Which Map Should I Choose?

I just ordered the 60 CSx for geocaching. I am a real estate appraiser and would like to take advantage of the capabilities the 60 CSx offers. Which map is better, City Navigator NA NT v8 or MetroGuide NA v8? I would like to use the auto-routing feature. Which between the two is the most accurate? Are there any other maps out there that are more accurate that utilize the auto-routing feature?

Thanks in advance for you help and input.

Richard

I just ordered the 60 CSx for geocaching. I am a real estate appraiser and would like to take advantage of the capabilities the 60 CSx offers. Which map is better, City Navigator NA NT v8 or MetroGuide NA v8? I would like to use the auto-routing feature. Which between the two is the most accurate? Are there any other maps out there that are more accurate that utilize the auto-routing feature?

Thanks in advance for you help and input.

Richard

Since u will be geocaching with it, might also want to consider topo 2008. If you are caching off-road

or on trails/woods, it shows you elevation. Sometimes that can come in quite handy.

However, if your geocaching is limited to urban caches, then doubt you will have use for that information.

Some don't like it, but i find it a very nice map myself.

--danny

...Since u will be geocaching with it, might also want to consider topo 2008. If you are caching off-road

or on trails/woods, it shows you elevation. Sometimes that can come in quite handy.

However, if your geocaching is limited to urban caches, then doubt you will have use for that information.

--danny

Topo doesn't auto route. But since you can have both City Select and Topo maps on the GPS it's a good suggestion if they do go off road.

...Since u will be geocaching with it, might also want to consider topo 2008. If you are caching off-road

--danny

Topo doesn't auto route. But since you can have both City Select and Topo maps on the GPS it's a good suggestion if they do go off road.

i didn't mean topo without CN. CN is a given for what he wants.. i just meant it in addition to CN since he will be caching and said he wanted the most the unit could do....

--danny

You'll want to get a 2GB SD card. I'd go with CN 2008 NT not v8.

I opted against Topo 2008 in favor of the Topo 24 maps. 1:100 won't help you a lot compared to the National Parks maps at 1:24. IMO Luckily where I live and spend most of my time in the woods are covered in the Topo 24 maps. YMMV

Received my CN 2008 NT dvd from gpsnow.com. Shipped same day and I had it in 3 days. Install was straight forward. I opted to reboot the system before registering the software. Took a bit over an hour to load the continental US maps onto the unit. With those and GA, SC and NC topo 24 national parks I'm at 1GB on the card.

I'm giving the CN 2008 a test run today.

I have ordered the same unit. Will I be able to cache without any add on maps? Wasn't using it for driving really. Just to outline my hunting routes and a few waypoints and for caching. I have Street and Trips. I hear you can move pushpins into a Garmin with different 3rd party apps.

So is the unit itself a waste if I don't have an add on map? Also, if I need one I don't have time to order it. Are there any retailers with decent prices.

If it helps I hunt and will cache in SE PA. Lets say the right half of PA from Harrisburg over.

I have ordered the same unit. Will I be able to cache without any add on maps? Wasn't using it for driving really. Just to outline my hunting routes and a few waypoints and for caching. I have Street and Trips. I hear you can move pushpins into a Garmin with different 3rd party apps.

So is the unit itself a waste if I don't have an add on map? Also, if I need one I don't have time to order it. Are there any retailers with decent prices.

If it helps I hunt and will cache in SE PA. Lets say the right half of PA from Harrisburg over.

You do not need the maps to use the 76CSX to cache with. You can use google maps from the cache page to figure out where to park and how to get there. Also, sometimes the description will give you directions on how to get there.

That being said, the topo's are usefull at times once you get out of your car/truck. And the road maps can be usefull directing you (turn by turn) to the parking location.

If you don't buy the GPS maps, you could pick up topo maps (paper ones) at most book stores and even seen them at gas stations. I would also have a good road map.... both could make up for your lack of GPS maps.

--danny