What GPS and PDA software

mithuth

I just sent payment for a Garmin eTrex Legend and a Palm Zire M150 and it should hopefully arrive in time for this weekend's adventures.

I'm sure you guys(and gals) have some tips and tricks for a new cacher to make my electronic caching a bit less traumatic.

I looked around a bit, and it seems my best bet would be to get GSAK, but what else do I need to help me interface from my laptop to my PDA and GPS?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Edited by mithuth

Most people I know caching paperless are using GSAK on their computor, Cachemate on the Palm. These are great programs. We're just using the most basic of the features and getting great results, but picking up a tip here and there to help us save time. I think the next big learning curve for us will be to get better at filtering out puzzle caches and learning to plan a cacheing route better.

Best of luck with your new stuff!

And here's a great article you'll like that will tell you how to get it all together, in case you missed it...

http://65.34.18.106/content.php?article.15

Edited by muddy frogs

Most people I know caching paperless are using GSAK on their computor, Cachemate on the Palm. These are great programs. We're just using the most basic of the features and getting great results, but picking up a tip here and there to help us save time. I think the next big learning curve for us will be to get better at filtering out puzzle caches and learning to plan a cacheing route better.

And here's a great article you'll like that will tell you how to get it all together, in case you missed it...

I normally use Mobipocket but the site has been down for a couple of days and I want to download my pocket query prc file to my HP iPAQ, today. Can I use GSAK and Cachemate? Is their another software product I need to download to my iPAQ?

I normally use Mobipocket but the site has been down for a couple of days and I want to download my pocket query prc file to my HP iPAQ, today. Can I use GSAK and Cachemate? Is their another software product I need to download to my iPAQ?

Mobi is terrible - I use GPXSonar to view the pages out in the field on my Dell Axim.