TravisL started the CM's in the Northwest, and checking out his profile will give links to the past ones, which have a lot of info of who/what/why/how CMs go.

Edit to add: There are a few rules - such as the person to find the cache, rehides the cache (which can be real fun if a mob of 50 start showing up, as you need to wait until everyone has signed. Or just stick it back and let someone else pull it out again...).

Most cache machines I've heard of, use the Three Musketeers rule - once it's found, everyone in the group can log it.

Most cache machines I've heard of, use the Three Musketeers rule - once it's found, everyone in the group can log it.

Odd that. We have been following a rule that we didn't even know existed. Pretty smart I guess. ;):lol::lol:

Another rule is you don't machine a cache without the owner's permission. Some caches are in areas that can't handle a large number of visitors in such a short period of time. Other caches are in locations that a large number of folks would give away the location. Both jeopardize the integrity of the cache. We have a general rule of simply not machining our caches at all.

If you're still there, there's a program on the event page that tells you what caches are involved. They tell you to turn left onto xxx street at 9:02, right on xxx street at 9:03, etc. I guess it's like a madcap keystone cops adventure, but for me, it would just get me all worked up, not in a good way. I don't begrudge those who do it at all, but I like to enjoy the view, I like to stop and have lunch. Different strokes. Glad to see you back in PT.