Advertising your own caches

There are subtle forms of cache advertising which tend to pass under the forum radar, but far be it from me to give you any pointers. Pointers are dogs of course, which reminds me of my latest cache, which is a puzzle where you have to identify breeds of dog... <_<

Edit: Dog breads, are of course, not legal to be eaten in the UK. Sweetbreads, on the other hand... (it's Sweet Meats that would be the Mutt's Nuts) Thanks for the spelling check markandlynn :o P.S. What's a whilo? :o

Edited by Simply Paul
I've heard about people doing that, but I've never actually caught anyone in the act. <_<

Oh! I have :D:o

All new caches get listed in the weekly notification e-mail, you can elect to receive notifications of new caches near your home location and can of course search for new caches at any time. With over 20,000 active caches in the UK now and hundreds new ones appearing all the time, as has been said these forums would soon become clogged.

It's a convention that seems to have worked for the past few years with few complaints so I see no reason to discontinue it. :o

There are subtle forms of cache advertising which tend to pass under the forum radar, but far be it from me to give you any pointers. Pointers are dogs of course, which reminds me of my latest cache, which is a puzzle where you have to identify breads of dog... :o

Dont you mean breeds of dog ?? <_<:o I had an image of a bakery selling bread shaped dogs for a whilo but i soon got over it. That cache sounds similar to my new cache which offers bonus points for identifying dragonflies.

There is an area on the GUK forums where you can advertise new caches to your hearts content.

Edited by Lactodorum

There are subtle forms of cache advertising which tend to pass under the forum radar, but far be it from me to give you any pointers. Pointers are dogs of course, which reminds me of my latest cache, which is a puzzle where you have to identify breads of dog... :D

Dont you mean breeds of dog ?? <_<:o I had an image of a bakery selling bread shaped dogs for a whilo but i soon got over it.

I feel that a bakery would be more likely to sell dog shaped bread. :o

However it may not have been a typo on SP's part. Perhaps he's referring to (sweet)breads of dog, in which case I imagine his latest cache really could be the "Mutts Nuts"!

There are subtle forms of cache advertising which tend to pass under the forum radar, but far be it from me to give you any pointers. Pointers are dogs of course, which reminds me of my latest cache, which is a puzzle where you have to identify breeds of dog... :D

Edit: Dog breads, are of course, not legal to be eaten in the UK. Sweetbreads, on the other hand... (it's Sweet Meats that would be the Mutt's Nuts) Thanks for the spelling check markandlynn :D P.S. What's a whilo? :D

ROFL! :surprise::(:D

For new caches at least, I'm guessing Groundspeak would rather you pay Premium membership to get notifications rather than get free notifications from the forums... :surprise:

I'm guessing the promotion of other peoples caches is also frowned upon? Otherwise there would be sock puppet promoting going on all over the place?

J

There are subtle forms of cache advertising which tend to pass under the forum radar, but far be it from me to give you any pointers. Pointers are dogs of course, which reminds me of my latest cache, which is a puzzle where you have to identify breeds of dog... B)

Edit: Dog breads, are of course, not legal to be eaten in the UK. Sweetbreads, on the other hand... (it's Sweet Meats that would be the Mutt's Nuts) Thanks for the spelling check markandlynn :) P.S. What's a whilo? :surprise:

ROFL! :(:D:D

HA ! took a whilo but here it is

Whilo :D:D